Author Topic: A Few .hes Questions  (Read 430 times)

Cleria

A Few .hes Questions
« on: October 08, 2007, 05:13:23 PM »
Hi everyone!

So I've finally found a Turbo forum. :D These are the two systems I grew up with, the Turbografx-16 and the Turbo Duo. The first game I owned (and still own) is Bomberman when I was four. I believe the first game I beat was either Bomberman, Ys Book I and II or one of the Neutopias (I own both...unless there's a third one that I don't know about). If there's a collections list somewhere I'll throw mine up there...if not, it can be made. :)

So tonight I was searching around the internet for Turbografx / Duo game audio files to throw on my iPod. I remembered I long time ago I used to have the Ys files, but I lost them. But I found them again, but I remembered that the CDs are in different formats so I can't just rip them like regular CDs and so on.

Now the problem is, how can I get .hes files into .mp3s or any format that would work to get onto iTunes?

I'd love to get all the stuff from Gate of Thunder, all the Ys games, Neo Nectaris, and many others onto my iPod, or even just to be able to listen to the tracks on a regular common media player.

I apologize if this has been brought up before. If there is an area to discuss this, I'd appreciate it if you could link me there.

Thanks. :)

Turbo D

Re: A Few .hes Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 05:16:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :)  Some dudes should know about that question  :wink: Also, the third neutopia is in the making  8)

nat

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 05:17:51 PM »
If you're looking for TurboGrafx audio, you can't miss out on Dungeon Explorer.

Tatsujin

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »
Now the problem is, how can I get .hes files into .mp3s or any format that would work to get onto iTunes?

download the hes plug-in for winamp at www.zophar.com. after that you're able to record it via winamp to mp3 :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 06:03:25 PM »
Welcome aboard, har haaar haaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!

Check out Paranoia Dragon's soundtrack thread if you wish to download soundtracks straight to mp3. If he doesn't have a game you are looking for, just request it and I'm sure he'll have it :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 06:43:46 PM »
Greetings and salutations!  Follow the pirate's advice - Paranoia Dragon has uploaded enough tunes to keep your iPod filled for weeks.  Unfortunately, some of the links have expired, but P.D. might re-upload if you ask nice.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ccovell

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
Welcome.  Oh, and for most of the games you mentioned (Gate of Thunder, Ys, Neo Nectaris), you will not be needing any HES files; just the game CD and the redbook audio tracks on it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 06:59:46 PM by ccovell »

ceti alpha

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 05:50:39 AM »
Welcome Cleria.  :) You're definitely in good company here on this board.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Cleria

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »
Thank you for the welcoming everyone. A few responses now:

turbo D: Neutopia 3? For what console?

nat: Aight I'll check it out. I have the Hudson's CD Game Music Colloection '93, and there's a couple of tracks from Dungeon Explorer II. I have Dungeon Explorer I.

ccovell: I don't really follow - CD and redbook? I've tried putting the CD in my computer and the only file that pops up is the warning file.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 03:16:06 PM »
You must be using WinXP, or 2000 since they are the only OS (that I know of) that can't see PC Engine CDs. I suppose this may be also the case with Vista, but I don't know anyone that hates themselves enough to use Vista.

I really don't get why this is the case, or why this just suddenly happened one day since PCE CDs play fine in any CD player, and were fully playable in every previous MS OS.

You can play them in any game machine, WinME and earlier, any audio CD player, and any Mac.

Turbo Rip should help you extract the audio from PC CDs on XP/2000.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 03:37:44 PM »
You can download my soundtracks that I have(most of which are fully labled & in order).  Or for a game you own, get Exact Audio Copy.  It will deffinitly recognize the tracks on the cd, & will rip them, even if they have scratches on them.  Most of my links are down, I'm not sure why, but, either way, I'll reupload anything you ask for on the list, & most likely, I have whatever you're looking for that's not on the list, so, either way, just ask me.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »
Neutopia 3 is going to be for the Turbo Grafx CD using the Super System card.  However, it's far from done, so, it'll be awhile.

Cleria

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 04:16:15 PM »
Paranoia Dragon, I apologize to say this, but I clicked on quite a few of your links and many did not work. Some examples:

Beyond Shadowgate/Shadowgate 2 (Turbo Grafx CD)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RG9SJYAU

Bomberman (Turbo Grafx)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LNQZ8IZX

Bomberman 93' (Turbo Grafx)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FF5KUL29

Bomberman 94'/Mega Bomberman (Turbo Grafx)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F52IZ0VG

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 07:15:45 PM »
Yeah, I've been having problems with Megaupload, I might try a new site to host my soundtracks.  I'll go ahead & reupload those you listed.  I don't know how long my new uploads will last, they're supposed to last for 3 months, but lately haven't.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 07:17:34 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

Cleria

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 08:35:41 AM »
Yeah check out that other thread. The other thread had the ones I really wanted...and I didn't really get what you meant on your descriptions and stuff so I just kept reading. Like you said "Have", so I'm thinking you have the soundtrack?