Author Topic: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!  (Read 4188 times)

MrFulci

Re: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 07:34:14 AM »
Looking at the site, it appears the following are sold out:

- Lords of Thunder
- Meteor Blaster
- Replacement antenna mast for Turbo Vision
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

nat

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 07:59:56 AM »
Wow, that was fast.

Apparently they are getting some good returns on this sale. I really hope it isn't douchebag eBay re-sellers buying this stuff up. That would really piss me off. Too bad there is nothing I could do about it, anyway.  :?

I have been waiting a long time for the day that Lords of Thunder finally sold out. I predict in the somewhat near future prices for the US version will skyrocket on eBay.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 08:34:21 AM »
"We expect to close out a number of titles during this sale; we will make every effort to update the web site"...lol

Uh, right.... so you're hoping that they sell out of everything soon then?  I guess that's good for TZD, but not so good for the rest of us.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »
Forgotten Worlds  looks to be gone too. Good thing I got it when I did.

I do hope the people buying stuff up are gamers because I'd like to think that people are enjoying these purchases and not just looking to ebay hoard. I'm surprised it took Lords of Thunder this long to sell out but then again the game is such a classic most of us have a copy by now I'd wager.

But the driving up of the price is the reason I have so few American Turbo CD games. I think the only ones I have are Cosmic Fantasy II, Dragon Slayer, Ys Book I/II and LOT. I wouldn't mind getting more but its hard to justify the price gouging. The Japanese versions are far cheaper and that includes shipping.

On the one hand good sellers in Japan on ebay have made my collection grow easily and with very little price insanity. On the other hand some American sellers have made some games out to be worth more then they are. I guess it's a two sided coin with ebay and it depends on who is doing the selling.

Back to the topic at hand this might be TZD's swan song I dunno what's gonna be left after this one.

(Insert joke about 9 million copies of Turbo Golf)

My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

nat

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 08:57:52 AM »

Dude, that's f*cking crazy. Like 10 or 15 minutes before you posted that message (after I posted my last one) I had checked the TZD page and Forgotten Worlds was still there.

f*ck, now J.B. Harold is gone too. That was one I was planning on buying. This is nuts.

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 09:02:36 AM »

Dude, that's f*cking crazy. Like 10 or 15 minutes before you posted that message (after I posted my last one) I had checked the TZD page and Forgotten Worlds was still there.

f*ck, now J.B. Harold is gone too. That was one I was planning on buying. This is nuts.

Yeah either this sale has every PC-E/Turbo owner crawling out of the woodwork or they didn't have that much stock left....
My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

nat

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 09:04:10 AM »

Yeah either this sale has every PC-E/Turbo owner crawling out of the woodwork or they didn't have that much stock left....

This really enforces my theory that they have like 4 copies of every game on that page, except Power Golf, of which they have over 65 thousand. That's the only possible way I can envision that they have "thousands of pieces left."

Turbo D

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 01:06:41 PM »
man, this is depressing. They always have sales when I have to pay my credit card bill. Now all the good titles are leaving  :(

MrFulci

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 01:17:08 PM »
Sold-Out:

- Turbo Express TV Tuner
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Turbo D

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :cry:

bojay1997

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 01:37:58 PM »
Whatever happened to those e-mail auctions he was having a few months ago where he was going through games he only had one of in alphabetical order?  It seemed like it stopped right after the first batch.  What about the stock that was sent to Canada for Donsal.  Is all of that gone as well?

nat

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 02:42:25 PM »
Whatever happened to those e-mail auctions he was having a few months ago where he was going through games he only had one of in alphabetical order?  It seemed like it stopped right after the first batch.  What about the stock that was sent to Canada for Donsal.  Is all of that gone as well?

Yeah, I'm very curious what happened to the rest of the alphabetical stock too.

They stopped after the first batch, which was like midway through B. Unless he decided to keep these for himself or something, C-Z should still be available. I got a new copy of Blazing Lazers during that sale.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 03:19:35 PM »
TZD guy told me over the phone before he closed yesterday that he had plenty of Forgotten Worlds in stock to even last all weekend. My friend and I ordered two of them today at 10 Am central time,along with other titles,and after reading the above I am going to be pissed if he doesn't fill our order correctly as he "assured "me he had enough.

TR0N

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »
Damn i wish i could jump on that sale.

Still i was busy picking up games on ebay eariler.

Guess i'm out of luck then.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Neo Rasa

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 07:07:51 PM »
I'm glad I got what I could from TZD before the Ebay scourings began.  I know US versions of some of these games get a high price but there's no way they had a few of these (though there'll be a site able to sell us factory sealed Andre Panza Kick Boxing until the end of time).

I just got into the Turbo about two years ago and only started ordering from TZD regularly several months ago, but I still feel sad that they're running out of software.

I'd like to think gamers who are going to happily tear these out of the shrinkwrap and play them ASAP are getting them but there'll always be hoarders jumping on these kinds of sales.

Personally, I finally got the controllers and extension cables necessary to have Dungeon Explorer fulfill its true potential. :D

The aftermath of this sale will make me chuckle though.  I envision an Andre Panza/Power Golf 2 for 1 promo in the near future...