Author Topic: Bomberman!  (Read 1709 times)

MotoRoaderMike

Bomberman!
« on: October 31, 2007, 05:49:09 PM »
I've been on a BIG Bomberman kick ALL DAY yesterday. He's a cute lil' guy, ain't he? XD Except in that atrocious Bomberman Act Zero of course. Anyway, I have a strong urge to get alot of Bomberman games. I wish I could find a copy of Bomberman '93 that was inexpensive!!! Grrrrrr...... I also wanna get a copy of the Saturn Bomberman game, but forget it! It's going for like 75 bucks! That's a big rip off! And I wanna get Bomberman Generation for the Gamecube and one of those GBA Bomberman Games. Been on a big Bomberman kick all day yesterday. Plus he's so friggin' cute!!! XD

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Black Tiger

Re: Bomberman!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 06:13:23 PM »
I've been on a BIG Bomberman kick ALL DAY yesterday. He's a cute lil' guy, ain't he? XD Except in that atrocious Bomberman Act Zero of course. Anyway, I have a strong urge to get alot of Bomberman games. I wish I could find a copy of Bomberman '93 that was inexpensive!!! Grrrrrr...... I also wanna get a copy of the Saturn Bomberman game, but forget it! It's going for like 75 bucks! That's a big rip off!

You can buy Saturn Bomberman and a japanese Saturn system for under $75.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »
I've been on a BIG Bomberman kick ALL DAY yesterday. He's a cute lil' guy, ain't he? XD Except in that atrocious Bomberman Act Zero of course. Anyway, I have a strong urge to get alot of Bomberman games. I wish I could find a copy of Bomberman '93 that was inexpensive!!! Grrrrrr...... I also wanna get a copy of the Saturn Bomberman game, but forget it! It's going for like 75 bucks! That's a big rip off!

You can buy Saturn Bomberman and a japanese Saturn system for under $75.

Yeah, I guess I will have to get a japanese copy of the game, because it looks like I don't have a choice. :( I don't need a japanese system BTW, I have an Action Replay cart. :)

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:44:50 PM »

I own this,and you can usually find it for 5 bucks. Its a collection,has BomberMan 1 and 93,and BomberMan World on it. Fun stuff for some quick play on your pc thats cheap.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 07:47:20 PM by Michael Helgeson »

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »

I own this,and you can usually find it for 5 bucks. Its a collection,has BomberMan 1 and 93,and BomberMan World on it. Fun stuff for some quick play on your pc thats cheap.

Damn! I should look for that!

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 08:35:11 PM »
I think I nabbed mine at Big Lots,but I am sure it could be found on ebay dirt cheap. Its great for  aquick Bomber Man fix,esp if you are not near a TG or Pc Engine.

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »
I think I nabbed mine at Big Lots,but I am sure it could be found on ebay dirt cheap. Its great for  aquick Bomber Man fix,esp if you are not near a TG or Pc Engine.
I bet! Plus there's no time limit like on Magic Engine, thank Heaven.

Tatsujin

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 08:40:28 PM »
i deeply hate all those new bomberman draws as well ingame characters. bomberman was one of the cutes sprites in the PCE era. what they did with him afterwards until nowadays is a sheer heresy!! :(
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Kitsunexus

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 08:44:09 PM »
i deeply hate all those new bomberman draws as well ingame characters. bomberman was one of the cutes sprites in the PCE era. what they did with him afterwards until nowadays is a sheer heresy!! :(

They always do that man, take cute characters and cool characters and totally ruin them.

Bomberman is honestly one of my fave game characters ever, if not my favorite. The games are awesome and the music simply rules.

Thanks for the second pic, Moto, my Zune needs some wallpaper. :)

Keranu

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 08:47:44 PM »
Agreed. Bomberman has gotten awfully skinny over the years and I think his eyes have grown even larger... perhaps he got into cocaine after the peak of his career?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Kitsunexus

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:05:07 PM by Kitsunexus »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 12:44:36 AM »
You need to learn to buy imports. Bomberman '93 is nice, but '94 is better (IMO), and goes for $15 or less as a PC Engine release.

The same with Saturn Bomberman US. The JP version is probably $12 or so, and has much more ridiculous voices.

These are the two best Bomberman games, by the way.

Tatsujin

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 01:30:34 AM »
BM'93 is the best BM ever made in the whole universe of god :-" :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 04:02:00 AM »
I prefer '94, as it's a whole year better..... err, maybe it's the kangaroos.  If you really want a US '93, keep your eyes open and be patient.  As long as you don't sprout wood for complete versions, then you should be able to pick one up for $35 or so.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

elnino

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 04:17:55 AM »
We already had this discussion in another thread and I have decided that Bomberman '93 is the best Bomberman game out there. Since people call me Big Mother Brain, it seems like the right choice.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)