Author Topic: The "ART of FIGHTING" Anthology!  (Read 962 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: The "ART of FIGHTING" Anthology!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 08:40:34 PM »
My six-slot would be:

Blazing Star

Bust-A-Move

Neo Bomberman

The Last Blade 2

Twinkle Star Sprites

Viewpoint

guyjin

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 08:44:26 PM »
i keep forgetting there's a neo geo bomberman game... mostly 'cuz I've never seen it. Is it any good?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Kitsunexus

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 08:49:10 PM »
i keep forgetting there's a neo geo bomberman game... mostly 'cuz I've never seen it. Is it any good?

YES. Yes it is.

bust3dstr8

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 02:40:57 AM »
SamSho II
Money Exchanger
Super Dodgeball
Pulstar
Strikers+
Slug
Clowns Suck

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 07:50:23 AM »
My six-slot would be:

Blazing Star

Bust-A-Move

Neo Bomberman

The Last Blade 2

Twinkle Star Sprites

Viewpoint

Good list! XD

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 08:39:09 AM »
Well, there's a grip of SNK anthology's coming out next year.  I know there's a Samurai Showdown collection(don't know if it includes the RPG, probably not :( ), & I'll be getting that for sure!  I think there's a Fatal Fury collection, & maybe a couple of King of Fighter's collections.  I think Magician Lord is also coming on some collection....or was that a dream I had?

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »
Man I am glad they are finally doing stuff like this,but at the same time I'm more glad I have carts already,because the collections always have imperfections that annoy me.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 10:20:23 AM »
Especially when Digital Eclipse does the emulation.  They don't give a rat's ass about getting the sound right.

TR0N

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
Yes it is i have it but it is realy easy.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 04:31:24 PM »
Especially when Digital Eclipse does the emulation.  They don't give a rat's ass about getting the sound right.

You're joking, right?  :shock: DE's PSP emulators have FANTASTIC sound, especially listening with headphones.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 05:01:23 PM »
I don't know about PSP, but their emulators for Xbox and Xbox360 have all sucked ass. Oh, and PS2 as well.  I guess it helps to know what the originals sound like.  ;)

Kitsunexus

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 05:07:36 PM »
I don't know about PSP, but their emulators for Xbox and Xbox360 have all sucked ass. Oh, and PS2 as well.  I guess it helps to know what the originals sound like.  ;)

I did an A/B test with my Genesis and my PSP using Sonic 2's sound test. Right on the money, baby.  8)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »
Do an A/B test with the Capcom Collection for PS2/Xbox and the real arcade.  It's usually the sound effects that are screwed up as I think they just record the music into a file instead of generating it.  Digital Eclipse = ass.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
It's usually the sound effects that are screwed up as I think they just record the music into a file instead of generating it.

Exactly, you are correct. However on the SEGA Collection, the sound is actually emulated, they even credit Steve Snake for the YM2612 core in the credits!

But I can forgive Capcom Classics Collection though, because Quiz and Dragons is in my top 10 games of EVER list.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 08:08:47 AM »
It's usually the sound effects that are screwed up as I think they just record the music into a file instead of generating it.

Exactly, you are correct. However on the SEGA Collection, the sound is actually emulated, they even credit Steve Snake for the YM2612 core in the credits!

But I can forgive Capcom Classics Collection though, because Quiz and Dragons is in my top 10 games of EVER list.

Actually the music on the Sega Genesis collection is Streamed off of the disc. The way I know this is that the music was skipping until I resurfaced the disc even though there were no visible scratches to begin with (Weird). Ever notice when you play Phantasy Star 4 the music doesn't stop right when a battle ends? Also, laser beams don't make the Beeewwww sound. Other than that game, the overall emulation is pretty good.

One thing that makes me mad is how DE did the worst job ever on TMNT Arcade for X-box 360. No video (other than resize), sound or game options and you only get 1 life so when you die like every 15 seconds on some of the bosses the music starts over after the continue screen.