Author Topic: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!  (Read 4153 times)

rag-time4

Re: 50% Off EVERYTHING at TZD.com!
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2007, 05:46:33 PM »
I finally got my order from this sale, I thought I would post my thoughts...

I was charged for the order on November 20, but I never received the package. Supposedly, it was sent the next day via parcel post. I waited a few weeks, then last Thursday I called TZD and spoke with Steve about it, and he asked me to check with my post office to see if perhaps they had the package but held it at the office without delivery and failed to leave me a slip.

After checking with the post office on Monday, I called Steve again and let him know they didn't have the package at the post office. Luckily, he still had everything I ordered in stock and sent my order via priority mail, and it arrived yesterday.

I placed a pretty big order, so I was expecting more of a hassle then I got but he was friendly about it.

The only thing about the order that I didn't really like, other than the big delay, was the duopad I received. Instead of receiving a real duopad, what I got was a Turbopad with a pre-installed duo-compatible cable.

But overall the service was really good despite the delay.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2007, 06:01:55 PM »
I wouldn't call that service when they had you wait like a sucker for 30 days about...
Also,if they really shipped it,they would have filed  a claim,not sent you nosing around the post office. Insured packages require the sender to file first,not the recipient.  Most post offices don't hold packages unless they are insured and need a sig for the order to be delivered. Any other issues and they would have sent it back to TZD fast anyway.

shubibiman

« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2007, 09:58:02 PM »
That sucks. Anayway, all's well that ends well ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

rag-time4

« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2007, 11:09:44 PM »
I wouldn't call that service when they had you wait like a sucker for 30 days about...
Also,if they really shipped it,they would have filed  a claim,not sent you nosing around the post office. Insured packages require the sender to file first,not the recipient.  Most post offices don't hold packages unless they are insured and need a sig for the order to be delivered. Any other issues and they would have sent it back to TZD fast anyway.

I was willing to check at the post office because it was a big order, and I never have had any problems with tzd orders before.

I don't believe they ever insure their packages or anything. The "second" box was sent priority with no delivery confirmation, no signature confirmation, no insurance, nothing.

But I did get everything I ordered.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2007, 11:28:30 PM »

The only thing about the order that I didn't really like, other than the big delay, was the duopad I received. Instead of receiving a real duopad, what I got was a Turbopad with a pre-installed duo-compatible cable.

They actually make that pretty clear on the website under "Details":
"Years ago we ran out of Duo pads. We had a custom cable made, then we've swapped the cable with a Turbo pad and Voila!, a Duo pad. The only thing different from the two was the sticker and the connector. We hope this fix will keep Duo owners playing on!"

...that, and the picture on the website is of a modded pad.

I understand your preference for original hardware, but something tells me that there were far fewer US DuoPads made than TurboPads. And then they had to buy the cable to swap and then go through the trouble of swapping them, and they still charge the same amount.

It seems like the best possible (and fairest) compromise to me.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2007, 11:32:06 PM »
Also,if they really shipped it,they would have filed  a claim,not sent you nosing around the post office. Insured packages require the sender to file first,not the recipient. 

Mike,
I won't comment/disagree on your post about who has to file first (sender or recipient), but the tone of your post as quoted above seems to imply that TZD took his money, kept it, shipped nothing, gave him the runaround, and then finally caved in when he asked about it a month later.

Is that what you mean to say?

rag-time4

« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2007, 12:21:16 AM »

They actually make that pretty clear on the website under "Details":
"Years ago we ran out of Duo pads. We had a custom cable made, then we've swapped the cable with a Turbo pad and Voila!, a Duo pad. The only thing different from the two was the sticker and the connector. We hope this fix will keep Duo owners playing on!"

...that, and the picture on the website is of a modded pad.

I understand your preference for original hardware, but something tells me that there were far fewer US DuoPads made than TurboPads. And then they had to buy the cable to swap and then go through the trouble of swapping them, and they still charge the same amount.

It seems like the best possible (and fairest) compromise to me.

Rondeau, thanks for pointing that out about the duo pad. I guess if I had really looked closely I would have seen that myself. The duo pad was really a throw in to my order, since I had 4 before getting this one.

Steve was very friendly and professional when I spoke with him. Like I said, other than the delay and the duo pad, I was really happy with the experience. He didn't give me any runaround, he just asked me to look into things before he replaced my entire order, which was a big order. I felt it was totally reasonable.

Turbo D

« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2007, 07:15:07 AM »
I think that modded duo pad they ship is pretty cool, haha.  8)

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2007, 08:12:01 AM »
Also,if they really shipped it,they would have filed  a claim,not sent you nosing around the post office. Insured packages require the sender to file first,not the recipient. 

Mike,
I won't comment/disagree on your post about who has to file first (sender or recipient), but the tone of your post as quoted above seems to imply that TZD took his money, kept it, shipped nothing, gave him the runaround, and then finally caved in when he asked about it a month later.

Is that what you mean to say?
When a item is lost in the mail and is insured,the shipper has to start the claim on his end,and while doing so the recipient has to type up/write up a formal statement claiming it never arrived and have it ready for when the shipper starts the claim. In the case of damaged goods,the recipient can take them to the post office,but the sender will still need o do the claim paper work,and sometimes show the value of the item sent,and proof of how much the recipient paid,either on lost or damaged goods.

Master of the obvious you are about my tone towards TZD :P

Yea,thats what they did,thats what they did to my friend,me,alot of others.
My friend had to do a charge back on his credit card because TZD refused to refund the amount charged on our joint order,and place it back on his card,the amount they pulled out without informing us they suddenly ran out of stock on items they assured me they had over the phone. It was a large order also.

They used the excuse,"the boxes were sealed up,and were mis labeled" when people started getting pissed,but that was a farce because the guy had me on the phone while he was supposedly looking into open boxes and counting how many copies were left in them....and it wasn't cardboard I heard him shuffling around,it was plastic cases. Why you ask? Because I asked him if he had enough to do a multiple order and also had enough to last the weekend,as I was originally going to send a money order in via Priority Mail.

Thinking back on it now it was prob just a bunch of TV Sports titles in a box he was shuffling around for good sound fx :P

For more details read prior post on this thread. That Nov sales thing was a sham and a big bridge burning all in one. I did business with them since 1994 but I will never again do so as long as I live.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 08:18:48 AM by Michael Helgeson »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2007, 04:18:11 AM »

Two things:

1) TZD didn't make him wait 30 days.  He chose to wait that long before contacting them about a possible lost shipment.  How would they know that the package didn't get to him?

2) TZD can only file a claim for something that was sent insured, COD, registered with postal insurance, or Express Mail.  They don't ship domestically via any of these options (I don't know about international shipments).

Let me add that the craziness of the USPS shouldn't be underestimated.  They have plenty of rules to follow, but they are often ignored and seldom enforced.  I see carriers smoking in their LLVs and leaving them running while they aren't in them, yet both are strictly prohibited.  When a shipment goes missing, it's not unreasonable to ask the postal clerks if they have any unclaimed / undeliverable packages laying about.

Rondeau, thanks for pointing that out about the duo pad. I guess if I had really looked closely I would have seen that myself.

Maybe, maybe not.  Their updated website didn't have the description included with the picture until recently, though the old website did.

Yea,thats what they did,thats what they did to my friend,me,alot of others.....For more details read prior post on this thread. That Nov sales thing was a sham and a big bridge burning all in one. I did business with them since 1994 but I will never again do so as long as I live.

Jeez, you're one bitter fellow.  I'm not saying that you there is no validity to your complaint, but the majority of people on here seem to be satisfied with their TZD dealings, not the other way around.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2007, 05:28:53 AM »
They didn't rip off or screw the majority,but it shouldn't have went wrong period. Honestly,I don't think they shipped his package originally,and yea, I am bitter when they have as of yet refunded my friends credit card on their own. The card company did it them selves via the charge back which becomes permanent in a few days,as they have a 30 day grace period on them. I also didn't like the comments they made about people on the forums here in email replies to my friend and Keranu,as they were shoddy... I wont be surprised if in a few months more LOT and Forgotten Worlds are re-discovered....and back on sale im limited supplies,if TZD is still around.

Also,It wasn't just people on these forums that got screwed,try talking to people on laseractive forums that made orders,a few of them did also.

rag-time4

« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2007, 02:28:10 PM »
They didn't rip off or screw the majority,but it shouldn't have went wrong period. Honestly,I don't think they shipped his package originally,and yea, I am bitter when they have as of yet refunded my friends credit card on their own.

Personally, I don't think the first package was sent either, but Steve was very friendly and professional when I spoke with him and didn't waste any time correcting the problem and getting my stuff to me after I called and spoke with him.

Regardless of any possible shenanigans on the part of TZD, I did get the stuff I paid for and I would order from them again if they had anything I wanted. Although my last order was a big one and took care of just about everything I didn't already have:

Splash Lake
It Came from the Desert
Buster Bros
Implode
Sim Earth
Battle Royale (starring Keranu)
Riot Zone
"DuoPad"

Considering I ordered a lot of stuff, I expected to get a lot more of a runaround, but like I said Steve was very professional with me and took care of the problem.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2007, 04:11:35 AM »
Rag-time,
how did you get ICftD? I didn't see that on their list of games, and I need that one...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2007, 04:26:47 AM »
It Came From the Desert, Splash Lake, and Battle Royale were listed on their old site's welcome page.  You could order them by adding a note in the comments section of your order.

Ha-ha, I beat you to the punch, rag-time4.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #149 on: December 26, 2007, 07:45:52 AM »
I got it that way too  8)