Author Topic: Opinion - what's this worth?  (Read 380 times)

Toadboy

Opinion - what's this worth?
« on: October 09, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »
Have had this for a while, and recently dug it back out for somebody interested in purchasing it.  Curious what the masses think this is worth (not that I'm basing my pricing on it - just curious) before I pack it back up.

Camp California prototype on EPROM-based HuCard.  Yes, they considered making this a Hucard based game before it was released on CD.  Pictures of the card and shots I captured from the game below:

Black Tiger

Re: Opinion - what's this worth?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 01:39:59 PM »
I've seen prototype HuCards go for $70 -$140 on eBay before. The value of this one should be based more on the fact that it contains a unique version of CC.

If you do end up selling it, I hope it gets into the hands of someone who can extract the rom from it and that they share it with the public.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Toadboy

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 03:51:37 PM »
Oh, I've got the ROM's extracted - I've got several other pre-release versions of various HuCard games (also dumped from EPROMS) - this is the only one that was unreleased (as a HuCard at least).

Problem is, I was never able to get the extracted ROM's (for CC) to work in any emulator, regardless of how I combined them.  I'm sure somebody could get them working, but I had no luck.

I've not distributed any of what I got because it was packed away, and also (for CC), it would obviously impact the value of the proto board...

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 04:39:47 PM »
Oh, I've got the ROM's extracted - I've got several other pre-release versions of various HuCard games (also dumped from EPROMS) - this is the only one that was unreleased (as a HuCard at least).

Problem is, I was never able to get the extracted ROM's (for CC) to work in any emulator, regardless of how I combined them.  I'm sure somebody could get them working, but I had no luck.

I've not distributed any of what I got because it was packed away, and also (for CC), it would obviously impact the value of the proto board...

Well, if you do sell it, it'd be cool if you made the rom available afterwards. Flash cards are now readily available and it'd be nice to at least get some videos of the game in circulation for Turbo fans without flash cards.

Turbo D

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:29:18 PM »
I'd say that its priceless. If I had to put a dollar amount I'd say around $200

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 07:11:03 PM »
That is so jawesome!

I've never seen one of these for sale before, so I have no clue what it's worth. However I am extremely glad you posted pics as I've never seen pics for this before and those pics look really interesting! I love the title screen especially  :mrgreen: . Thanks for posting!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 02:48:28 AM »
I love the title screen especially

I know most of you have seen the Simpson's episode where Homer is part of that advertising/marketing team creating the new character on Itchy and Scratchy. Camp California's character totally reminds me of Homer's cartooncreation "Poochie". lol. In fact, so does Johnny Turbo. Which makes me wonder....was Homer part of TTI's executive team?  :-k

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

royalenfield

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 05:00:38 AM »
Quite an interesting found to my opinion, I just love prototypes!

Should you decide to sell it, don't hesitate to contact me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 05:15:25 AM »
It's worth $1 plus shipping.  Do you accept paypal?  :lol:

Seriously, I'd say that it's worth $100-$150.  Another member, Sprout, had a prototype copy of Camp California a while back.  By chance, did you purchase Sprout's copy?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 07:58:23 AM »
It's worth $1 plus shipping.  Do you accept paypal?  :lol:

Seriously, I'd say that it's worth $100-$150.  Another member, Sprout, had a prototype copy of Camp California a while back.  By chance, did you purchase Sprout's copy?

Since he's posting the exact same screenshots, I'm assuming that its the same person.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 09:00:38 AM »
Since he's posting the exact same screenshots, I'm assuming that its the same person.

I thought of that, but then decided that only a retard like me would déjà vu the f*ck out of something as rare as this.  Anywho..... I stand by my original offer of four shiny quarters.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Toadboy

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 12:57:58 PM »
Well, crap - I thought I'd registered on here previously, but couldn't find my account  :?

Yep - that's me; sorry for the repeat account creation!  I'd posted that back when I was selling off all my NES proto's, and had packed all my other stuff back up until a few months back.

I'll try getting everything connected back up before I lug it back up into the attic, and try to capture some gameplay videos if there's interest.

Keranu

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 04:45:10 PM »
I love the title screen especially

I know most of you have seen the Simpson's episode where Homer is part of that advertising/marketing team creating the new character on Itchy and Scratchy. Camp California's character totally reminds me of Homer's cartooncreation "Poochie". lol. In fact, so does Johnny Turbo. Which makes me wonder....was Homer part of TTI's executive team?  :-k

Hahaha, totally!

Quote from: Toadboy
I'll try getting everything connected back up before I lug it back up into the attic, and try to capture some gameplay videos if there's interest.

BIG interest on my side! I'd really appreciate any footage!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

D-Lite

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 05:30:43 AM »
Well not sure what you want for it but I'd definitely be interested in it.  I'm mostly there on my PCE collection now so I'm moving onto the proto stuff if I can find it.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com