Author Topic: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!  (Read 4165 times)

nat

Re: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2007, 08:40:45 AM »
I ordered Battle Royale and It Came from the Desert today. Just put a note in the "COMMENTS" section when you place your order.

I also ordered two other games and 9 various manuals to replace manuals that have gotten crappy or lost completely over the years. My current Legendary Axe manual is a joke.

Neo Rasa

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2007, 09:08:40 AM »
Sounds good.

I've never actually played It Came from the Desert before.  We all collectively hate FMV games for good reason, so I love any that's halfway competent (Sherlock Holmes, Dracula Unleashed, Killing Moon, Gabriel Knight II, etc.).  Can't wait. :D

I was nervous as I'm always neurotic about any "comments field" and what it may cause.  If we can get things for $19.99 that aren't listed on the current site maybe I should ask for a Magical Chase. ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 09:15:16 AM by Neo Rasa »

nat

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »
They also have Splash Lake available although it's not listed on the main page. I recommend anyone who doesn't already own this game to pick up a copy. Great 2-player fun.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2007, 12:55:18 PM »
If they are guilty of anything, perhaps it's not taking their customer's needs seriously. Then again it sounds like borderline harassment they way you said you were calling and calling. It's pretty shitty but if the guy was stressed already I may be irritated enough myself to pick up the phone and say "all or nothing"..   pretty harsh but that's the real world.

I cancelled my order, wich somehow they were magically able to do instantaneously (seeing as that I placed an order a few minutes after the email went out I'm amazed there are people who have already received their order before mine was even shipped!) although I admit I am still waiting for the money to come back on my card.

Don't worry folks..  this will all lead  to more Lords of Thunder / Forgoten Worlds for all of us floating around.. I guarantee.  You may have to pay $5 more for an open copy but you'll alteast be able to play your game.

I DO think it's safe to say that if FW re-appears on the TZD website after the sale (in time for Xmas) people are going to be PISSED @!!

The problem is they lied to me and my friend though,its that simple. They are quite guilty of that. They lied,multiple times,they lied to my friend when he called concerned,upset,but politely the first time. They lied to me flat out when I called,esp on my second call. We wouldn't have had to call them 3 times if they had done right the first time. Thats not harassment,or even borderline. Its called the customer looking out for his money spent.

They lied about stock on hand.
They lied to my friend about shipping the package out on his check up call after all the post on here.
They lied to me again,and accused my friend of lying to me,which was utter bullshit.
On the final call they were very unapologetic,even after being caught in their lies. It was clear they did not care one way or the next.

They made it quite clear they did not care one way or the other and had no interest in making it right with the customer,which is usually what good business is about. When the business f*cks up,it admits it,and ask what they might be able to do to fix it.

What would have been the best thing,the right thing to do from the start is send a email stating out of stock,and asking us for either a second choice,or to continue the order and refund the difference or to cancel it if we wanted.
Granted this was not done,so the second chance they had to fix it they could have stated the above on the phone.

They failed to do so Murderdate. They f*cking flat out lied,and said they shipped the order minus the games without obtaining consent first or asking us if we had a second choice. It was clear they hoped we would just put up with that bs and leave the order as it was.

Only AFTER they were informed by me that we would send their package back and deny the charge did they even admit to not shipping it. And then they said my friend lied to ME. Why they would say something so stupid is beyond me. Why continue lying???? I had no reason to doubt my friend either,as these f*ckers messed up already as it is,and the third call by my friend proved it all.

It isn't all this either,the very first time my friend called them before even placing the order the guy was very unhelpful over the phone,all he got out of him was the same as me,Lords of Thunder sold out,Forgotten Worlds they had plenty of. He also stated this too,that all the other titles they had plenty of also.

When my friend asked about other titles,if they had anything in stock not on the list the guy told him sure,but that he didn't have time to see what they had for sale,and that he had to go unless my friend could basically do the name game and name titles they had. It was pretty crappy. Not a good way to secure a order from a paying customer.

All in all,this was not how TZD was when I ordered in the past from them,from 94-2004. To me this is really sad that its how the last experience I would have with them would turn out,and how my friends first and only one would end up.

People give TZD too much credit too for sticking around. If it wasn't for us,they wouldn't have been able to stick the f*ck around to begin with. No customers/fan base= no sales=no 10 plus years of being able to do business. Its a s simple as that. The Turbo scene would be here either way,regardless of TZD. Maybe there would be less people into it,but not enough to give TZD the alot of the credit for keeping it alive after NEC and TTI left. The fans did that,not TZD.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:57:37 PM by Michael Helgeson »

nimtene

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2007, 02:25:41 PM »
I think it's incredibly lame when a company yells
"We're offering 50% off our ENTIRE inventory"
and suddenly several items are conveniently
missing from their "inventory" during the sale.

willis

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2007, 01:53:34 AM »
I ordered some stuff from TZD and everything came in as expected...........however I do have a question. I ordered a  Duo pad and what they sent me is what I believe to be a Turbo pad with a Duo cord. Does anyone know what this is about? I thought they offered "brand new" merchandise. This leads me to believe that they took a new Turbo pad and swapped the cord for a Duo. I was hoping for a new actual Duo pad..........anyone came across this before? I'm not saying anything bad towards TZD because my buying experience with them was great!

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2007, 02:27:04 AM »
I ordered some stuff from TZD and everything came in as expected...........however I do have a question. I ordered a  Duo pad and what they sent me is what I believe to be a Turbo pad with a Duo cord. Does anyone know what this is about? I thought they offered "brand new" merchandise. This leads me to believe that they took a new Turbo pad and swapped the cord for a Duo. I was hoping for a new actual Duo pad..........anyone came across this before? I'm not saying anything bad towards TZD because my buying experience with them was great!

They have been doing it for a couple of years now. They ran out of original Duo pads long ago. I agree though,the web page still makes it out like its a original Duo pad last time I checked,which could irk someone.

Paisa49

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2007, 02:34:10 AM »
I ordered some TG-16 controllers and a back-up A/C Adapter and RF Switch, and everything came in just fine. I was very happy with my purchase.

Turbo D

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2007, 02:37:23 AM »
I'm still broke, but I have till the end of the month to take advantage of the sale  :pray:

nat

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2007, 02:53:19 AM »

They have been doing it for a couple of years now. They ran out of original Duo pads long ago. I agree though,the web page still makes it out like its a original Duo pad last time I checked,which could irk someone.

Michael's partially right, but the picture does show a TG-16 pad with a Duo cord. Although I concede the wording makes it sound like you're getting a genuine "DuoPad".

On that note, I bought a lot from them. I got 8 replacement game manuals, and 4 games. Great deal.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2007, 03:19:10 AM »

Word.  Though if memory serves, their old web page correctly described it as a TG-16 pad with a swapped cable.  I have one of these puppies, and the cord doesn't look like a standard TG-16 cord.  I don't know where they got the cord from, but the controller was put inside a bag labeled "Made in Mexico".

On a side note: Saturday's mail brought me my order of a tap, two controllers, a TE ac adapter, and nine games.  Everything ordered was in stock and promptly shipped.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

shubibiman

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2007, 07:47:34 AM »
Necromancer>you got a PM ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Neo Rasa

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2007, 08:02:07 AM »
Looks like everyone's getting their order but me then.  The anticipation is painful.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »
So wrong you are,not everyone got their order,complete,partial,or at all. Plus,you're only thinking of the members who have posted on this thread,imagine the ones who didn't,how many there are out there who had problems too on this sham of a sale....

Neo Rasa

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2007, 09:01:06 AM »
So wrong you are,not everyone got their order,complete,partial,or at all. Plus,you're only thinking of the members who have posted on this thread,imagine the ones who didn't,how many there are out there who had problems too on this sham of a sale....

What happened anyway?  I was ordering stuff from them bit by bit all spring til the present with no issue at all.  From my own experience and what the majority of people say I can't believe they were always terrible.