Author Topic: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!  (Read 4177 times)

MrFulci

Re: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007, 11:06:28 AM »
Well, it looks like JB Harodl is back for sale.

Also, whomever updates TZD.com, is also updating the old site. After I checked out, with a second order, I deltecd the cart stuff at the end, and went to: https://tzd.com

This is typed there:
"Lost our lease sale is on now! If you have signed up for our mailing list, check your in box or write for details. We just found a box of Splash Lake (regular price $29.99) and several copies of Battle Royale ($19.99) and It Came From The Desert ($19.99.) Simply add these to the comments section of your order, we will adjust the order total here. Sale prices OK! "

PCEngineFX, since you redesigned the TZD site, you may want Steve, or whomever is typing the news, know that it is only appearing on their old site.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

nat

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2007, 11:08:54 AM »
That is odd. I wonder why they have a copy of the old site up at all. Interesting.

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »
I think we are all well aware of TZD's history, and I for one am quite grateful that they've been around for as long as they have (even though my customer service experience has been less than stellar).  I don't mind that they pulled the Expresses from this sale, but few would disagree that it's bad form to state something to the effect of "Last chance, buy me now!" on an item only for them to 'find' a few more and pull the same thing a year later.  Nor is it good business to tell someone over the phone that stock is plentiful, when in reality it is not.  Insane?  I think not.

Agreed. I respect what TZD has done over the years and the service they provided to a good game system and a good group of fans. I don't think they were out to screw anyone or steal anyone's cash. However, when you list a product for sale that you apparently don't have or don't have much of that's when trouble starts. I have college degree in business (or will in about 9 months) but if your going to do a sell first thing you do is check your stock. This is 101 level stuff and flatly common sense. They should have checked what they had then made an announcement.

They earned a little bit of negative feedback for this, just because they exist does not exempt them from negative feedback. Business is very much a case of what have you done for me lately, for better or worse this is often how it is. I'm not calling them crocks or anything but they didn't handle this in the best way. 

Do I respect what they do ? Yeah I do. But that doesn't make them blameless when they goof.

..........yeah and that site thing is weird  :-k

My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

mark p

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2007, 11:25:13 AM »
Hrrrm. tzd still hasn't responded to the email I sent on Friday . They must be really busy sorting out the FUBAR'd orders. :mrgreen:

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2007, 11:59:11 AM »
Hrrrm. tzd still hasn't responded to the email I sent on Friday . They must be really busy sorting out the FUBAR'd orders. :mrgreen:

(snicker)

Yeah I hope it works out for all parties as best as it can really. Having got my order minus a game, but hey honestly I'm not that upset. Having two brand new sealed TG 16 CD games is kinda cool it almost makes me not wanna open em..........almost :) These will likely be the only new games I'll ever get for this system.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2007, 12:38:55 PM »
Thanks for posting George...You pretty much said what I was going to say.

This incident was a case of stock being mislabeled in the wearhouse, plain and simple.  TZD thought they had X amount of stock when in reality after opening up the boxes, that X amount was much lower.

This was not a case of subterfuge.

It was purely a case of stock being mislabeled and thinking they had more copies of the game then they really had.

Aaron,I got to tell you,I have dealt with TZD since 1994,and this "sale" was a complete scam in my eyes. I never ever had any issues with them before,until now. I called them,prior to making the order,so did my friend. Both times they confirmed over the phone,yea we got plenty in stock. The guy told me he looked right at them. He did this when he checked for me to see if they had any Lords of Thunder still in stock.....

Anyway,we did a joint order,under the belief we were getting 2 Forgotten Worlds in the order. No email was sent to my friend to confirm they ran out or anything,to ask for a second choice,anything at all. My friend calls them about 45 mins ago after I informed him of further post on this thread,as he became more concerned.

They informed him that they charged his credit card anyway,said they were out of stock of Forgotten Worlds,and without confirming if we still wanted to continue the order they shipped anyway. They,Steve,whoever,stated they figured my friend would have wanted the rest of the order anyway,and they would just credit back the difference.

My friend of course got utterly pissed off at the guy,with good reason. This is not how you run a good business,not at all obviously.  My friend Eric asked him to make sure it was shipped,informed him this was a joint order,reminded them that I spoke to them last week about this order before it was placed. The guy,Steve,whoever said it was indeed shipped out already. My friend then informed him he was going to inform me,and depending on what I decided,we would deny the charge and return the package at TZD cost.

My friend informed me after hanging up. I obviously get pissed. I call TZD up. This is the real kicker. I explain why the order was placed,that I did not wish to continue  a order when I was mainly ordering it for the Forgotten Worlds,the other stuff was extra. I went off on them about how it should have been confirmed with us if we wanted to continue anyway,or cancel the order first before shipping. I also said I was swore to they had plenty in stock. If I was told otherwise,I would not have placed the order obviously.

The guy then decides to tell me they did not ship it,but that if I wanted to cancel my part of the order my friend then couldn't continue his order. He also said my friend lied to me,or in other words
He's lying to you.
,and that they did not tell him it was shipped. He stated we could only do the order as a all or nothing,and my friend could not retain his part if I wanted to back out of it. He stressed this by repeating "All or Nothing " in a rude ass tone 3 times.

Man the audacity of saying my friend was lying to me,wtf.... Anyway...

My friend then called him back and asked why they told him it was shipped and why they told me he was lying to me,with me silent on 3 way calling,the guy offered no excuse what so ever for lying,only said he would cancel the order for us in a quick cool manner and hung up. No apology what so ever,nuthin at all.

I don't give  a flying f*ck how you try to spin this Aaron for TZD,or anyone else tries to for that matter in TZD defense. This sale was a obvious dupe,they got busted on a large scale in this thread it looks like from other members post.They lied to me and my friend both,and got caught verbally on the phone doing it. It doesn't matter,I mean hey,yea if they are going out of business,who cares. They wont have to deal with anyone after they are out of it.
Nab as many sales as you can in 2 days I guess.....

I don't know how many others they lied to,or told the truth to,it doesn't matter. They got f*ckin caught lying to me and my friend both,multiple times,thats all that matters to me now.This more then ruined any fond memories I had of them in the past.

MurderDate

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
aaaah!
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2007, 01:01:24 PM »

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2007, 01:12:47 PM »
Damn Michael sorry to hear that.........

This is on TZD's head. They didn't check their own stock period they messed up. In my case I got two games I wanted pretty cheap. I like everyone else in this thread didn't get their copy of Forgotten Worlds. Now I'm not returning the order but I'm not doing business with them again.

As for some saying well if you wanted so bad why didn't you buy it earlier ? Well that's not my fault or is it anyone else's fault in this thread that's in the same boat as me. TZD listed stock they didn't have it's their fault 100% being lazy or disorganized is not an excuse if this was any other game seller we'd be calling for their head. It's not my job to make sure they count their own stock right. On another note I can get Forgotten Worlds easily enough from Japan. It isn't about the game. It's about doing business right.     

mark p

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2007, 01:14:16 PM »
Wow...in all the years I've followed tzd's site, I've never heard of anything like this. I'm hoping they go out gracefully on the whole, and not by dicking a lot of people around.

Thanks for posting George...You pretty much said what I was going to say.

This incident was a case of stock being mislabeled in the wearhouse, plain and simple.  TZD thought they had X amount of stock when in reality after opening up the boxes, that X amount was much lower.

This was not a case of subterfuge.

It was purely a case of stock being mislabeled and thinking they had more copies of the game then they really had.

Aaron,I got to tell you,I have dealt with TZD since 1994,and this "sale" was a complete scam in my eyes. I never ever had any issues with them before,until now. I called them,prior to making the order,so did my friend. Both times they confirmed over the phone,yea we got plenty in stock. The guy told me he looked right at them. He did this when he checked for me to see if they had any Lords of Thunder still in stock.....

Anyway,we did a joint order,under the belief we were getting 2 Forgotten Worlds in the order. No email was sent to my friend to confirm they ran out or anything,to ask for a second choice,anything at all. My friend calls them about 45 mins ago after I informed him of further post on this thread,as he became more concerned.

They informed him that they charged his credit card anyway,said they were out of stock of Forgotten Worlds,and without confirming if we still wanted to continue the order they shipped anyway. They,Steve,whoever,stated they figured my friend would have wanted the rest of the order anyway,and they would just credit back the difference.

My friend of course got utterly pissed off at the guy,with good reason. This is not how you run a good business,not at all obviously.  My friend Eric asked him to make sure it was shipped,informed him this was a joint order,reminded them that I spoke to them last week about this order before it was placed. The guy,Steve,whoever said it was indeed shipped out already. My friend then informed him he was going to inform me,and depending on what I decided,we would deny the charge and return the package at TZD cost.

My friend informed me after hanging up. I obviously get pissed. I call TZD up. This is the real kicker. I explain why the order was placed,that I did not wish to continue  a order when I was mainly ordering it for the Forgotten Worlds,the other stuff was extra. I went off on them about how it should have been confirmed with us if we wanted to continue anyway,or cancel the order first before shipping. I also said I was swore to they had plenty in stock. If I was told otherwise,I would not have placed the order obviously.

The guy then decides to tell me they did not ship it,but that if I wanted to cancel my part of the order my friend then couldn't continue his order. He also said my friend lied to me,or in other words
He's lying to you.
,and that they did not tell him it was shipped. He stated we could only do the order as a all or nothing,and my friend could not retain his part if I wanted to back out of it. He stressed this by repeating "All or Nothing " in a rude ass tone 3 times.

Man the audacity of saying my friend was lying to me,wtf.... Anyway...

My friend then called him back and asked why they told him it was shipped and why they told me he was lying to me,with me silent on 3 way calling,the guy offered no excuse what so ever for lying,only said he would cancel the order for us in a quick cool manner and hung up. No apology what so ever,nuthin at all.

I don't give  a flying f*ck how you try to spin this Aaron for TZD,or anyone else tries to for that matter in TZD defense. This sale was a obvious dupe,they got busted on a large scale in this thread it looks like from other members post.They lied to me and my friend both,and got caught verbally on the phone doing it. It doesn't matter,I mean hey,yea if they are going out of business,who cares. They wont have to deal with anyone after they are out of it.
Nab as many sales as you can in 2 days I guess.....

I don't know how many others they lied to,or told the truth to,it doesn't matter. They got f*ckin caught lying to me and my friend both,multiple times,thats all that matters to me now.This more then ruined any fond memories I had of them in the past.

MrFulci

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2007, 01:22:16 PM »
Pretty wild to have Forgotten Worlds ruin it for you...

More of my thoughts:

I've encountered out of stock items a few times w/ TZD in the past 4 years. As stock dwindles, and sales slow, I guess they didn't have exact figures for certain items.

I've never seen pics of the Turbo Grafx items at the TZD warehouse, however I'm guessing it's all in cardboard boxes, not all unpacked, easy to see. Unless the guy rumages through all the boxes, difficult to know what all is where.

A few years ago I ordered a few TG-16 to Duo controller adapters. They were out of stock, I received an e-mail notifying me, and a few days after that order they were removed from the site.

Same happened with some game I was ordering, I receive an e-mail saying, "______ is out of stock, we thought we had more. Would you like a credit to your card, or would you like otehr items in it's place?"

Another example is when I ordered a few instruction manuals, and 1 was out of stock. They credited me the $3.00, and shipped my items. When I called, they told me they were out of that particular item, and if I ever order any other manuals, to list substitutes. No problem, I did that with my last order.

Michael, sucks that Forgotten Worlds being OOS ruined it for you. It's no longer listed on their site, so that's good. I didn't order Forgotten Worlds, however I did order Lords of Thunder, which I received. As Aaron mentioned, some items appears to ahve been in lower supply than they though. Considering how long Forogtten Worlds has been in stock at TZD, I doubt they were relying on it as a draw for sales. If they had started listing draw games, at sale prices (Dynastic Hero, Beyond Shadowgate, etc), then with each order canelling those items, and shipping what was available, I'd see thigns differently. As geepee mentioned, Fogotten Worlds has been in stock for a LONG time.

Every once in a while, something sells out, or is not in stock when I've ordered it. I don't let it bother me, as I know as time wears on, items sell out, the site may not be updated as frequently as it once was, etc. Just as with each catolgue update I received in the mail during the 90's, items disappeared.

If anyone placing an order is concerned about something NOT being in stock, add a note about it to your order. Something along the lines of, "If any of these items are not in stock, please e-mail me prior to shipping so I can ___________".

I suggest folks enjoy it while it's there, and grab what they can, who knows what will be going on (if anything) with TZD.com in 2008!

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2007, 03:48:10 PM »
MrFulci,I see your points but the fact remains that no matter what TZD got caught verbally lying to myself and my friend,both about stock on hand,and about shipping it then not,and stating my friend lied to me,that was total shit.

There really is no excuses for any of that,at all,and no pretty way to spin it for a positive outcome.
It was clear that when they stated the package was shipped that they were just hoping my friend Eric or I wouldnt say shit,and just accept it as that,then they would have just sent it. They didn't even send a email to offer a second choice,just lied and said they shipped it out.

Then with me,stated they didn't,my friend lied to me,and that they will either do the whole order,mine and his,or nothing at all... I mean come on,wtf,my friend prob still would have continued with his part of the order even if he was pissed off about it. That all or nothing bullshit was weak and extremely poor customer service totally. I fail to see how they thought they could force us both to continue the joint order when I wasn't getting what I wanted,that dumbfounds me on so many levels.

My friend was ordering alot more then me. Other then Forgotten Worlds,I only planed to get ShapeShifter,a game pad and duo tap. Without Forgotten Worlds in the deal,I was not interested in the other items. I ended up just taking the money elsewhere this evening,aka ebay. I won 6 US hucards. Air Zonk,Dead Moon,Sidearms,Blazing Lasers,Fantasy Zone and Somer Assault. This really makes me glad TZD tried to f*ck me,I ended up doing better elsewhere for less.

MurderDate

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2007, 12:18:02 AM »
If they are guilty of anything, perhaps it's not taking their customer's needs seriously. Then again it sounds like borderline harassment they way you said you were calling and calling. It's pretty shitty but if the guy was stressed already I may be irritated enough myself to pick up the phone and say "all or nothing"..   pretty harsh but that's the real world.

I cancelled my order, wich somehow they were magically able to do instantaneously (seeing as that I placed an order a few minutes after the email went out I'm amazed there are people who have already received their order before mine was even shipped!) although I admit I am still waiting for the money to come back on my card.

Don't worry folks..  this will all lead  to more Lords of Thunder / Forgoten Worlds for all of us floating around.. I guarantee.  You may have to pay $5 more for an open copy but you'll alteast be able to play your game.

I DO think it's safe to say that if FW re-appears on the TZD website after the sale (in time for Xmas) people are going to be PISSED @!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 06:52:25 AM by MurderDate »
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Pcenginefx

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2007, 04:15:59 AM »
PCEngineFX, since you redesigned the TZD site, you may want Steve, or whomever is typing the news, know that it is only appearing on their old site.

Thanks for the heads up - I just let them know.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Neo Rasa

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2007, 08:06:43 AM »
This is typed there:
"Lost our lease sale is on now! If you have signed up for our mailing list, check your in box or write for details. We just found a box of Splash Lake (regular price $29.99) and several copies of Battle Royale ($19.99) and It Came From The Desert ($19.99.) Simply add these to the comments section of your order, we will adjust the order total here. Sale prices OK! "

Is this update actually happening?  I'd love to get a couple of these but the main site doesn't reflect this yet.