Author Topic: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!  (Read 4189 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2007, 09:03:38 PM »
Teach TZD a lesson then,refuse to accept the package and have it returned,and deny the charge with your credit card company. Hes not supposed to be charging peoples cards unless he can fill the original order.

shubibiman

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007, 01:25:34 AM »
Agree with Fulci, they certainly want to get rid of their big stocks. I guess Lords of Thunder might reappear soon.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

MurderDate

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2007, 01:29:56 AM »
they did the same thing to me - charged my credit card and can't supply a Forgotten Worlds.   it's bullshit. 
I've never heard of a business doing that in my life.  I haven't received my order yet but when I do if I am not pleased they are for certain going to hear about it.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if they actually DID decide to hang on to their Forgotten Worlds.  all it takes is a buncha orders ,  with FW on every damn order ,  and they think "hmm maybe we can get more than $15 for this"

I know I personally would not have jumped to place an order within 5 mins of receiving the email had I know FW "sold out".   How could it have sold out when I ordered literally as soon as they sent out the Email ?   

Staying ambiguous about the size of their backstock - it just reeks of manipulation and disrespect for the consumer.

Overall leaves a bad taste in my mouth -and I hope they are reading this !
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

spoiler king

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2007, 02:23:37 AM »
Huh. I always considered TZD one of the last true bastions of 2D gaming, and I've always thought they provided an excellent service to fans of the PCE/Duo/TG. For them to keep the site going for so many years, through several console generations, always seemed like an act of actual integrity to me.

I've been visiting their site for years now, and I'll be sad to see it go if it does indeed disappear. I think some people may be jumping to conclusions with how this sale is panning out. I guess we'll know for sure by next week.
It'd be a pretty dishonorable way to go out....f*cking with the fans/longtime supporters. I think there's a good chance the sale just went beyond their expectations.

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2007, 03:20:49 AM »
It'd be a pretty dishonorable way to go out....f*cking with the fans/longtime supporters. I think there's a good chance the sale just went beyond their expectations.

That would indeed be dishonourable.

To TZD. If you have a product in limited amounts/stock you note that and warn the customer or list what you really have. I placed my order about 7 minutes after getting the email. Now I'm yet to hear anything from TZD concerning  order problems, maybe I got lucky. I hope they got it right I really do. But even if they didn't mess up my order I'm still steamed that they messed up so many other people's orders. That's no way to do business.   

And if they did mess up my order their getting it back.
My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

MrFulci

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2007, 03:31:53 AM »
I don't think TZD is pulling a bait and switch with Forgotten Worlds, haha. From what I've gathered, TZD doesn't always have perfect stock take, as they run another business out of the same warehouse. Someone could have purchased 50 pieces of the game before you had a chance to order. Better for you to ask TZD during business hours.

I don't think any titles will be reappearing on that list. This seems to be a sale to clear out slow moving stock, and to get rid of the glut of it.

For those who missed out on JB Harold (Nat). I was early to get my order in, about 2 hours after that e-mail arrived to my in-box, so I may receive JB Harold. I may part with the game provided I receive payment promptly, and enough to cover the total cost of the item ($10 + Shipping to me, and shipping to you).
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

MurderDate

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2007, 05:36:55 AM »
Is  this "warehouse" a big bookshelf and PC in some guy's spare bedroom or is it a real warehouse with employees and crates and with something I'd need a class-B license to drive?  That's what I'd like to know.

Either way they should have taken Forgotten Worlds off the page before they sent out the email.
and they should be able to credit people's credit cards BACK and not have to pester them to "pick something else".

How did they not expect this sale to be as big as it has been?  They know the size of their mailing list.  I'm sure they are very aware of the resale on Ebay value of everything they sell.

#-o

anyway,   it'll work out for everyone, no matter how you choose to handle it.     :^o

MrFulci

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 04:21:20 AM »
My TZD order arrived. All looks good!

I'll see what TZD.com's stock looks like later this afternoon, I may make another visit...
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 05:08:20 AM »
Well no Forgotten Worlds for me. Considering I ordered 10 minutes after the email went out this proves they had no copies of that game and if they did have copies not enough to include them in this sale. No email, phone call or anything. On the other hand they did give me half off on the games I did order so it wasn't like I got cheated and I did want the games I received. Plus they were shipped fast.

So I think I'll keep what I got and won't return it. However if they survive this clearance I won't be buying from them again. I don't have much tolerance for stuff like this.

My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

MurderDate

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007, 05:42:29 AM »
I canceled my order.     :twisted:

shubibiman

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007, 05:50:28 AM »
Did you get your money back?
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

geepee16

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2007, 09:50:46 AM »
I have been reading here for a long time but this thread has promted me to step up and say what needs to be said.

Some of you people are insane.  If you think TZD is trying to scam you a la Buyrite or some other lame online game stores, you're out of your minds.  Either that, or you are so new to the Turbo scene that you know nothing about it.

TZD has been serving the Turbo community since the early\mid 90s. It's not being run out of a truck with the engine running or out of some guy's parents' basement.  They used to operate out of Van Nuys and the last ten years or so have been out of Santa clara if I'm not mistaken. It has been a business for a long time.  They have brought Sapphire, Dracula X, Ys IV and tons of other games (when they were available) from Japan. they didn't charge us ridiculous prices for any of it.  They serviced Turbo machines, offered gameplay support, kept whomever they could from TTI, and, when able to, have cut many MANY deals to customers.  They used to even give out free swag- promos, magazines, etc.  Hell, I once even got a Sherlock Holmes 2 calculator from them- for free.  This undeserved belly-aching is completely out of order.

Those of you smarting over Forgotten Worlds- if you wanted it so badly, you might have considered getting it sometime over the LAST 13/14 YEARS that they have been selling it instead of waiting until TZD was down to a handful of copies.  Now, if you REALLY want it new, why don't you go over to telegames.co.uk.  The last I checked, they were charging GBP 60 which is over $120 (US dollars) for it. TZD has had it for $30 for a LONG LONG TIME. 

If you don't like the fact that they may have pulled the Expresses of the sale list (if they indeed still have them), then perhaps you should try buying a new one of those someplace else.  I think Telegames US sold them for $250 while TZD sold them for $180.  Telegames UK? $500 at last check.  I don't blame them if they did such a thing.  Someone once taught me a very valuable lesson (and that person is likely here reading this):  It's better to make a slow dime than a fast nickel.  TZD has lost its lease and perhaps more.  They've severely marked games down over the years.  Remember when Shanghai II and Power League V were like $40 a few years back?  TZD had to take a loss on them just to get rid of them.  Why not  keep a few things which will definitely make money in the future?  Given what market choices are on sealed Expresses, I'd certainly sell some stock for much more, much later.

Finally, those of you suspicious of TZD screwing people over with broken promises on games like Forgotten Worlds, I can sympathize.  You, like me, have probably been under the assumption that TZD would be around forever with unlimited stock.  After all, their original agreement with NEC expired like way back in 2000 and they're still here.  Why not assume they'd be around another 20 years?  Would you be wiling to believe that there were - if I'm not mistaken - less than 85,000 Duos sold in North America?  How many copies of games like FW would have been made?  Some Duo games had print runs of way under 5,000 (I think Dynastic Hero had 1,500).  It's painful to know that your last chance to get something new has just slipped by but that is no reason for character assasination. I have been on the TML, a Turbo fan, a visitor here at pcenginefx.com and a customer of TZD for a long time- all for over a decade each and it just turns my stomach to see this kind of negativity in a community of the coolest game fans I have ever dealt with..

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 10:15:57 AM »
Yeah, nice first post geepee16.  Welcome aboard anyway.

I think we are all well aware of TZD's history, and I for one am quite grateful that they've been around for as long as they have (even though my customer service experience has been less than stellar).  I don't mind that they pulled the Expresses from this sale, but few would disagree that it's bad form to state something to the effect of "Last chance, buy me now!" on an item only for them to 'find' a few more and pull the same thing a year later.  Nor is it good business to tell someone over the phone that stock is plentiful, when in reality it is not.  Insane?  I think not.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Pcenginefx

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2007, 10:42:22 AM »
Thanks for posting George...You pretty much said what I was going to say.

This incident was a case of stock being mislabeled in the wearhouse, plain and simple.  TZD thought they had X amount of stock when in reality after opening up the boxes, that X amount was much lower.

This was not a case of subterfuge.

It was purely a case of stock being mislabeled and thinking they had more copies of the game then they really had.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

nat

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2007, 10:47:26 AM »
Hey, George. Good to see your face here.

George is a friend of mine, and makes a good point. I think what he is getting at is that Steve (at TZD) has supported the community loyally for the past 15 years, even (as he pointed out) long after the NEC contract expired. He has gone out of his way (at times) to provide as much support and service for all the US gamers out there as possible. He's gone above and beyond, to say the least.

Personally, the only time I questioned TZD was when they made a huge deal about clearing out the "last" of the TE units only to re-list them some time later. Don't get me wrong-- I think it's great they were able to put more up for sale. I'm still curious as to the circumstances surrounding that incident, though.

When all is said and done though, I'm a little puzzled myself at some of the negativity this sale has provoked in people. Especially for a service that we have been absolutely blessed to have had the privilege of for so many years. It's not like these items were going to be available forever.

Except Power Golf.