Author Topic: Sad Fact.  (Read 805 times)

guyjin

Sad Fact.
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:30:14 PM »
http://nexgenwars.com/gaming_news/540/PlayStation-3-hits-6-Million-Sales-WorldWide

The playstation 3 has already sold 6 million consoles.

The Sega Saturn sold 6 million consoles in it's entire liftetime.

there's no accounting for taste.  [-(
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Kitsunexus

Re: Sad Fact.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 06:41:58 PM »
I DEMAND A RECOUNT!  :lol:

But to Sony's credit, even though the PS3 sucks major balls, THEY STICK BEHIND THEIR CONSOLES.

*classroom goes OOOOOOOOOOOOH....*

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 01:59:29 AM »
Not surprising, considering the bang up job Sega did of screwing over third party developers by providing shit development tools and launching the system early.  And don't forget the way they gouged customers by overpricing the system and then quickly dropping support to focus on the Dreamcast.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 07:53:14 AM »
ya, damn you Sega! I bought the saturn and then they quit supporting it. I was screwed! But for some reason, I went back to sega when they released the dreamcast, haha. You'd think that I'd have learned my lesson.  :x

nat

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 10:06:08 AM »
You went back because the Dreamcast is awesome.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 10:18:24 AM »
The Dreamcast IS awesome, but let's face it, they could have come out with "Money Printing Station Deluxe" and they would have still failed. You just don't go around crying wolf, because eventually, no one is going to listen.

Turbo D

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 11:26:39 AM »
dreamcast didn't fail in Japan. It was a bad-ass system too. The sonic games were amazing for their time. I really loved JetGrindRadio. I have actually browsed and posted in this forum with my dreamcast and bba  8)

On another note; ps3 is awesome too 8)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »
The Saturn did better in Japan than the Dreamcast did, if I recall.  The Dreamcast was dropped by Sega quickly and with little warning.  The Saturn was the slightly better system (not as far as tech specs go, but as far as gaming goes).

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 11:51:37 AM »
The DC was more successful in the US than it was in Japan. It was the Saturn that was a one sided hit. A US-only Saturn collection isn't very good.

I "went back" because both the DC and Saturn were f*cking amazing consoles which entertain me to this day. Between the PCE, SS, and DC I seriously wonder if I'll live long enough to play all the great software.

Anyway, the PS3 f*cking sucks. The fact that you payed God knows what for it doesn't change that fact. It will only become "good" when games come out for it, and that only happens with a huge installed user base, and that only happens because so many people bought a shitty console betting it will become good, and kill off the better machines that actually have games. This all happened before with the PS2, and I'm pretty sure it will happen again, although this time there isn't anything even half as cool as the DC, so I personally don't give a f*ck who succeeds.

Well, I guess I hope its Nintendo because if their current success continues it will mean that people actually bought a machine for the games, instead of stats, or "me too" syndrome. If Nintendo can kick ass with an underpowered system like the Wii, its a victory for games rather than hype, bribery, violence, and all the other shit that sells.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 12:22:37 PM »
Although to it's credit I think it's the cheapest Blu-Ray player out there... :lol:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 12:49:08 PM »
Which is why most people buy the damn thing in the first place.  It's pretty much the only reason I want it.  Also, stand-alone BluRay players are of supposedly inferior quality to the PS3.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 12:55:07 PM »
Also, stand-alone BluRay players are of supposedly inferior quality to the PS3.

Say WHAAAAAAAT!?   :shock:

nat

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 01:12:22 PM »
I agree 100% with everything Zeta just said.

Keranu

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 02:44:18 PM »
Yeah I think Zeta finally made a post that a lot of people can finally agree to.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

SignOfZeta

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »
There are at least 6 million people that don't agree with me.