Author Topic: My Ultimate TurboGrafx-16 CD package up for Grabs - Now $100 cheaper!  (Read 1852 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: My Ultimate TurboGrafx-16 CD package up for Grabs - Play Dracula X in RGB!
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 06:51:03 PM »
RGB on the Turbo is not worlds better then s-video. I mean if you feel it is,thats fine,your opinion,but that comparison has been done too many times,here and elsewhere already and debunked. The most impact it has is on reds,and even then its not so drastic that its worth fronting the amount for a reliable 21 inch RGB monitor,as larger ones are even harder to obtain. It ends up being far more viable and more enjoyable to use a larger then 21 inch tv with s-video. For that matter around here you will find alot of people just fine with composite,and these are real hard core players that actually own the games. We cant really consider you hard core fan enjoying the world of Turbo and all if all you have is alot of "back-ups". Theres more to it there then just having a RGB mod. You might be hard core about your visuals,but thats entirely different.

Here are some more excellent links covering this subject:

http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/gotRGB/screenshots.html

http://www.sega-16.com/Seeing%20is%20Believing-%20Video%20Connections%202.php

http://superpcenginegrafx.com/wii_video_temp.html

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2547.0

Kitsunexus

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 06:54:35 PM »
And honestly, who cares about having the best visuals from a 20+ year old system anyway? That's like me trying to mod an Atari 2600 for an HD-TV, the better monitors you have,  the more shit it's going to look. It's never going to look as good as when it first came out. I can understand being a graphics whore over Bioshock, but Bonk!? You must be loco.  :dance:

Turbo D

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 07:47:43 PM »

Hey blacktiger, you've been holding out on us? You never told me of this cool page on your site. I can't access it either except from mike's link.

D-Lite

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 10:30:27 PM »

Hey blacktiger, you've been holding out on us? You never told me of this cool page on your site. I can't access it either except from mike's link.

Look at those sexy S-Video shots on that Turbo  8)
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

SignOfZeta

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 12:01:39 AM »
And honestly, who cares about having the best visuals from a 20+ year old system anyway? That's like me trying to mod an Atari 2600 for an HD-TV, the better monitors you have,  the more shit it's going to look. It's never going to look as good as when it first came out. I can understand being a graphics whore over Bioshock, but Bonk!? You must be loco.  :dance:

You are so wrong.

ceti alpha

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007, 12:16:52 AM »
Wow! Those screen shots are amazing!  :clap: Nice work B_T.

I'm still not sure about a region mod for my North American Duo, but an S-Video mod is a definite must.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

dojosky

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007, 01:42:55 AM »
Hi there ya' all

First of all let me explain that Anthony1 is a LEGIT seller and buyer.

the idea of $400ish price was my suggestion because he tried to sell a RGB modded 3DO over at DP and Neo-geo.com for $350 shipped I LAUGHED AT THE PRICE myself !

But that RGB Modded 3DO system sold by Anthony1 it sold very quickly and I gasped and kicked myself for not buying it from him even though I have RGB monitors oh well ...

so he aimed me and told me that he was gonna put up his most prized video game item I asked him what it was and he told me about his super souped Turbografx-16/CD set up (RGB modded and Region modded). I said wow asked him how much and he paid close to $400 for all of this himself. I told him from what I thought/knew that no one was doing RGB mods anymore but i was DEAD wrong after reading this thread seems like someone do the RGB mods. I know our reliable trustworthy D-LITE do the S-Video and Region Mods all the time !!! Ive seen systems modded by him he does EXCELLENT WORK !!! But I didn't know that he also can do RGB mods but there's a pinout and explaining page at www.gamesx.com not everyone has MAD SOLDERING SKILLS to do that.

so I apologize for telling him to try it for $400 shipped more relaistic would be $300 for that set up ... but he can always ebay it with RESERVE and see how much it goes for !

so that was my FAULT and mistake for telling him to start at $400ish shipped . but from many point of views here that $300 is probably reason but remember the RGB Modded 3DO he sold for $350 I laughed at him for asking $350 for it since i knew there were many people that hated the 3DO  theres few people who love 3DO ... I collect for every systems. BUT IT SOLD SO FAST ! ... so thought maybe people would want to buy the RGB modded turbografx-16/CD. Some people doesn't have a SONY PVM monitors or Commdore RGB monitors that's true. But they can be found almost anywhere ! ....

Kitsunexus

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2007, 01:48:47 AM »
OMG... First VSE, now here, n00b influx! It might be time for me to blow this pop stand (and I know most would prefer sooner than later ;) ).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2007, 02:23:00 AM »
Probably reason Kits,probably reason.....

kenomac78

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2007, 04:26:42 AM »
and here i used to wish my turbo duo had and RF port because it wasnt until 2006 that i even owned a TV that had the red-white-yellow inputs.

it used to confuse me why consoles in the 90s and later even included these because back then i had no idea what they were for!

maybe someone can mod  system for hdmi next

Turbo D

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 07:35:23 AM »
I want to mod my ps3 for rf  :wink:

rag-time4

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2007, 09:22:27 AM »
I want to mod my ps3 for rf  :wink:

I have my ps2 connected to my tv via RF.... :dance:

Anthony1

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2007, 10:13:56 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to blame all of this on my friend Don (dojosky), lol. Nah, it's not Don's fault at all. We did talk on Aim, and I was telling him that I was going to put my Turbo package up on the block, and he asked me how much I was going to sell it for. My initial thought, was $300 plus exact shipping. Don, felt that I should shoot for the stars, and go for $400 or even $450, and I kinda thought he was joking around, but he was actually serious. (part of the reason he suggested that I'm sure had to do with the rare RGB modded 3DO I had recently sold) He explained that as far as he knew, nobody was doing these kinds of RGB mods anymore, and that if anybody wanted anything like this now, they would either have to mod it themselves (which for most is pretty difficult), or they would have to go on a crusade to find somebody that could do it. After hearing all of that, and then sitting down and figuring out how much I originally spent on it, I figured, "Ok, might as well shoot for $400 and see what happens". Also, I originally only planned on posting it on the Digital Press buying and selling forums, and maybe the neo-geo.com forums, but Don recommended that I put it on pcenginefx and shmups.com. So all I did was register, and then copy and paste my DP post to those two sites. That obviously turned out to be a mistake, because the experts at those two sites, looked at it, and thought I was some condescending asshat, trying to way overcharge for something, and coming in with only 1 post. Definitely my bad.

None of this is Don's fault, he was just trying to help me out, but it might put this in a bit of perspective. It's all gravy, people make mistakes all the time. My bad, and I hope I didn't offend anybody here with this. I shouldn't have copied and pasted that post. People on the DP website know me well, and they understand my style of posting, and most likely weren't offended in any way by my post, but nobody here or at shmup or even neo-geo.com knows me from Adam. I basically just copied and pasted my original post, and that was the big mistake.

- Anthony
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:42:20 AM by Anthony1 »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2007, 12:46:23 PM »
Actually the bigger mistake was not doing enough research of the communities or the current mod situation. If you would have tried to get to know all of us here prior to this thread you would have thus known better and would have saved  your time and effort,and got a better run down of the current market value which would help lead to a successful sale. Either way good luck.

Black Tiger

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 01:14:08 PM »

I've got a ton of new stuff that I'm on the verge of releasing. Probably more content than is currently up on the site. Since its going to be kind of a relaunch with a couple entirely new sections, I'm waiting until a certain amount is ready to unleash it all at once. :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum