Author Topic: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!  (Read 4198 times)

MrFulci

50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!
« on: November 01, 2007, 08:20:23 AM »
The e-mail I received, also mentions they would be interested in stopping support for the Turbo Grafx, as in they would like to clear out as much inventory as possible, and would like for someone to pickup the leftover pieces wholesale, and resell them.

Though I have much of what I need/want, I will pick up a few more items from this sale as this may be one of the last, or THE last purchases I make from TZD.com.

A copy of the e-mail I received,

"Hello,

Turbo Zone Direct must clear out inventory! Our loss is your gain!

Well it had to happen, TZD must clear out thousands of inventory items before we must move in 30 days. This is your opportunity to save a bundle and lighten the load we must move. Here's an offer you can't beat, one we've never made before. We're offering 50% off our ENTIRE inventory for the month of November. Here are the details: You must include MOVING SALE in the comments section of your order. You must purchase at least $30.00 worth of merchandise at the net cost (after the 50% is deducted.) We will adjust the order total here. Your credit card is not charged until the order is picked to assure you the correct amount.

As usual nothing is held back, there are no limits to the number of items you may purchase or the number of orders you may place. This offer will end November 31,2007. We expect to close out a number of titles during this sale; we will make every effort to update the web site. This is a golden opportunity for you to stock up on your favorite Turbo merchandise at a super price. Don't miss out! Turbo merchandise not sold by TZD is getting harder and harder to find. As you know everything we sell is new, factory-sealed merchandise.

We do not know yet where we will be in 30 days so act now!

TZD is also looking for a wholesaler that might be able to take on or take over the legacy we started in 1994. If any of you know of a company or organization that can handle bulk resale of these classic video games, parts and accessories, please use our email contact at www.tzd.com

Feel free to write if you have any questions, you know we value your input and support.
"
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 08:30:22 AM »
Unfortunately, I already have all the games that they still have in stock.  Maybe a few spare controllers need to come my way, even though I already have a dozen or so.

I wonder just how much it would take to buy 'em out.  Hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands?  :-k
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nectarsis

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 09:11:06 AM »
update?? I hope it's soon.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 09:21:53 AM »
update?? I hope it's soon.

What?  Who?  When?  Where?  How?   :?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nectarsis

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 09:54:57 AM »
"We expect to close out a number of titles during this sale; we will make every effort to update the web site"...lol
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

CatBoy

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 09:56:06 AM »
That sale should absorb a good part of the ridiculous shipping fee for Canadian orders. :D

Ordered:

J.B. Harold Murder Club
John Madden Duo Football
Forgotten Worlds
Meteor Blaster DX

and 7 manuals.

Now the only games I'm missing from them is Prince of Persia and Sim Earth.

Thanks!

Turbo D

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 10:20:53 AM »
I better save some cash for this sale  :D

nat

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 10:28:28 AM »
They keep saying they have thousands of pieces left, but they really don't have that many different items left to sell.

I wonder what kind of numbers they have for some of this stuff... What's keeping the quantity in the thousands? 32,643 copies of Power Golf?

MrFulci

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 10:40:58 AM »
I think there is an interview with TZD on this site, mentioning after his death he may be lining his crypt with copies of Power Golf.... I wonder if there are over 1,000 of that title?

I purchased:

- Modified Tg controller - Awesome for the Duo. $10 is a good price for a new controller, with a long cable. This is the type of controller I primarily use with my Duo-R.
- TG-16 AC adapter
- TG-16 extension
- TG-16 repair cable - May come in handy...
- Lords of Thunder - I already own this game, though having a spare for future trades is cool.
- JB Harold - Same as above.
- 3 manuals - Some titles I have, that may have worn manuals. If they're in stock, cool. If not, no big deal.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Turbo D

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »
Looks like the Turbo Expresses have disappeared from the online price list. I wonder if they sold out or just don't want to sell them for half off  :-k

nat

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 10:58:21 AM »
Looks like the Turbo Expresses have disappeared from the online price list. I wonder if they sold out or just don't want to sell them for half off  :-k

They don't want to sell it half-off. They have 8 left. Steve told me.

MurderDate

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 01:33:10 PM »
I bought

FORGOTTEN WORLDS
LORD OF THUNDER
IMPLODE
BUSTER BROS.
DUNGEON MASTER

should be like $75..  nice
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 01:47:22 PM »
Scored :

Buster Brothers                         
Forgotten Worlds                         
Shape Shifter

I've never ordered from TZD before might as well get one in if this is my last chance.
My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

Keranu

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 02:29:25 PM »
I got the email too and this is awesome  :mrgreen: and sad :( . I'm totally purchasing a Turbo Vision!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

schnuth

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 08:07:11 PM »

They don't want to sell it half-off. They have 8 left. Steve told me.

I can understand why they don't want to sell them for 50% off, but if they did I'd be all over it.  :)  I'll have to pick up some things this month as well.  Thanks for the heads up!