Author Topic: DRAGON'S LAIR  (Read 1132 times)

MissaFX

Re: DRAGON'S LAIR
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 06:37:43 PM »
Ninja Hayate and Time Gal have nearly flawless conversions on the PS1. They also come in the same package ^_^  There was another 2 CD, LD game pack sold at the same time too, but I wanted Time Gal and had to choose between them.  The other pack had Thunder Storm and Road Blaster I believe.

The 3DO has a better version of Brain Dead 13 imo than the PS1 sadly and so I only play it on the 3DO now.  The constant popping in the audio in the PS1 version is something I really wish the company had worked out before releasing it.

I wish they would release some PS2 LD game conversions especially of games like Dragon's Lair II or Pyramid Patrol.  I would also love to see a conversion of the six person, dual LD game of Starblade (actually there are 2 different Starblade games like this)...but I highly doubt that is ever going to happen :(  Oh and I would love a nearly flawless console version of Space Ace.  I am annoyed that I have never found a console version of this game which doesn't break up the game play each time you die.  I am so much more used to the arcade feel where you die, get laughed at, sometimes called a creep and then are playing again so fast that the background song present it much of the game seems seemless from one life to the next. 

The PS1 version of Time Gal is a perfect example of how to convert a LD game to a home console though, I cannot recommend it enough.  Sadly it isn't cheap to buy.  I just looked on ebay and someone wants over 100 dollars for it.  Although I think the game was 7,800 yen retail.  It might have been 6,800, but I do remember it was more expensive than most other PS1 games.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 06:42:07 PM »
Ninja Hayate and Time Gal have nearly flawless conversions on the PS1. They also come in the same package ^_^  There was another 2 CD, LD game pack sold at the same time too, but I wanted Time Gal and had to choose between them.  The other pack had Thunder Storm and Road Blaster I believe.

The 3DO has a better version of Brain Dead 13 imo than the PS1 sadly and so I only play it on the 3DO now.  The constant popping in the audio in the PS1 version is something I really wish the company had worked out before releasing it.

I wish they would release some PS2 LD game conversions especially of games like Dragon's Lair II or Pyramid Patrol.  I would also love to see a conversion of the six person, dual LD game of Starblade (actually there are 2 different Starblade games like this)...but I highly doubt that is ever going to happen :(  Oh and I would love a nearly flawless console version of Space Ace.  I am annoyed that I have never found a console version of this game which doesn't break up the game play each time you die.  I am so much more used to the arcade feel where you die, get laughed at, sometimes called a creep and then are playing again so fast that the background song present it much of the game seems seemless from one life to the next. 

The PS1 version of Time Gal is a perfect example of how to convert a LD game to a home console though, I cannot recommend it enough.  Sadly it isn't cheap to buy.  I just looked on ebay and someone wants over 100 dollars for it.  Although I think the game was 7,800 yen retail.  It might have been 6,800, but I do remember it was more expensive than most other PS1 games.

Missa, you rock.  8)

MissaFX

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 05:36:30 AM »
Missa, you rock.  8)
:oops:

When I was young, my dad would go to a bar called Charlie's Pool Hall.  It had 2 large counters, multiple tables, pool tables, pinball machines and some arcade machines.  Games like Dragon's Lair were burned into my young mind, granted that was a game I usually watched adults play.  I actually don't have any memories of playing with other children there.  But anyways, I played a lot of pinball, I would usually use the left flipper standing on a large crate and I would have someone else play the other flipper for me since I couldn't reach around to use both.  I also have a lot of memories playing different Galaxian (hope my spelling is correct there) clones, which is where I think my love for 2-d shooters comes from.  The LD games I saw there though (and played sometimes) really touched a deep emotional part of me, and so I feel most nostalgic about them.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

TR0N

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 03:16:38 PM »
Now if some body get the rights to cliff hanger.
Of...corse the problem it use the footage from the movie castle of cagliostro.
Wich being a,Lupin the 3rd movie that would be a matter of rights  :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dark Fact

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 03:56:50 PM »
Quote from: TRON

Wich being a,Lupin the 3rd movie that would be a matter of rights  Razz

The rights to Castle of Cagliostro is in the hands of Manga entertainment while the other footage comes from the movie Mystery of Mamo which is in the hands of Geneon entertainment.  It's highly unlikely the game will ever see a re-release.  Besides, it was just a hack job of the Lupin games anyway.
Quote from: Missa
When I was young, my dad would go to a bar called Charlie's Pool Hall.  It had 2 large counters, multiple tables, pool tables, pinball machines and some arcade machines.  Games like Dragon's Lair were burned into my young mind, granted that was a game I usually watched adults play.  I actually don't have any memories of playing with other children there.  But anyways, I played a lot of pinball, I would usually use the left flipper standing on a large crate and I would have someone else play the other flipper for me since I couldn't reach around to use both.  I also have a lot of memories playing different Galaxian (hope my spelling is correct there) clones, which is where I think my love for 2-d shooters comes from.  The LD games I saw there though (and played sometimes) really touched a deep emotional part of me, and so I feel most nostalgic about them.

Did you play GORF? :D

GOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRF!

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

TR0N

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 04:44:50 PM »
Quote from: TRON

Wich being a,Lupin the 3rd movie that would be a matter of rights  Razz

The rights to Castle of Cagliostro is in the hands of Manga entertainment while the other footage comes from the movie Mystery of Mamo which is in the hands of Geneon entertainment.  It's highly unlikely the game will ever see a re-release.  Besides, it was just a hack job of the Lupin games anyway.
Quote from: Missa

Did you play GORF? :D

GOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRF!

I know who has the rights to,Lupin in the u.s beside geneon there is funimation as well.

It's one big mess right there.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec