Author Topic: wii VC control problem  (Read 1458 times)

Turbo D

Re: wii VC control problem
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 10:23:27 PM »
I will also take this time to laugh..... :lol:

:wink:

This is just the kind of shiz that you come to expect from Nintendo though  :x

Odonadon

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 04:57:09 PM »
If you are serious about VC, just spend the extra cash and get the classic controller since it will control everything VC offers now, and in the future.  the only thing I don't like about it is the height of the analog stick buttons but meh.

I buckled and bought one an hour or two ago. I'll get back to everyone on whether or not I have the same problems.
That would be funny if it ends up working because Nintendo forces people to buy all of their products.

Well then I am going to assume you are laughing right now, because the classic controller does work perfectly. I played three hours of VC games yesterday and another three hours today and none of that funky shit.

Although, I think it is extremely f*cked up that the Wii-mote has these issues with VC games. I'm wondering if this was deliberate on Nintendo's part. I actually like playing VC games with the Wii-mote because it's shape and layout is ever so slightly reminiscent of the classic NES controller. But the problems I was having... that just doesn't fly with me.

I don't think it's deliberate - sounds like there's something wrong with your Wiimote, dude.  Mine don't do that.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

nat

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »
If you are serious about VC, just spend the extra cash and get the classic controller since it will control everything VC offers now, and in the future.  the only thing I don't like about it is the height of the analog stick buttons but meh.

I buckled and bought one an hour or two ago. I'll get back to everyone on whether or not I have the same problems.
That would be funny if it ends up working because Nintendo forces people to buy all of their products.

Well then I am going to assume you are laughing right now, because the classic controller does work perfectly. I played three hours of VC games yesterday and another three hours today and none of that funky shit.

Although, I think it is extremely f*cked up that the Wii-mote has these issues with VC games. I'm wondering if this was deliberate on Nintendo's part. I actually like playing VC games with the Wii-mote because it's shape and layout is ever so slightly reminiscent of the classic NES controller. But the problems I was having... that just doesn't fly with me.

I don't think it's deliberate - sounds like there's something wrong with your Wiimote, dude.  Mine don't do that.

OD

I have three Wii-motes. They all do it.

Turbo D

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 07:05:38 PM »
Its all part of Nintendo's plan for console market domination. They make you buy lots of their crappy products.

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 07:19:28 PM »
Did you change the batteries?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 08:13:09 PM »
Hmm makes me wounder if nat wii remotes are in sync.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Black Tiger

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 12:44:01 AM »

It sounds like the problem is probably your system then. The only problem I've had with VC games is my hand touching the trigger on the bottom of the remote.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nat

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 03:57:34 AM »
Did you change the batteries?

I wish there was an emoticon for me punching you.

Hmm makes me wounder if nat wii remotes are in sync.

That was my second thought, after trying all of the different Wii-motes to make sure they all had the same problem. I re-synced them. It didn't make a difference.

It sounds like the problem is probably your system then. The only problem I've had with VC games is my hand touching the trigger on the bottom of the remote.

Does that cause the behavior I described? If so, then it's very likely that is what was going on. But I thought the trigger button on the bottom was inactive for VC games.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 05:25:48 AM »

I'm laughing my proverbial ass off.

Does that cause the behavior I described? If so, then it's very likely that is what was going on. But I thought the trigger button on the bottom was inactive for VC games.

Odonadon stated that he had the same problem.  Maybe it's your clumsy hands that are the problem, or maybe you just need to change the batteries.  :-k
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Odonadon

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 07:18:10 AM »

Doh!  No, all buttons are enabled, the A and B acting as autofire for 1 and 2.  Yeah, it's probably your left hand hitting the 'B' trigger, as I said like reply #8 :) :)  Sorry, now I wish I had the punching emoticon :)

OD

nat

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 07:32:15 AM »

Doh!  No, all buttons are enabled, the A and B acting as autofire for 1 and 2.  Yeah, it's probably your left hand hitting the 'B' trigger, as I said like reply #8 :) :)  Sorry, now I wish I had the punching emoticon :)

OD

That would certainly explain the odd behavior with the "fire" buttons, but what would cause my D-pad and "START" button to act as if auto-fire was turned on for them? D-Pads and START buttons shouldn't even haveauto-fire! I was having trouble navigating the menus in Gunstar Heroes because one press of "START" would quickly zip through the weapon and stage select menus right to the game.

Odonadon

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 05:13:44 PM »

OD

That would certainly explain the odd behavior with the "fire" buttons, but what would cause my D-pad and "START" button to act as if auto-fire was turned on for them? D-Pads and START buttons shouldn't even haveauto-fire! I was having trouble navigating the menus in Gunstar Heroes because one press of "START" would quickly zip through the weapon and stage select menus right to the game.

Oh yeah, right.  That's why it sounded odd - it was the d-pad and start buttons too.  No, what I was talking about was the middle finger on my left hand hitting the trigger button by accident.  Didn't effect any other buttons.  And only in TG16 games - Genesis games don't use the trigger button for autofire I don't think.  Very strange, but if the classic controller works fine then use that, otherwise I don't know if it'd be worth your time dancing with the Nintendo support guys :)

OD