Author Topic: Yet another ebay reseller scum  (Read 565 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Yet another ebay reseller scum
« on: November 02, 2007, 08:59:10 AM »
billmarioman - just another douche that wants to double his money and overprice the hell out of everything.

Here's the nut sack buying Beyond Shadowgate for $100, and here he is selling it for $200.  Does anybody in Virginia feel like swinging by and egging his house?  I'll forward some gas money.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

Re: Yet another ebay reseller scum
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 09:00:56 AM »
Where's stevek666 when you need him? He doesn't live in Virginia, but he lives in like Maryland or something and that isn't too far off.

I almost bought something from that billmarioman in the past. Glad I didn't-- what an a$$hole.

EDIT: What's interesting is that the "seller" he bought it from lives in the same town (Newport News) as billmarioman. I wonder if they aren't in this together somehow. Or are they the same person? Who knows.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:11:07 AM by nat »

Emerald Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 11:33:52 AM »
It's not a conspiracy.

What would two sellers have to gain from such a transaction?  Nothing.  The only way it could POSSIBLY be a conspiracy is if billmarioman bid on the original auction to raise the price, accidentally won the item, and then re-sold it to avoid the appearance of collusion.  There is never any (mutual) benefit for one guy to buy an item from another and then re-sell it.  The original seller may as well just sell it at the re-sell price, if that's what's going down.

But that's clearly not what happened.  Billmarioman sniped the original auction and got it at the minimum price.  There's no "gain" for the original seller.  So it's just coincidence that they live in the same town.

As for billmarioman's greed... yeah, it may look greedy to buy it for 100 and then re-sell it for 200.  Hell, it IS greedy.  But consider this: people had TEN DAYS to bid on the $100 auction, and they didn't.  No one else even bid on it.  Billmarioman gave people their chance, and they all passed it up.  So if he wants to try and sell it for 200, more power to him.

Of course, since no one was willing to bid 100, I doubt he'll get any takers at double price...
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:18:04 PM »
to be fair, billmarioman was selling that game for $200 before he won that other auction. But everyone knows that he will be selling the new one for $200, haha. If anyone buys it, it'll be a pretty decent profit for the marioman. I've bought from billmarioman before; mostly good experience. Although he has screwed me a few times. Once was when he sold me a game with the manual partially covered, when I got the game there was an ugly sticker on the manual. Another time is when he sold me a game as new and it came in the mail opened.  :x

TR0N

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 04:38:56 PM »
billmarioman - just another douche that wants to double his money and overprice the hell out of everything.

Here's the nut sack buying Beyond Shadowgate for $100, and here he is selling it for $200.  Does anybody in Virginia feel like swinging by and egging his house?  I'll forward some gas money.

Seems like every body is following gamesquad priceing these days shesh  :evil:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »
Here's some more ebay goofiness:

$150 SuperGrafx - It's not a horrible price gouge, but the description is absurd.  I bet you didn't know that games run noticeably faster than on the PCE due to the improved graphics processor and double video ram and that the little switch on the back is a region modification for playing US games.  [-(

$40 GE System Card - 'Waahh!  I'm not really making any money, so support my cause of overcharging for something that should be included with any Games Express release anyway.'  :roll:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

rag-time4

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 09:36:47 AM »
to be fair, billmarioman was selling that game for $200 before he won that other auction. But everyone knows that he will be selling the new one for $200, haha. If anyone buys it, it'll be a pretty decent profit for the marioman. I've bought from billmarioman before; mostly good experience. Although he has screwed me a few times. Once was when he sold me a game with the manual partially covered, when I got the game there was an ugly sticker on the manual. Another time is when he sold me a game as new and it came in the mail opened.  :x

Marioman won a NES lot over me once that had some KOEI stuff that I was trying to get. I sent him an email asking if he might be interested in selling or trading the KOEI stuff that I didn't have but I never got a response from him of any kind...

He also won a new/sealed Sherlock Holmes over me too...

:) :evil:

Turbo D

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 11:46:39 AM »
ya, he can be pretty annoying sometimes  :x

nat

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »
f*cking ludicrous. This is the first copy of this game up in weeks/months. Higher than I've ever seen it. Don't even get me started on the seller, but who I'm really heated about is the f*ckrag that goes and buys this and enables this douchebag of a seller. And in turn, continues to support the inflation of American TurboGrafx stuff on eBay. How many people selling this game are going to look to eBay to assess the value, and use this auction as a guide? So sad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Dynastic-Hero-US-Turbo-Duo-Turbo-Grafx-16-SCD-game_W0QQitemZ120183660665

Turbo D

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 03:54:55 PM »
 :shock: thats some bull! I can't believe it. Its not that rare.  [-(

rolins

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Dynastic-Hero-US-Turbo-Duo-Turbo-Grafx-16-SCD-game_W0QQitemZ120183660665

Lol, I just remembered i sold my copy for $20 couple months back. It was very good condition too.

Turbo D

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 04:14:15 PM »
wow, lucky person who bought it

rolins

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 04:25:12 PM »
wow, lucky person who bought it

Yeah, I sold that game and major bulk of my TG16/PCE collection to an old buddy. I know those games are in good hands.

nat

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 04:35:31 PM »
Dynastic Hero is like 1 of 2 US games I still need to have a complete collection. Well, there's more than 2, but not many. Dynastic Hero and Super Air Zonk is pretty much it, and then some more common stuff like Somer Assault.

I've just been looking foreeeeeever for a decent deal on this thing.

A friend of mine gave me a "backup" a while back but I want the real thing. At this point, I'm thinking about just buying a Japanese copy and hiding the backup in it's case. I also tried to buy a US manual from TZD I could potentially stick in a Japanese case, but they're out of them.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:38:40 PM by nat »

Turbo D

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 06:08:44 PM »
I just bought the japan version to tide me over until I find a decently priced one. I hope I have some cash when I do find it, lol.