Author Topic: Jaki Crush-Naxat Pinball  (Read 980 times)

nat

Re: Jaki Crush-Naxat Pinball
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 04:36:26 AM »
If Compile did all the "Crush" pinball games, why is their name not on any of the title screens? You've got Naxat, RED, Hudson Soft, etc... No Compile.

What's the deal with them? Apparently they like to not credit themselves for any games they develop.

Which leads me to my next question... Since they never put their name on anything, how does anyone actually know they developed these games (Gunhed, the Crush games, etc)? Gut feeling? Voices in your head? A little birdie?

Dark Fact

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 05:24:57 AM »
It's possible that Compile's main group of programmers probably split or got reformed and the group decided to rename themselves to something else.  Besides, if the main Compile group really was responsible for the Crush series, they would've had their mascot Randar/Lander make an appearance somewhere in the games. :wink:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

rolins

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 05:38:06 AM »
If Compile did all the "Crush" pinball games, why is their name not on any of the title screens? You've got Naxat, RED, Hudson Soft, etc... No Compile.

What's the deal with them? Apparently they like to not credit themselves for any games they develop.

Which leads me to my next question... Since they never put their name on anything, how does anyone actually know they developed these games (Gunhed, the Crush games, etc)? Gut feeling? Voices in your head? A little birdie?

I noticed some companies Compile has worked for don't give them the recognition they deserved. Most people didn't even realized Gunhed was programed by them until you saw the credits at the end. Same goes for Ghostbusters on the Genny, watch the credits and you'll see staff members from Compile. As for any of the Crush games (on Snes and PCE), I haven't been able to see the credits yet but on their old site Compile had them listed as games they made. It may not mean they created the entire game, Compile could've been contracted to do a piece of the programing or music. It's hard to tell.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 01:33:29 PM »
Compile did R-Type for the SMS and did not receive title screen credit like they did for Golvelius, also for the SMS.

Black Tiger

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 02:23:21 PM »
What about that other company, that makes games for all the big japanese companies but only ever got credit on that one Star-thing(Starfy?) Gamecube game?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 12:15:58 AM »
You're thinking of Tose. They've developed like...a thousand games, I think. Literally. A great deal of them aren't that great, but honestly they are the most prolific developer...ever, from what I can tell.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 01:48:01 AM »

Google.  :dance:

nat

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »

Don't believe everything you read. Especially on the Internet.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2007, 01:13:48 PM »
I was about to endorse your post, nat.  But then I realized it was on the internet.

esteban

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 05:13:52 PM »
I was about to endorse your post, nat.  But then I realized it was on the internet.
Hhahahahhahahaha. :)
  |    | 

Kitsunexus

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 07:18:29 PM »

Don't believe everything you read. Especially on the Internet.

So you mean those pics of your mom MIGHT HAVE BEEN PHOTOSHOPS!?  :shock:

SignOfZeta

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 05:46:35 AM »
Kitsunexus, truly you are the next Bill Hicks.

Genius.

...genius.

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 06:01:55 AM »

I noticed some companies Compile has worked for don't give them the recognition they deserved. Most people didn't even realized Gunhed was programed by them until you saw the credits at the end. Same goes for Ghostbusters on the Genny, watch the credits and you'll see staff members from Compile. As for any of the Crush games (on Snes and PCE), I haven't been able to see the credits yet but on their old site Compile had them listed as games they made. It may not mean they created the entire game, Compile could've been contracted to do a piece of the programing or music. It's hard to tell.

What? Compile made Ghostbusters for Genesis?!

I need to track the game down!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 10:31:42 AM »
Yes, it's a great game.

Turbo D

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 11:08:28 PM »
Is it any better than the nes ghostbusters?  :-k