Author Topic: Why play Fighting Street when you can play Gate of Thunder?  (Read 528 times)

ccovell

Re: Why play Fighting Street when you can play Gate of Thunder?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 01:43:40 AM »
Super Air Zonk is a sequel.  Just like Bonk 2 is a sequel to Bonk.  SAZ and AZ might even share less code than Bonk 1 & 2 did with each other, since SAZ was developed by the folks in Hudson (rather than taking the Coryoon engine like AZ did.)

I think SAZ is a great game.  Wacky, challenging when it needs to be, and lush in the colour department.  Some parallax would have been nice, however.

awack

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 02:09:43 AM »
I think i might be the only person who likes super air zonk better than air zonk, i think it looks better in art, color and detail, air zonk has parallax...but there is an area towards the end of super az that has parallax scrolling.

It also has better sound effects, i don't think the music is quite as good tho, i think the enemies are more imaginative, one such enemy actually uses a soda can as a projectile that he shakes before letting it fly.

Turbo D

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 02:33:06 AM »
I love AirZonk and SuperAirZonk  8). Anyone who dislikes them sucks  :wink: and as Awack posted; there is some parallax in one of the last levels of SuperAirZonk  :)