Author Topic: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!  (Read 4192 times)

CatBoy

Re: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 08:39:33 PM »
TZD guy told me over the phone before he closed yesterday that he had plenty of Forgotten Worlds in stock to even last all weekend. My friend and I ordered two of them today at 10 Am central time,along with other titles,and after reading the above I am going to be pissed if he doesn't fill our order correctly as he "assured "me he had enough.

Well I ordered my games on the first day of the sale and here is what I got today from tzd.com:

"Thanks for the order! Unfortunately we have run out of Forgotten Worlds. "

So looks like you're out of luck... or he's being mean to me? :(

Keranu

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 09:11:47 PM »
Sold-Out:

- Turbo Express TV Tuner
That was all me. Sorry, buddies :( . The site said only two left and the email from TZD said I was buying the last one, so I wonder who bought the other one? Unfortunately the email told me the case has some wear and doesn't include instructions but "guarantees" it's new. Still for $40, I couldn't pass that up. I also got a System Card 2.0.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 09:15:48 PM »
well, I'm glad that you got it kerano  :)

Keranu

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 09:25:53 PM »
Aww thanks, pal :) ! I'll be sure to put it to good use for a Console Chronicles episode!
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 09:26:37 PM »
Sold-Out:

- Turbo Express TV Tuner
That was all me. Sorry, buddies :( . The site said only two left and the email from TZD said I was buying the last one, so I wonder who bought the other one? Unfortunately the email told me the case has some wear and doesn't include instructions but "guarantees" it's new. Still for $40, I couldn't pass that up. I also got a System Card 2.0.

Dude, I would have sold you a System Card 2.0 for $1.99

Keranu

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 09:32:51 PM »
I had no idea what System Card 2.0's even go for these days, but I just know that I don't see them sold often so I figured $7.50 from TZD would be a good deal. Got any other crap you wanna sell?  :mrgreen:

shubibiman

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 11:29:25 PM »
JB Harold out of stock too... ](*,)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

spoiler king

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2007, 02:24:16 AM »
Ah...damn. I was trying to order Forgotten Worlds and Lords of Thunder, but it looks like they're out?
I got to the sale like a day or two too late.

I emailed tzd to see if they had anything left...I guess we'll see. I'm crossing my fingers.

schnuth

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2007, 09:34:24 AM »
Damn I waited to order until I got paid and they are out of the games I want too.  Ah well, things just aren't going my way this week.  Hopefully they'll come back in stock.

spoiler king

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »
So.....yeeeaaaaa. Anyone here selling a sealed copy of Lords of Thunder for non-ebay prices?

RuthlessT138

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »
So.....yeeeaaaaa. Anyone here selling a sealed copy of Lords of Thunder for non-ebay prices?

Yeah, what he said.  I was going to wait until I got paid to get that one too.  If anyone has any extras they would be willing to part with feel free to let me know.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 01:03:53 PM by RuthlessT138 »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »
TZD guy told me over the phone before he closed yesterday that he had plenty of Forgotten Worlds in stock to even last all weekend. My friend and I ordered two of them today at 10 Am central time,along with other titles,and after reading the above I am going to be pissed if he doesn't fill our order correctly as he "assured "me he had enough.

Well I ordered my games on the first day of the sale and here is what I got today from tzd.com:

Question,what all were you going to order,and,did he cancel the whole order due to not having Forgotten Worlds in stock,or did he still charge your credit card and only ship the other titles,esp without asking first if you would still like to continue to place the order anyway?

My thing is me and a friend did a joint order via credit card. The guy at TZD swore to me that he would have plenty of copies of Forgotten Worlds in,even by next week,since I stated we may originally send in a money order. He said no worries ect...

Well after reading your comment and the others,I really wonder now. My friend went ahead and ordered using a credit card. Hes out of town,cant check his email until prob Monday. We are going to be pissed if there is one waiting for him stating something like "Sorry,no Forgotten Worlds for you,but before confirming if you wanted to still place the order we charged you anyway and shipped the other shit" .

Why would we be pissed you might wonder? Well because while my friend ordered much more,my side of things was only Forgotten Worlds,Shape Shifter,a Duo pad,and a Duo tap. I would have never ever wanted the other stuff on its own,or ordered it on its own from TZD if I was told Forgotten Worlds sold out. I only did this as a joint order BECAUSE of Forgotten Worlds being the item I mainly wanted and was told I could get.

If the card is charged without 2 copies of Forgotten Worlds being included,my friend will most likely deny the charge and send whatever package they shipped out back to them since they would not have asked for permission from us prior before altering the order to suit their own needs,that being TZDs needs.
After reading everyones troubles I honestly feel like the Lords of Thunders and Forgotten Worlds copies were listed only to move the other items and nab sales,regardless of the actual stock on hand,they seemingly kept taking orders even after running out,via phone and email.

In some ways I think they may not even have sold out,they just decided that they wanted to pull those 2 titles from the sale after they got enough combined orders in,thinking they could secure a sale regardless of weather they kept either of those 2 titles in someones purchase.

I wouldn't think this way except for the fact the guy totally lied to me it seems about how many Forgotten Worlds they had in stock to begin with. He even "checked" on how many he had over the phone before swearing I and my friend would be able to get one....that they had plenty,more then enough to last awhile at least. That kinda shit really pisses me off.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 01:00:30 PM by Michael Helgeson »

nat

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2007, 01:11:58 PM »
You might not be far off mark thinking that perhaps they just took them off the list.

I've seen TZD take things off the list for sales in the past-- only for said items to reappear again after the sale is over. The TurboExpress is a prime example. They always take it off the list for sales. Also, a few months back, they put up a big notice that they were selling out the LAST 10 TurboExpress units and when they were gone they were gone. Well, they sold out, and like two months later all of a sudden they "found" 8 more and put them back up on the website.

I don't really understand this business practice. Unless they have a gigantic werehouse just jam-packed full of shit in total disarray, I can't see how you just misplace 8 TurboExpress units only to find them a few months down the road. Considering the TE is their most expensive item, one would think they'd be keeping pretty close tabs on their stock on hand.

I'd be interested to hear what happens with your order.

EDIT: Looks like Ballistix is gone from their inventory now, too.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 01:13:47 PM by nat »

MrFulci

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2007, 03:01:42 PM »
Who knows what happened with Forgotten Worlds. Since there is no limit, it would not surprise me that someone called in a "wholesale" order, or someone purchased 25 copies of the game at $15 a CD.

Sometimes TZD holds onto things, place them aside only to bring them out later (The A-B sale). Duo's randomly appear. etc. Makes some sense to me, get rid of the bulk of the stock, and leak out the last dozen or so when the market is favourable.

I expect this is what the 50% sale is for. To rid most of the stock, and slow moving stock. Form there, depending upon market prices, "rare" items may appear again. Thena gain, I'm speculating....

I do recall hearing that they once found a box of 50 TE TV Tuners, after being sold out for a logn time. This was a few years ago, you'd have to ask the guy at TZD. I think the story had to with a move to a different warehouse, or moving boxes around  50 TE TV Tuners were uncovered.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

CatBoy

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2007, 07:02:12 PM »

Question,what all were you going to order,and,did he cancel the whole order due to not having Forgotten Worlds in stock,or did he still charge your credit card and only ship the other titles,esp without asking first if you would still like to continue to place the order anyway?

My thing is me and a friend did a joint order via credit card. The guy at TZD swore to me that he would have plenty of copies of Forgotten Worlds in,even by next week,since I stated we may originally send in a money order. He said no worries ect...

Well after reading your comment and the others,I really wonder now. My friend went ahead and ordered using a credit card. Hes out of town,cant check his email until prob Monday. We are going to be pissed if there is one waiting for him stating something like "Sorry,no Forgotten Worlds for you,but before confirming if you wanted to still place the order we charged you anyway and shipped the other shit" .

Why would we be pissed you might wonder? Well because while my friend ordered much more,my side of things was only Forgotten Worlds,Shape Shifter,a Duo pad,and a Duo tap. I would have never ever wanted the other stuff on its own,or ordered it on its own from TZD if I was told Forgotten Worlds sold out. I only did this as a joint order BECAUSE of Forgotten Worlds being the item I mainly wanted and was told I could get.

If the card is charged without 2 copies of Forgotten Worlds being included,my friend will most likely deny the charge and send whatever package they shipped out back to them since they would not have asked for permission from us prior before altering the order to suit their own needs,that being TZDs needs.
After reading everyones troubles I honestly feel like the Lords of Thunders and Forgotten Worlds copies were listed only to move the other items and nab sales,regardless of the actual stock on hand,they seemingly kept taking orders even after running out,via phone and email.

In some ways I think they may not even have sold out,they just decided that they wanted to pull those 2 titles from the sale after they got enough combined orders in,thinking they could secure a sale regardless of weather they kept either of those 2 titles in someones purchase.

I wouldn't think this way except for the fact the guy totally lied to me it seems about how many Forgotten Worlds they had in stock to begin with. He even "checked" on how many he had over the phone before swearing I and my friend would be able to get one....that they had plenty,more then enough to last awhile at least. That kinda shit really pisses me off.

Yeah well I ordered 4 games, one being Forgotten Worlds. He charged my credit card first and sent me an email afterwards telling me that he was out of that game and asked if I wanted anything else instead. Maybe I should have complained instead of buying a game I didn't really want. :/ I had to buy at least 4 games to justify the $31 shipping fee to Canada.