Author Topic: Sol Moonarge  (Read 1202 times)

Keranu

Re: Sol Moonarge
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2007, 05:47:35 PM »
I like so-called "traditional" gameplay that doesn't involve overly convoluted "systems" or feature hundreds of spells/skills/etc that I'll never use and only three that I will.
Agreed. All I need is Fight, Magic, Item, and Run. 8) Defense is exceptional too.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2007, 07:21:39 PM »
What?  The gameplay is excellent, that's the game's strongest point.

It seems that there are two major groups of RPG fans, those who enjoy old school/traditional RPG gameplay and those who prefer the modern stuff.

Depending on which group you fall into, either one can be viewd as poor gameplay.

I like so-called "traditional" gameplay that doesn't involve overly convoluted "systems" or feature hundreds of spells/skills/etc that I'll never use and only three that I will.

I like world maps, turn based battles and dungeons that aren't linear pop-up-book paths. I also like to be able to equip my characters with weapons and armor.

I don't like RPGs that are completely linear or unlinear.

Same here!

m1savage

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2007, 01:54:22 AM »
Agreed. All I need is Fight, Magic, Item, and Run. 8) Defense is exceptional too.

Then Sol Moonarge would be right up your alley. There is also six auto battle options you can use depending on how you want your party to level up though I preferred managing it myself for most of the game.

GUTS

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2007, 05:44:52 PM »
Yeah exactly, Sol Moonarge has an incredibly intuitive and streamlined combat system for any RPG from any generation.  I don't understand how anyone who likes RPGs could call the gameplay bad by any stretch.  It's super fast, has random "super attacks", auto battling, lots of magic, items, and cool looking enemies, what's not to like?

JapanTokei

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2010, 10:01:21 PM »
So I just found out there are 2 versions of this game.... reviving this thread. 

See my post on the (exterior) differences of the game.  Any of you guys know if there are differences in the gameplay b/t the 2 versions?

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=8330.0