Author Topic: J.B. Harold Murder Club  (Read 234 times)

Joe Redifer

J.B. Harold Murder Club
« on: October 01, 2007, 04:26:01 PM »
I like it.  You should, too.

My Super-Awesome review!

runinruder

Re: J.B. Harold Murder Club
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 04:31:17 PM »
I knew the review would feature the parking lot guy!   :D

Nice review for a great game.  That "Investigation Rest" music really is sweet.   
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

rag-time4

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:04:18 PM »
That was a very fun review!!

:clap:

You're a good writer!!

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »
Nice review for a special game! I absolutely love J.B. Harold Murder club, it just has a really nice atmosphere that's great to play during the fall time. Too bad the chip tunes weren't as good as the CD tracks, except the interrogation track was pretty sweet and eerie, because all of the CD tracks were really, really good (my favorite was the ending song). The murder case really blew me away the first time I played it too. There are a couple of events that take a long time to figure out how to trigger, but it all pays off :) .

And yeah, gotta love that parking lot dude! I hope he teams up with J.B. in the other games so they can kick some detective ass together!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 11:00:46 PM »
Great review  :wink:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 03:27:35 AM »
Nice review Joe.  You've made me want to pull J.B. out and try to finish it, and another game joins the ever growing stack of games to play.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 12:00:44 PM »
Nice review Joe.  You've made me want to pull J.B. out and try to finish it, and another game joins the ever growing stack of games to play.
Definitely play through all of it! The story is really well done!
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 12:44:08 PM »
Thanks, guys.  Yeah, I do like the interrogation theme music (which is chip music).  Gale Lyman (the parking lot guy) needs to make appearances in other games.  I simply do not understand why he's not a boss is Ghouls 'n Ghosts, for instance.

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 01:07:47 PM »
New goal: Locate the actor who played Gale Lyman. This is of course after we find the man on the TG16 box.