Author Topic: Region Mod PCBs available and Online Guide completed!  (Read 665 times)

grahf

Re: Region Mod PCBs available and Online Guide completed!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 11:15:14 PM »
'bout time you updated your site! Nice job on the guide.

D-Lite

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 05:47:53 AM »
Haha, yeah, it's been a while.  One thing I really really want to update/create is a funky PCE hardware page.  I have a ton of those oddball items to take pics of and describe at least in brief.  Virtual Cushion, Shuttle CD adapter, prototype HuCard Slot to computer cable, two different kinds of PCE arcade setups, etc.  Some day.

I'm wondering if I should start a new thread for the guide since it seems no one noticed yet.... :-"
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 06:35:09 AM »
Give it time,people will notice. DEF GREAT JOB ! The pics will be a great help to alot that need a visual guide over a line drawing.

ceti alpha

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 06:51:16 AM »
Awesome job!! The guides are better than those Time Life carpentry books.   :clap: hehe

I have a friend here in town who is pretty good with electronics. He said he could probably do the S-Vid and region mod if he had a guide. What do I need to get from you before he begins?

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

D-Lite

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 08:32:31 AM »
Awesome job!! The guides are better than those Time Life carpentry books.   :clap: hehe

I have a friend here in town who is pretty good with electronics. He said he could probably do the S-Vid and region mod if he had a guide. What do I need to get from you before he begins?

For the region mod or S-Video? 

The S-Video mod is much easier than the region one if you have the encoder built already.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 09:03:35 AM »
That reminds me,who is selling the s-video encoder now? You or Grahf?

ceti alpha

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 09:05:44 AM »
For the region mod or S-Video?

Both  :)

Do I get the encoder off you?

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

D-Lite

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 09:53:32 AM »
At the moment, I don't have a "professional" stamped PCB for the S-Video mod, I make them by hand.  Take me about 50 minutes each to make and I have 5-6 right now.  Works exactly the same as the PCB that grahf had and I'm looking to design and stamp a PCB for that in the future.  But that's not a top priority because of the cost involved.  To get the region mod PCBs done on a scale that made sense, I had to put down a ton of $$ upfront.  I have more than enough boards for modding myself and anyone and everyone that would want one.  I assume the supply will last 2-4 years, but that's a lot of idle cash.

Keranu

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 10:18:42 AM »
Haha, yeah, it's been a while.  One thing I really really want to update/create is a funky PCE hardware page.  I have a ton of those oddball items to take pics of and describe at least in brief.  Virtual Cushion, Shuttle CD adapter, prototype HuCard Slot to computer cable, two different kinds of PCE arcade setups, etc.  Some day.

I'm wondering if I should start a new thread for the guide since it seems no one noticed yet.... :-"
I'd love to see that!

Virtual Cushion!!!  :mrgreen:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

D-Lite

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 10:31:24 AM »

I'd love to see that!

Virtual Cushion!!!  :mrgreen:
Maybe it's just me but everytime I see Virtual Cushion I imagine a beanbag chair that makes accompanying sounds whilst playing Toilet Kids. :oops:

nat

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »
I have a Virtual Cushion available I'm thinking about buying. Is it worth it? Does it have good bass response?