Author Topic: Wanted: USA MINT/Working Fighting Street Disc, Veigues chip  (Read 1083 times)

Turbo D

Re: Wanted: USA MINT/Working Fighting Street Disc, Veigues chip
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 10:52:31 AM »
Now I can see why its hard to do moves on that game, haha. I must own those buttons and have the real experience  :)

rag-time4

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 04:30:31 AM »
Now I can see why its hard to do moves on that game, haha. I must own those buttons and have the real experience  :)

Fighting Street attempts to use the 2 button setup, the port on Capcom Classics Collection vol 2 uses the now-standard 6-button setup. The controls in the Capcom Classics port work perfectly.

Turbo D

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 05:34:13 AM »
cool, I'll have to check it out  :D

rag-time4

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 06:30:05 AM »

Keep in mind that the 6-button setup for Street Fighter 1 responds differently than Street Fighter 2. In Street Fighter 1, the buttons only respond when released, not when pressed. You can hold "jab" as long as you want but your character won't do anything until you let go of the button, then he'll "jab" immedeately.

This works in Street Fighter 2 as well (including the PCE version) but only for special moves. ALL moves in Street Fighter 1 are performed by releasing the buttons, not by pressing them.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 06:53:07 AM by rag-time4 »

rag-time4

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 06:31:52 AM »
BTW I would still like to buy MINT/working loose copies of Fighting Street and Veigues Tactical Gladiator if anyone has one for sale/trade.  :-"

ceti alpha

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2007, 07:28:31 AM »
hehe. Well, if you want my copy of SF you can have it. I haven't yet completed the game, but I haven't had any problems yet. Still haven't gotten past Mike. lol  ](*,)

Peace

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 07:46:57 AM »
hehe. Well, if you want my copy of SF you can have it. I haven't yet completed the game, but I haven't had any problems yet. Still haven't gotten past Mike. lol  ](*,)

Peace

Do you want something in return?

I read elsewhere you were interested in Ninja Spirit and SideArms Special... I'll trade those for the loose Fighting Street Disc. PM me so we can confirm and exchange information.

Keranu

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 09:25:52 AM »

Keep in mind that the 6-button setup for Street Fighter 1 responds differently than Street Fighter 2. In Street Fighter 1, the buttons only respond when released, not when pressed. You can hold "jab" as long as you want but your character won't do anything until you let go of the button, then he'll "jab" immedeately.
That's very interesting.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

rag-time4

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2007, 10:28:05 AM »

That's very interesting.

Keranu, if you want, you can try this with SF2. Any version should work, including the PCE version. Try throwing a fireball by releasing your punch button when you finish the quarter circle motion. Only special moves can be performed this way in the SF2 games.... it does have some tactical implications, but it's mostly just an interesting little quirk to mess around with.

In SF1, all the attacks are done by releasing the buttons, instead of pressing them.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 04:36:37 PM »
Buffer moves!!!

Keranu

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 05:04:07 PM »

That's very interesting.

Keranu, if you want, you can try this with SF2. Any version should work, including the PCE version. Try throwing a fireball by releasing your punch button when you finish the quarter circle motion. Only special moves can be performed this way in the SF2 games.... it does have some tactical implications, but it's mostly just an interesting little quirk to mess around with.

In SF1, all the attacks are done by releasing the buttons, instead of pressing them.
Will do, that sounds sweet!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).