Author Topic: Legendary Axe  (Read 1245 times)

MurderDate

Re: Legendary Axe
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 03:42:41 AM »
I think the thing to do is get yourself ready for the real deal (part one)  by going to town on the sequal (which looks awesome and is a lot of fun to play).
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

rag-time4

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 05:52:26 AM »
I think the thing to do is get yourself ready for the real deal (part one)  by going to town on the sequal (which looks awesome and is a lot of fun to play).

I suggest starting out with the original, then playing the sequel only when you've earned it!  8)

Turbo D

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 12:14:12 PM »
These two games are so different, it doesn't matter what order you play them in. There is no story line or anything that links them.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 12:34:12 PM »
I got both of them at the same time in 1994, back when 16-bit was king.  And I enjoyed the second one more.  I think it has superior grafx and music.  Allthough I love both- I would give the nod to LA2.

Its really sad that Legendary Axe III never saw the light of day.....................

That would have been a hella sweet SCD!

esteban

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »
I can't vote.

As folks have already stated (nat?), voting for one is an injustice to the other. I like both games. I don't care what nod says, LAI is a great game.  Feels great to beat it.
  |    | 

Turbo D

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 11:19:53 PM »
Its really sad that Legendary Axe III never saw the light of day.....................

Oh man, that would be freakin' awesome  =P~

nodtveidt

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 11:39:27 AM »
Don't count it out just yet... :-"

sideshow

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »
I loved both games but I voted for the first game.  I remember playing LE and thinking it was just ok, that was until I got to the 3rd zone the game opened up and got much better. 

spenoza

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 11:29:54 AM »
Has anyone noticed how HARD it is to program a good sword-swinging side-scroller? Even masterful Taito screwed it up with Rastan Saga 2 (I hate that game). The games we know as Legendary Axe controlled well and were fun. So many others were not.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

rag-time4

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 07:15:59 AM »
I got both of them at the same time in 1994, back when 16-bit was king.  And I enjoyed the second one more.  I think it has superior grafx and music.  Allthough I love both- I would give the nod to LA2.

Ever play shapeshifter?

nodtveidt

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 08:50:08 AM »
Ever play shapeshifter?
Please don't soil Legendary Axe's good name by comparing it to that...erm...thing. [-(

I'd rather play the first Legendary Axe, even with all its flaws, than ever touch Shape Shifter again.

runinruder

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 01:32:15 PM »
Ever play shapeshifter?

That's the game I always mention when people discuss what might have been with a CD Axe.   :D
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

rag-time4

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 01:41:35 PM »
Ever play shapeshifter?
Please don't soil Legendary Axe's good name by comparing it to that...erm...thing. [-(

I'd rather play the first Legendary Axe, even with all its flaws, than ever touch Shape Shifter again.

I just got Shapeshifter as part of my TZD order, and I think it's pretty awesome! Yes, the Rastan 1-like bats and flying critters are annoying, but it's a sweet game in my opinion.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 02:13:06 PM »
I also like Shape Shifter, but it doesn't really fit in with the LA series.

I always put Shape Shifter in the same group with Shadow of the Beast.

Which I love too!

nat

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 02:23:40 PM »
Ever play shapeshifter?

I just got Shapeshifter as part of my TZD order, and I think it's pretty awesome! Yes, the Rastan 1-like bats and flying critters are annoying, but it's a sweet game in my opinion.

Wait until you really start to get into it. I love it.