Author Topic: MVS/AES games I'm hoping will be on the VC in the future.  (Read 545 times)

MotoRoaderMike

MVS/AES games I'm hoping will be on the VC in the future.
« on: November 01, 2007, 03:28:27 PM »
Now that I got some money, I'm looking forward to getting some MVS/AES (dunno which version of the NG the VC has) games. But there's only two I really want at the moment. I'm hoping these games will eventually get added in the future:

Ninja Combat
Blue's Journey
Last Resort
Neo Bomberman
Fatal Fury Special
Spin Master
King of the Monsters 2
Bust-A-Move (my younger brother would be all over this, because he loves that game)
Art of Fighting 2
Galaxy Fight
KOF '96

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Keranu

Re: MVS/AES games I'm hoping will be on the VC in the future.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:06:53 PM »
As long as Windjammers is on there, I'm happy.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:24:23 PM »
I bet snkp will keep the release down to a trickle.

As for bust a move that is taito again a matter of rights.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 04:27:11 PM »

So? Just because Taito made it means there's no chance of it? There's two Taito games for the NES already on there:
Legend of Kage
and Elevator Action

TR0N

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 04:31:28 PM »

So? Just because Taito made it means there's no chance of it? There's two Taito games for the NES already on there:
Legend of Kage
and Elevator Action
Yeah those two did end up on the vc i assume nintendo pay to do so.

Still it doesn't mean...bam won't it could happen it's just a matter of $ though.

Ever since squarenix bought taito there future has been in question.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 04:33:33 PM by TRON »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 06:41:44 PM »
If I had a wii, I'd be hoping for Blue's Journey. It really is a great game  :)

Kitsunexus

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 08:04:51 PM »
I will bet $5 that if Bust-A-Move gets ported, it will be the SNES edition, not the Neo·Geo version.

This really doesn't matter though, because when I was little Bust-A-Move was in our pizza place, and we rented the SNES version the same day from the video store, and even at the age, the only thing I griped about was the sound (not as punchy for some reason, bad samples perhaps).

The ABSOLUTE worst version of Bust-A-Move I have played is the one on the VGpocket Tablet handheld. Major slowdown, shitty sampled sound effects (both due to the hardware and a sound designer who was obviously so rushed he just used the line-in on his PC to record them) and a HORRIBLE General MIDI library (the other games are not so bad, it's just the Microsoft GS synth, but this is HORRIBLE).

WoodyXP

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 11:06:53 PM »

The VC can gargle my scrotum.

nat

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 04:15:22 AM »

Do you by chance have a liquid scrotum?

I will bet $5 that if Bust-A-Move gets ported, it will be the SNES edition, not the Neo·Geo version.

There were also versions released on the 64 (and GameCube, but that's beside the point). But I agree-- Nintendo will probably opt to release one of it's own rather than a competitor. But who knows? Apparently they are releasing the same game multi-platform over in Japan so they might follow trend here.

Bust-a-Move is great, BTW. I like Bust-A-Move 3000 on the GameCube the best. Have you played it? Awesome.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 07:27:02 AM »
Bust-a-Move is great, BTW. I like Bust-A-Move 3000 on the GameCube the best. Have you played it? Awesome.

I try and stay away from BAM games not developed by Taito (this logic has flaws though, see Bust-A-Move DX for PSP, or better yet, don't).

nat

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 08:08:16 AM »

I try and stay away from BAM games not developed by Taito (this logic has flaws though, see Bust-A-Move DX for PSP, or better yet, don't).

Bust a Move 3000 was developed exclusively by Taito, sir. Who told you otherwise?

Kitsunexus

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 08:20:05 AM »

Bust a Move 3000 was developed exclusively by Taito, sir. Who told you otherwise?

It was just my assumption, based on how those N64 games were developed by some shady development company. If it's all Taito, I'll check it out.

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 08:14:22 AM »

Do you by chance have a liquid scrotum?

There were also versions released on the 64 (and GameCube, but that's beside the point). But I agree-- Nintendo will probably opt to release one of it's own rather than a competitor.

Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury and World Heroes were also on the SNES, and what versions are on the VC? The Neo versions. BAM was also on the Neo first before the SNES and Game Gear.

nat

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 08:40:25 AM »
Yeah, but those games are different. You're talking about first-party games versus third-party. Of course the Neo is going to get FF, AoF, and WH.

Bust a Move isn't a first-party game on ANY console.

guyjin

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 09:12:41 AM »
The only suggestions I have to add are puzzle de pon! and the samurai showdown games.

EDIT: and magical drop. how could I forget magical drop?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:28:25 AM by guyjin »
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin