Author Topic: Why a thousand dollars?  (Read 611 times)

kid_rondeau

Why a thousand dollars?
« on: September 23, 2007, 09:11:56 AM »

Keranu

Re: Why a thousand dollars?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »
ceti_alpha posted this in another thread and I have no idea why anyone would think they could sell that for $1,000 bucks.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 09:32:17 AM »
This thing has been for sale for months. Maybe even a year.

Some of the veteran members here might remember a thread about this from a long time ago. At the time I think we decided it must have been a typo. Seeing as how it's still up for sale, and still $1,000, I've changed my mind. This is definitely a case of your everyday scumbag seller.

vestcoat

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 02:17:50 PM »

nat

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 02:20:51 PM »
Hahahahaha, that's got to be a typo.

If you scroll down, you can see the game hasn't even been tested or verified to work! Priceless.

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 03:18:22 PM »
wtf? lmao rofl that dude has got to be out of his mind  :lol:

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 03:36:10 PM »
That's nothing, check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-Grafx-BOXYBOY-TurboGrafx-16-Complete-BOXY-BOY_W0QQitemZ250165247032QQihZ015QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Step aside, Magical Chase, there's a new holy grail!

Holy crap! It's not even brand new, let alone come with the cardboard case! Usually people only charge ridiculous amounts of money for games like this if they are sealed. At least the shipping is reasonable. :)

I agree with nat and think it's a typo, probably meant to be $7.99.

Quote from: turbo D
Insert Quote

Actually I think it's a dudette judging by her username "patricia". That would explain some things  :mrgreen: .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 07:09:23 PM »
Quote from: turbo D
Insert Quote
Actually I think it's a dudette judging by her username "patricia". That would explain some things  :mrgreen: .
lol, i hadn't even noticed

Kitsunexus

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 07:29:45 PM »
I don't even think my amazing advertisment skills can save this one.  :P

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 03:22:23 AM »
This sweet ass Duo-R is 96% new, so it's well worth the asking price.  I mean, hey, it's only 4% away from being brand spanking new.  What more can one ask for, other than an honest price?  This fine seller also has a 'free' game available.  Ahhh, ya gotta love those crazy HK sellers.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 05:35:10 AM »
When free is equivalent to $3.99 to you, it's no surprise a Duo suddenly is worth $1,000.

ceti alpha

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 06:15:52 AM »
This sweet ass Duo-R is 96% new, so it's well worth the asking price.  I mean, hey, it's only 4% away from being brand spanking new.

I guess....It just seems steep, but I guess if you reeeeally need to have your Duo-R to be close to new then I guess go for it. It just seems like a big leap from $150 to $250 to $1000.  :-k

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 06:30:21 AM »
This sweet ass Duo-R is 96% new, so it's well worth the asking price.  I mean, hey, it's only 4% away from being brand spanking new.

I guess....It just seems steep, but I guess if you reeeeally need to have your Duo-R to be close to new then I guess go for it. It just seems like a big leap from $150 to $250 to $1000.  :-k

If the currency was Hong Kong dollars instead of US Dollars it would be a lot more reasonable... :shock:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 06:52:40 AM »

I guess.... it's called sarcasm.  Did you not read the sentence immediately following the two sentences quoted?  ](*,)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 08:20:56 AM »
I guess.... it's called sarcasm.  Did you not read the sentence immediately following the two sentences quoted?  Brick wall

Hahaha!!! It's funny. I love sarcasm. I actually have to reign my sarcasm in a lot of the time, but sometimes on message boards like these I fail to grasp even the most obvious sarcasm of others.  #-o hehe. Sorry Necromancer.  :) I guess that's why emoticons are so useful.  :wink:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"