Author Topic: Alpha Denshi Co.  (Read 788 times)

MotoRoaderMike

Alpha Denshi Co.
« on: October 20, 2007, 09:16:49 AM »
You probably never heard of them, and I could understand why, because many of their games are highly un-memorable, but something really interests me about many of their games. Here's some of the games they've made and a brief synopsis of them:

High Voltage:

First person shooting game with pretty impressive graphics for 1985. KLOV says that the game had speech, but I don't remember getting to any parts of the game that had speech back when I played it.

Time Soldiers:

Your comrades have been captured and have been forced to travel back in time by Gylend! Now you must save them! Overhead shooter game similar to Ikari Warriors. The music in this game is really weird, I don't even think the way it sounds in MAME is the way it sounds on the actual PCB/arcade cabinet.

Sky Soldiers:

Basic vertical scrolling shoot 'em up. The plot of the game according to the flyer is:"EXPERIENCE THE PAST......TO PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE". Wait, why do we need to go back in time to prepare for a future war? That makes no sense! We should just go over and kick the enemy army's ass. Anyway, not a bad game. The music sounds exactly the same as in Time Soldiers, and I also think that how the music in the game sounds on MAME is not how it sounds on the actual PCB/arcade cabinet.

Gang Wars:

A beat 'em up with the most GENERIC storyline you could ever think of. Some girl is kidnapped by some dude, and two other dudes go to rescue her. Generic story aside. Pretty interesting. And before each level, you can raise your characters stats such as defense and offense and speed.

Blue's Journey:

Cutesy platformer where you rescue a princess or something (Yay, another generic story!), and a pretty good game. One of the company's best IMO.

Ninja Combat:

This is a title of theirs that I saw ALOT back in the early 90's. To guys named Joe and Hayabusa go to beat the ninjas in the ninja tower, but the game doesn't tell you why. Probably one of their more well-known titles. It's gotten compared to "Gang Wars", but I can't really see the similarities other than that both games were directed by Tsutomu Maruyama, and a city backdrop in the game looks like the one from the first level of Gang Wars.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:25:49 AM by MotoRoaderMike »

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

SignOfZeta

Re: Alpha Denshi Co.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »
Yeah, those and World Heroes.

ccovell

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 11:39:52 AM »
Don't forget the peerless Magician Lord!

oh, and Twinkle Star Sprites!

ADK was an SNK subsidiary, and you can see their progression from crap games -> campy crap games in the 80s and 90s.

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 11:53:06 AM »
Time Soldiers and Sky Soldiers were two big games in my hometown.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 11:55:57 AM »
I like the colors in High Voltage.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 11:57:15 AM »
Ninja Masters also. Most of their games had ninjas and time travel or past related themes.

Turbo D

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 12:02:43 PM »
I really like Blue's Journey. Its actually fun and cool.  8)

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 12:38:30 PM »
Time Soldiers and Sky Soldiers were two big games in my hometown.

Where ya from?

rag-time4

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 02:44:29 PM »
Ninja Combat was one that I saw a lot in local arcades in the early 90s.

I always liked the variety of chracters that you could morph into. A very cool take on the classic beat 'em up.

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 03:01:06 PM »
ADK was an SNK subsidiary

No it wasn't. There were other companies that published their stuff, like Sega and Tecmo.

Anyway, "Sky Soldiers" would've been a good game on the Turbo.

nat

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 04:09:16 PM »
Twinkle Star Sprites is f*cking awesome.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 07:25:28 PM »
I cannot forgive you for forgetting Magician Lord which is, in my opinion, their best game evar.

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 07:49:23 PM »
I cannot forgive you for forgetting Magician Lord which is, in my opinion, their best game evar.

I didn't forget Magician Lord, I was just listing examples of some standout games of theirs.

Tatsujin

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 07:56:04 PM »
yeah..magican lord is/was amazing!! when e first saw the pics in the mags back then, i was blown away from its color palette! the BGM was amazing as well.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 09:21:07 PM »
How can you guys forget

Agressors of
Dark
Kombat

It is a pretty okay game, although the controls can get pretty crusty mustard.  [-(