Author Topic: Jaki Crush-Naxat Pinball  (Read 982 times)

bust3dstr8

Jaki Crush-Naxat Pinball
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:35:14 AM »
A few months back I was gonna pick this up from 16-bit, it said would only work on SFC. I just own a tabbed SNES 2. Then asked him to try it through a Game Genie, but he didn't have one.

I thought SNES SFC where the same hardware with different cases. So the game should work right?, and maybee he had a bad game.

Does anyone know what the deal is here?
Is it hardware versions or regional?
or just that game?
Clowns Suck

Turbo D

Re: Jaki Crush-Naxat Pinball
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:16:45 AM »
The snes needs to have some chip inside cut to play superfamicom games. What is a "tabbed " snes?

Kitsunexus

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:20:28 AM »
I finally found out the name of this game earlier this year. I LOVE it! ^_^

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 12:13:14 PM »
The only region lock-out in a SNES/SFC is the physical blocking of the cartridge. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 12:48:50 PM »
I play Compile's "Jaki Crush" on my US Super Nintendo.  You need to break off the two plastic tabs inside of the cartridge port.  I don't know of any games that are region-blocked.  Then again, I know nothing about the SNES 2.  I think I got my Jaki Crush from 16-bit as well, unless I didn't.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 12:56:05 PM »
The only region lock-out in a SNES/SFC is the physical blocking of the cartridge. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it.

I guess these people are full of it:

http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/sneslockout.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System#Regional_lockout

http://home.freeuk.net/markk/Consoles/SNES_Lockout.txt

http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/snes/snesfaq.txt > go to Section 3 " Lockout Chips"

You know, come to think of it, I don't think these people are full of it, I just think you need to know what you're talking about before you decide to spread "wisdom".  :roll:

Turbo D

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
lol, burned  :mrgreen:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 01:17:10 PM »
Not really.  Each one of those links state that PAL gamers are the ones who get shafted.  They cannot play US or JAP games on their console due to the chip.  However US gamers CAN play Japanese games if the plastic tabs inside are removed.  Not sure if PAL games would work on a US console, but everyone hates PAL so it shouldn't be an issue.  I don't know if any Japanese games are region-locked by the chip method... I imagine it's possible!  All of the Japanese games I have work just fine on my US SNES.

bust3dstr8

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 01:43:03 PM »
What is the Compile stuff you so speak of?  :-k
Did Naxat only publish Jaki Crush?
Clowns Suck

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »
Quote from: Kitsunexus
You know, come to think of it, I don't think these people are full of it, I just think you need to know what you're talking about before you decide to spread "wisdom".  :roll:

Yeah, I had a feeling as I was typing that someone was going to prove me wrong. Either way, I don't ever remember referring to my posts as "wisdom".

I guess I should never underestimate how bad Nintendo screws European gamers.

Anyway, excepting crippled PAL garbage, there is no JP to US lock-out that I know of, so ignore advice to the contrary.

GUTS

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 02:04:36 PM »
Terranigma is the only reason you should ever have to solder anything in your snes to play an import.  I used to use a Game genie for imports so that I didn't have to break the tabs on my snes, they work great.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 02:44:06 PM »
The problem with the Game Genie is that the cart sticks out so high from the system. Its also quite possible for some idiot to bump your system and snap the edge connector right off of your SFC cart.

Considering there is zero disadvantage with removing the tabs, and it takes all of 12 seconds with the right pair of pliers, I can't see any reason to use the GG route.

Unless you are trying to keep your SNES in mint condition and preserve its value of $20 or so.

The same isn't true of playing US SNES games on a SFC. That pretty much requires an adaptor unless you mangle a huge hole in your SFC.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 02:52:03 PM by SignOfZeta »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 03:27:36 PM »
Quote from: bust3dstr8

Well I could be wrong on Jaki, but I'm pretty sure Compile programmed Alien, Devil and Jaki Crush.  TechnoSoft did the Mega Drive version of Devil.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
Compile developed Jaki Crush too. They rule.

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 03:20:38 PM »
Quote from: bust3dstr8

Well I could be wrong on Jaki, but I'm pretty sure Compile programmed Alien, Devil and Jaki Crush.  TechnoSoft did the Mega Drive version of Devil.

RED's name is on Devil Crush, so I assume they had a hand in designing it, since they mainly developed for/with other companies.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum