Author Topic: Sol Moonarge  (Read 1204 times)

m1savage

Sol Moonarge
« on: September 10, 2007, 04:28:47 PM »
Started playing through this game this weekend and am really enjoying it so far. Who here has played all the way through this game? Just want to know who to bug if I get stuck for some reason.  :D

Keranu

Re: Sol Moonarge
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 04:54:57 PM »
I haven't played it, but it looks really weird. Is it just me, or does the main character have a really long nose?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Tatsujin

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 08:16:26 PM »
one of the best RPGs i know. IREM did a real good job on that one.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

m1savage

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:04:33 AM »
Yes, a couple of the main characters have long noses. Gotta be careful when kissing a girl with that thing or it'll go right through her head (see the back of the game case for an example).  :^o

The game has been very impressive so far and I look forward to playing more.

GUTS

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 12:42:26 PM »
I'm getting close to the end, there were a couple spots I got stuck but not for long.

m1savage

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 09:47:55 AM »
Arrrg! I'm stuck. Hoping GUTS or someone can help me out here.

Seems there is something here to take, but when I try, I just warp out of the area -

...and this dude won't let me into the cave -

...and though I can tell they're out of water here, I can only enter or exit the town from the one side -

Like always, I'm sure it's something easy I'm missing but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks!

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 10:54:49 AM »
I love the tree graphics in this game :) .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
Savage in the town in the mountain (the one you pass through to get to the mountain dungeon you took a picture from) you have to talk to the old lady shop keeper from the side (the one at the top left of the town, she's there day or night).  Then you go to that town with the dam blocking the water and talk to somebody, then the guy blocking the mountain moves if I remember correctly. 

The item you got from the mountain dungeon was a map that warps you to any town you've been to, even though it looks like there's something there to grab you should already have it.

termis

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 02:55:33 PM »
game looks good.  How about a review when you're finished?  :)

m1savage

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 03:16:48 PM »
GUTS, you da man!  :dance:

I just thought I'd talked to everyone again. Didn't talk to her from "the side".

I'll give a review with pictures when I'm finished. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as quick as runinruder, not to mention all those mahjong games I've got going as well.  :D

GUTS

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
I just beat it tonight, let me know if you get stuck again.  There are a couple more tricky parts.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 03:51:11 AM »
This game looks lovely, and I look forward to your review, but I have to ask.  What is that, a fighting tomato in your party?   :-k
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

GUTS

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 05:05:02 AM »
Haha its a little sprout thingy that grows as it levels up.

awack

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 04:10:03 PM »
Ive had this game for a few years now, got it off ebay, but never gave it a serious try until i read some of the post here , the gameplay is not tedious, it has a nice fast pace, some of the graphics are the most colorful and detailed i have seen from an rpg of that period, me no likey the music to muchy so far though. I'm posting this screenshot for blacktiger because it has 102 colors, this is also the part where i stopped playing.

Keranu

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 04:19:08 PM »
I don't like the sprites very much, but the tiles look awesome! Does anyone have screenshots of the platform parts?