Author Topic: Creepy Old Lady Selling Bonks Adventure  (Read 4265 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: Creepy Old Lady Selling Bonks Adventure
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2008, 06:31:22 PM »
I turned 30 last Oct. Not much changes,except maybe you feel more aches and pains,and grumpier,and more picky in your buying habits.You also gain the knowledge of a 30 year old,unless you have downs syndrome or some other equally impairing brain problem...

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2008, 06:32:20 PM »
once you turn 21 your life becomes 100 times better!

Yes, because alchohol is the cause of, & solution to all of life's problems!  

Seriously though, I think Keranu doesn't drink, I could be wrong.  Personally, I drink in moderation.  Not 100% sure I've been drunk.  I've drunk alot, & then felt like crap, that's about it.

Keranu, you don't want to be 40.  Our bodies, start going downhill around 30, & I agree with that, it's true. :P

Joe Redifer

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2008, 06:38:11 PM »
They only go downhill if you let 'em.

Keranu

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »

Seriously though, I think Keranu doesn't drink, I could be wrong.  Personally, I drink in moderation.  Not 100% sure I've been drunk.  I've drunk alot, & then felt like crap, that's about it.
I don't drink anymore. I did it when I was a stupid teenager for a year and then stopped for myself (long run of alcoholics in the family), my new faith, and most especially, my mom, who's had to suffer so much from helping alcoholics.

Quote from: Paranoia Dragon
Keranu, you don't want to be 40.  Our bodies, start going downhill around 30, & I agree with that, it's true. :P
Going downhills is so much more fun than uphills!  :mrgreen:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Kitsunexus

« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2008, 07:31:38 PM »
Actually I think most of us here are late 20's early 30's.  We only have a few members younger than that I think, like Keranu who will forever remain 19.  :)
Dude I first started posting here when I was like 14 or 15 under the name Luta Gemma! Good times! By the way, I turned 20 last month - THANK GOD I'M NO LONGER A TEENAGER! Though the 20's are going to suck too, can't wait until I'm 40.

I turn 21 this year/  :dance:

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2008, 11:37:27 PM »
I've always been amazed(if that's the correct word) on how most humans make a big deal about drinking.  I don't recall caring about being 21.  I drink to relax sometimes, but, I usually don't care to drink, like when I go out to dinner, even then, I rarely drink.  It seems like the only real time I do, is when I'm up in the mountains, fishing, & freezing me bum off, that I'll have some hard stuff, to make me feel like I'm getting warmer, rather then colder.

Anways, not trying to be critical, just, stating my thoughts.

guyjin

« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2008, 12:28:15 AM »
I don't drink anymore. I did it when I was a stupid teenager for a year and then stopped for myself (long run of alcoholics in the family), my new faith, and most especially, my mom, who's had to suffer so much from helping alcoholics.

You don't need religion to tell you not to drink, just common sense.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

nodtveidt

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2008, 12:32:18 AM »
A short, violent trip through a windshield was enough to convince me never to drink.

nat

« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2008, 02:14:16 AM »
once you turn 21 Once you imbibe alcohol your life becomes 100 times better!

ceti alpha

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2008, 04:35:46 AM »
I drink to forget I'm a Turbo addict. And now that my Turbo Duo is getting modded and no longer in my house watch out!!

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Kitsunexus

« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2008, 06:44:46 AM »
I don't recall caring about being 21.

I don't drink, I don't plan on having sex soon, so pretty much I don't think I'll care about being 21 either.

Turbo D

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2008, 06:59:42 AM »
Having a few drinks makes getting laid a whole lot easier. Not that either of those are that important, haha. I'd say live your life how you want. Being 21 is great for the fact that you become free of restrictions. Trust me dude, whether you drink or not, its a great feeling.

Odonadon

« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2008, 07:36:21 AM »
Drop a beer or two on an empty stomach for some great Gate of Thunder action :) .  That, and those fancy "medically rolled game enhancing cigarettes" - I forget who's sig that was in, I was trying to quote them. :)

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

MurderDate

« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2008, 09:36:37 AM »
I just did somethin' like that except used cafffeeine (coffee) instead of the alchohol.  played Gate of Thunder for the very  first time and nearly had a heart attack when the game speeds up at the end of level one !!  AWESOME !!!!!!!!     :mrgreen:

Sinisi you gotta get a big TV !
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Keranu

« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2008, 09:38:46 AM »

You don't need religion to tell you not to drink, just common sense.
I listed numerous reasons besides religion and whether you like it or not, guyjin, religion DID do a big part in helping me stop. Enough religion bashing already.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).