Author Topic: Crystalis  (Read 687 times)

SNKNostalgia

Re: Crystalis
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 07:54:15 AM »
Here is the thing with the Gameboy Color version though.... The intro is nicer with more animations and more in depth story, but all the music was taken away from the game and completely redone by Nintendo. It is a damn shame, almost ruins the game's original experience. So beware of the Gameboy Color version, I still held on to my NES version since 1990.

FM-77

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 08:58:27 AM »
I have wanted to play this game for years. But I have two questions:

1. Does it have battery back-up?
2. Sell it to me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 09:11:10 AM »
And I have two answers:

1. Yes.
2. No.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 10:10:41 AM »
Here is the thing with the Gameboy Color version though.... The intro is nicer with more animations and more in depth story, but all the music was taken away from the game and completely redone by Nintendo. It is a damn shame, almost ruins the game's original experience. So beware of the Gameboy Color version, I still held on to my NES version since 1990.
Ahh that sucks, I was interested in the Gameboy Color version when it was first announced. The music in Crystalis was something I really liked too.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

grahf

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 03:04:09 PM »
Here is the thing with the Gameboy Color version though.... ...all the music was taken away from the game and completely redone by Nintendo. ...I still held on to my NES version since 1990.
Ahhh, I know they re-did the ending and some other story elements, but I didnt know about the music. I'll still pick it up, just to have in my tiny gameboy collection (its just a little stack of games, not so much a collection :lol:). I still have an original for NES as well. Man, what a great system the NES is. Like that really needs saying :D.

GUTS

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 04:55:51 AM »
The new music is f*cking terrible too, it did ruin the game for me.  It sounds like they hired an amateur to do it- the music itself is really bad and the sound quality is equally horrible. 

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 05:18:25 AM »
Yeah it is pretty bad what they did with the music. I still need to sit down and play through it to see the extras. Plus what sucks is that there is no 2nd controller warp trick like on the NES version, man that was a time saver since the dungeon maps can be a pain in the ass to navigate. I think I will break this game out on NES again today after I learn the rest of The Grudge from TOOL on my bass. I picked up Shatter Hand and Little Nemo: Dream Master for NES, fun games.

GUTS

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 05:28:45 AM »
Little Nemo is so hard, I could never beat get past like level 4 I think on that one.