Author Topic: console warz  (Read 2133 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: console warz
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 08:38:01 PM »
Although I like a lot of games on 360, I honestly think that when I buy a console (as soon as my car fund is complete) it might be the Wii.

Why "might"? Because while it seems like it has a lot of potential and right now is right up my alley, I've been burned with N64 (like 4 good games for it) and Gamecube (perhaps 3 good games).

I don't want to keep funding my eventual disappointment, so I'm really hesitant about Wii.

Some of my AIM/MSN friends feel the same way, and I assume there's more of us. That's why I don't think Wii will do that hot this generation, even though it has potential.

Actually, PS3 is starting to shape up, and in a year, it could be actually "considerable purchase" good. But I think 360 will win the war.

nodtveidt

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 08:58:16 PM »
Right now, much of my money is going into incorporating a business and buying a DS development kit from Nintendo, so I don't really have the cash to shell out for the PS3 anyways...or a Wii or Xbox 360 for that matter either.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 09:03:35 PM »
Right now, much of my money is going into incorporating a business and buying a DS development kit from Nintendo, so I don't really have the cash to shell out for the PS3 anyways...or a Wii or Xbox 360 for that matter either.

Nice. How much does a DS dev kit run? I would never be able to use one, but I'm curious. Is it like in the $1000s or the $10,000s?

Turbo D

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2007, 01:05:24 AM »
wow, you're going to develope for ds nod? thats bad ass  :mrgreen:

FM-77

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2007, 06:36:40 AM »
Although I like a lot of games on 360, I honestly think that when I buy a console (as soon as my car fund is complete) it might be the Wii.

Why "might"? Because while it seems like it has a lot of potential and right now is right up my alley, I've been burned with N64 (like 4 good games for it) and Gamecube (perhaps 3 good games).

I don't want to keep funding my eventual disappointment, so I'm really hesitant about Wii.

Words of ultimate truth (of doom). Nintendo 64, shit games. Gamecube, even shittier games (almost the shittiest games ever made, in fact) and then Wii.... the epitome of shit. Nintendo systems really suck (except FC/SFC). Not just the hardware in this case which is ridiculously weak and terrible, but the games suck too. I'd rather get a f*cking Xbox than a Wii. And Xbox is shit!

The best system for this generation is without a doubt Xbox 360. Well, not really... it's the worst system (RLOD, anyone?), but it has the best games. PS3 has no good games at all, but at least the hardware isn't weak/crippled.

This generation really sucks.

/Goes back to Famicom gaming

Turbo D

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 11:09:54 AM »
I might have to agree with you fm  :) This generation is filled with run of the mill fps and 3rd person walk-around games, boring  :|

TR0N

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 04:39:36 PM »

The best system for this generation is without a doubt Xbox 360. Well, not really... it's the worst system (RLOD, anyone?), but it has the best games. PS3 has no good games at all, but at least the hardware isn't weak/crippled.

This generation really sucks.

/Goes back to Famicom gaming
Agreed current gaming is mess up at this point.

That's why i stated things in it are a mess and it must be iron out still.

Sales figures don't mean much to me i play what i like at this point.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 05:14:56 PM by TRON »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 05:04:34 PM »
I haven't touched an actual polygonal game in a month! 0_0

guyjin

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 06:09:39 AM »

Words of ultimate truth (of doom). Nintendo 64, shit games. Gamecube, even shittier games (almost the shittiest games ever made, in fact) and then Wii.... the epitome of shit.

you are out of your cockblasting mind.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

nat

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 06:15:30 AM »

Words of ultimate truth (of doom). Nintendo 64, shit games. Gamecube, even shittier games (almost the shittiest games ever made, in fact) and then Wii.... the epitome of shit.

you are out of your cockblasting mind.

Yeah, I really disagree about the GameCube. Great system. The Nintendo 64 was Nintendo's biggest let down, ever. The system itself was fine and all, but the game library left so much to be desired it's not even funny. The 64 could have been a killer 2D system but instead focused on ugly, jagged polygon games. The few 2D games it did get were pretty sweet though (Mischief Makers, and I don't care what anyone says about Yoshi's Story, but that's an awesome game).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 06:26:24 AM »
Holy hell, I find myself agreeing with FM-77.  It must be getting quite chilly down in Hades.  :lol:

The number of 'must haves' for the N64 could be counted on one hand, and the same can be said of the GC.  Well, maybe the 'Cube would require both hands, but that's still abysmal.  So far, I haven't seen anything for the Wii that looks worthwhile either (outside of VC offerings).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Kitsunexus

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 06:31:22 AM »
Yeah, I really disagree about the GameCube.

The only games I have enjoyed on Gamecube are:

Star Fox Adventures
Megaman X Collection
F-ZERO GX
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Sonic Aventure 2: Battle
Soul Caliber 2
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Super Mario Sunshine
Ikaruga
Super Monkey Ball 2

10 good games for Gamecube. 0_0

nat

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 06:59:17 AM »

Star Fox Adventures
Megaman X Collection
F-ZERO GX
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Soul Caliber 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Ikaruga
Super Monkey Ball 2

And surely you must have played them all to come to that determination!

Kitsunexus

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007, 07:57:02 AM »

Star Fox Adventures
Megaman X Collection
F-ZERO GX
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Soul Caliber 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Ikaruga
Super Monkey Ball 2

And surely you must have played them all to come to that determination!

Not all of the library, but about 30 of them, including some reccomended-to-me-heavy-hitters like Eternal Darkness and Twilight Princess and Baten Kaidos. None of those games appeal to me. However the 10 games I listed previously are REALLY REALLY good.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »
The games I enjoyed ont he Gamecube were:

Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
F-Zero GX
Waverace 64
Residential Evil 4

5 good games!