Author Topic: Huge TZD Sale!  (Read 1185 times)

nat

Re: Huge TZD Sale!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 10:59:49 AM »
I bought Meteor Blaster DX and got World Sports for free. World Sports probably sucks, but since it's free I guess that's OK. It's one of the few US titles I don't have. At this point I now have just about everything TZD has left.

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 11:18:19 AM »
World Sports is cool if you're into olympic video games like me  8) . I also love how you can choose to wear a hot pink suit in World Sports.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 12:18:37 PM »
I kind of enjoyed California Games on the Genesis to some weird extent. If it's anything like that I might dig it.

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 01:13:20 PM »
Nah it's not really like California Games, it's more like the Track and Field games. I always enjoy playing the shooting events in those kind of games :) .

California Games has AWESOME music though (at least the Genesis one, despite the crunchiness at times)! The surfing level music was by far the best.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

MrFulci

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 06:22:37 PM »
I ordered 1 Turbo grafx controller, and 3 of the "Duo Grafx" controllers.

Can never have enough controllers......

The other item of interest is the TV Tuner, though it's more for completion than actual use. Due to that, I can pass on it's $80 price.

I would be interested in some manuals, for my few worn copies, though many times I've asked for certain manuals and they are out of stock.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

nat

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 09:33:52 AM »
Yeah, it seems all the manuals they have left are for super lame games.

And speaking of the TV Tuner.... I have been thinking about getting one, but I have a GT not a TE. Does anyone know if the American tuner will work on a GT?

Turbo D

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 12:03:20 PM »
It probably will. I wouldn't recomend getting the Japanese tuner anyways because it would display odd channels with nothing on them, haha.

Keranu

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »
I really want to get Turbo Vision (god what a rad name) as well, but I'm just not willing to pay the price yet for something that's not of much use. However I do need to get one before terrestrial television is gone.

Turbo D

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 12:41:19 PM »
ya, it sure would be bad-ass to have a portable t.v.  :)

Keranu

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 01:38:11 PM »
My brother spent a whole summer saving up money for a TV tuner for his Game Gear one year and it was a pretty cool device, despite the fact that we rarely used it :P .

vestcoat

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 12:50:27 PM »
I'd recommend World Sports.  They're plenty of activities to hold your interest even if you don't like sports games (like me).  Beating the records and best times is fun and it's nice that you can save your game and results.

Anyway, got my stuff today.  The controller repair cables kick ass!  I just fixed two busted controllers for $10.

nat

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 01:41:18 PM »
Got my stuff today too. Haven't had a chance to try World Sports yet. I wish TZD sold Duo/PCE pad repair cables instead of TG repair cables. The small Duo cables are much more useful to have around.

ceti alpha

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 02:22:50 PM »
I wish they had the Duo Pad adapters. I have 2 TG controllers and a TurboTap from back in the day that are no good to me. And I can't find any on eBay.

But I'm definitely getting a couple of the extension cables. Those controller wires are too damned short!!!

Well...so much for that idea. TZD charges $31 for international shipping!!! eek!! I'm not paying 60 bucks for 2 wires and a duo tap. Sucks  :cry:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

vestcoat

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 04:28:45 PM »
Got my stuff today too. Haven't had a chance to try World Sports yet. I wish TZD sold Duo/PCE pad repair cables instead of TG repair cables. The small Duo cables are much more useful to have around.

I think the Duo/PCE cables last longer as long as you don't bend the pins.  In ten years of using Duo controllers I've never had one go bad (other than a used one that was already screwed up when I received it).  On the other hand, I've had two TurboPads break in the two years since I repurchased a TG.  I think pulling those bigger pins in and out damages something inside the cable even through the pins look fine and don't bend.  A Turbo Tap has also died on me already and I've heard other complaints about Turbo Taps.

I wish they had the Duo Pad adapters. I have 2 TG controllers and a TurboTap from back in the day that are no good to me. And I can't find any on eBay.
Keep your eyes open, someone sells an adapter every couple months or so.  IIRC you can buy a Duo Tap and just swap the cable with the one inside your TurboTap, using your TurboTap as a converter.

nat

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »

I think the Duo/PCE cables last longer as long as you don't bend the pins.  In ten years of using Duo controllers I've never had one go bad (other than a used one that was already screwed up when I received it).  On the other hand, I've had two TurboPads break in the two years since I repurchased a TG.  I think pulling those bigger pins in and out damages something inside the cable even through the pins look fine and don't bend.  A Turbo Tap has also died on me already and I've heard other complaints about Turbo Taps.

Actually, it's not because I'm afraid of my Duo/PCE pads failing, it's because I want to convert some of my TurboPads to DuoPads. :)