Author Topic: River City Ransom TG-16 CD!  (Read 1147 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: River City Ransom TG-16 CD!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 01:01:40 PM »
The Turbo game, is a much better game......probably the best DD2 there is.  I was just playing the arcade one last night, & there's an enormous amount of slowdown in that game in certain parts, & I just don't get as thrilled with the arcade version in general.  And from what I recall, the MD version does indeed suck.

Keranu

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »
Thanks for posting arcade screens, BT - you the man! I gotta say, I think the PCE graphics blow the arcade original's away!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 04:17:07 PM »
Thanks for posting arcade screens, BT - you the man! I gotta say, I think the PCE graphics blow the arcade original's away!

Definitely. No contest. The arcade never had a chance.

Bonknuts

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2007, 03:08:29 AM »
 If I remember correctly, Gamefan gave the game a mediocre score/review/impression. I never bought it because of this back in the day. I didn't find out how decent the  really was until later :/

*shakes his fist angrily in the air at Gamefan!* - You summinabitsches!

termis

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2007, 01:54:18 PM »
 [-(

The arcade DD2 is one of the best beat 'em ups of the era (and ever!) IMO.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 02:08:33 AM »
The Mega Drive port of DD2 really was not all that bad. I had it,and played the crap out of it for the longest time.

GUTS

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2007, 07:16:40 AM »
I agree, I'd heard nothing but "it's horrible!" for years, but when I finally played it I thought it was ok.  I don't see what makes it sooooo bad.

Kind of like Golden Axe III; I had a blast with it and loved it, even beat it multiple times, but all you ever hear about it is that it sucks.

Keranu

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »
I haven't really read reviews for Golden Axe III, but I can't see how it's a bad game at all. It's really cool and is similar to the original.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 05:23:47 PM »
It is really cool, I don't know what the f*ck people are talking about when they bash it.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »
Yea Golden Axe 3 was pretty nice,I have no complaints about it at all.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2007, 07:00:52 PM »
The only things bad I'd really say about Golden Axe 3 are that the graphics are a tad "chinsey" (sorry, but that's the best word to describe them) and the dwarf is not present as a payable character (he died in the arcade Golden Axe 2).  Other than that it is a good game and I own it.  Errr... I mean I PWN it.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »
Yeah, I like Golden Axe 3. I remember hearing crap about it, but, I like it.  As for DD2 for MD, maybe I'll fire that up again to check it out.

nodtveidt

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2007, 07:48:06 PM »
I think GA3 gets a lot of heat because it feels like it was rushed. It looks and feels very unpolished, especially compared to the first.

rag-time4

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2007, 08:41:34 PM »
I think the Arcade's graphics are superior, because the playable character actually looks like he did in the original. In the Turbo version, he somehow became a redhead with wristbands.

I loved the first Arcade game as a kid. In fact, it was the first Arcade game I got good at and was really the game that got me into gaming as a hobby in the first place.