Author Topic: There is no reason to buy a PS3.  (Read 1408 times)

Kitsunexus

There is no reason to buy a PS3.
« on: November 07, 2007, 08:48:03 AM »
DYNASTY WARRIORS GUNDAM IS OUT FOR 360!!!!  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yes, this was a pointless thread. But to me IT MEANS THE WORLD!  :cry:

rag-time4

Re: There is no reason to buy a PS3.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:17:17 AM »
Pointless as the thread may be, I thought that Dynsasty Warriors Gundam looked pretty cool... but I have never been into gundam per se.

If it was like a "Dynasty Warriors Super Robot Wars" that let you play as Mazinger Z (Tranzor Z in the USA) I would be interested.

He isn't one of the playable characters in Dynasty Warriors Gundam, is he?

guyjin

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:20:10 AM »
this is true.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 11:30:49 AM »
I bought ps3  8)

TR0N

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 01:21:35 PM »
There isn't much reason to get a (PS3) at this point any ways.

Even with there so called budget model that has 40gig hd.

There's not much for it either on titles as well untile,MGS4 hit's next year.

Keep,thinking i'll save up for one but there changes in each model is crazy not to mention there prices for it  :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 01:45:28 PM »
Yeah, that pretty much was *the* PS3 game, for me at least.

Still waiting to see where the next "true" Super Robot Wars game will end up. By "true", I mean not a port of an older game that lost money the first time (like XO), and not on a handheld. Not that I didn't absolutely f*cking LOVE SRW W, I just miss playing SRW games on consoles.

The only other interesting thing on PS3 was the Top Gear test track being included in GT5, and that is a pretty small thing since GT got its ass handed to it ages ago by Sega GT, the Sega GT2002, then Forza, and then Forza 2.

Turbo D

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 01:48:53 PM »
Gran Tourismo is king of all racing simulators. Sega is king of all arcade racers.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 02:00:50 PM »
Yeah, whatever. GT just isn't that great. It started the whole GT clone craze (obviously) but it hasn't been the best at it since Sega GT on Dreamcast.

Sega, btw, isn't currently the king of anything other than shitty Sonic games.

I could go into huge detail as to why Forza completely destroys GT as a simulator, but if you were enough of a car nerd to understand the incredibly nerdy car shit I'd be going into, then you'd already feel the same way I do about Forza. I mean, if you really want to get into it, we could, but that's a lot of f*cking typing for me. I will say though that Kazunori Yamauchi didn't even have a drivers license while he was making GT1, and the game plays that way.

BTW, I don't own a PS3, or 360, and almost certainly never will, but I have played the shit out of all these games and I've come to the conclusion that Forza 1/2 is not just the first good piece of software to sport the Microsoft name, but is totally incredible in its own right.

Turbo D

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »
All sega racers have that incredible arcade racing feel that we grew up with on the arcades. Thats why I name it the arcade racer king. I haven't played  Forza as I don't own any xboxes. The thing I like most about Gran Tourismo is that it has real cars and you can fix them up with real world upgrades. It really gives you a feel of what its like to be a racer, without spending all the cash, haha. AND it was the first video game to offer this experience. I doubt anything that came from micropenisoft could be that great, but I guess I'll have to take your word for it  :wink:

Kitsunexus

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 06:27:28 PM »
Screw GT. Liscense tests suck.  I like my cars plus guns and sans wheels, ala Wipeout.

guyjin

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 08:57:50 PM »
I will say though that Kazunori Yamauchi didn't even have a drivers license while he was making GT1, and the game plays that way.

Do you have to be a martial artist to make a fighting game?

regardless, a Japanese not having a drivers licence is not a big deal - the test is super hard and the licence itself is super expensive.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

SignOfZeta

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 11:16:34 PM »
I will say though that Kazunori Yamauchi didn't even have a drivers license while he was making GT1, and the game plays that way.

Do you have to be a martial artist to make a fighting game?

Oh be serious. Street Fighter or Tekken have about as much to do with actual fighting as they do with white water rafting. GT actually sets out to be a driving simulator (says so right on the box), and does a really good job at it. It just isn't as good of a job as the Sega and MS games.

regardless, a Japanese not having a drivers licence is not a big deal - the test is super hard and the licence itself is super expensive.

Yes, I know this. It would help if a game based on driving was written by guys that know how to drive though. I consider it essential, in fact. GT focuses too much on buying your victory in the form of parts, and not enough on the settings for those parts, or the driving skill needed to win with less money. This has something to do with the amount of track time the director had (none). Well, now he has a license, and a load of cars, but the basic vibe of the game hasn't changed. The Ultimate Shopping Simulator, more like.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 01:04:58 AM »
Allthough virtua fighter 5 is amazing.  Thats about it for me, I doubt I will buy the PS Trizzle just for that......

Kitsunexus

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 01:10:41 AM »
Allthough virtua fighter 5 is amazing.  Thats about it for me, I doubt I will buy the PS Trizzle just for that......

VF5 is/was 360 bound last time I checked???

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/752/752074p1.html

Turbo D

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 11:11:04 AM »
isn't it already out for 360  :-k The grafx on that game are amazing. At times I wondered if it was real or just a game, lol.