Author Topic: Sad Fact.  (Read 810 times)

Turbo D

Re: Sad Fact.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 03:04:08 PM »
I don't know why you think the ps3 sucks, it really is a great console. The games that are out for it are insanely fun. The grafx are amazing! It has so many capabilities out of the box.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 03:09:03 PM »
I like my PS3, but, I only got it now, because it was relatively dirt cheap with the offer I got.  Cost me less to get the 60 Gig, then it costs to get the new 40 Gig, not to mention, it costs cheaper then what the Saturn was released at.  But, plus, I don't have to pay it off for a year, so, it was a good time to get one.  Though, basically, I'm waiting for certain games, that, will mostly, if not entierly be Sony exclusives, like Jak 4, Suikoden 6, MGS 4, Wild Arms 6, stuff like that.  I have no immediate plans to buy any games for awhile though.

Turbo D

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 03:19:27 PM »
Ridge Racer 7 is bad-ass! So is Ratchet and Clank. Those games will keep you happy for a loooong time  :)

Kitsunexus

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »
There are at least 6 million people that don't agree with me.

I agree, PS3 sucks, it has no games and I hate BluRay. DC and Saturn rock, but it would be idiotic to call them anything but failures.

Turbo D

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 03:37:50 PM »
I take it you have never played ratchet and clank?  :-k

Kitsunexus

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 03:55:30 PM »
I take it you have never played ratchet and clank?  :-k

What, you mean the PS2 game? Why yes, I have played the PS2 game! PS3 SUCKS.

Turbo D

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 04:17:09 PM »
the ps3 version is really good, I think you'd like it  :)

nat

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 04:39:46 PM »
There are at least 6 million people that don't agree with me.

I agree, PS3 sucks, it has no games and I hate BluRay. DC and Saturn rock, but it would be idiotic to call them anything but failures.

Commercial failures, sure. Poor market execution does not equal poor product, though. The American TurboGrafx falls into the same category.

As far as I'm concerned, Sony's day in the sun will come to an end when the PS2 fizzles out. When all is said and done, I believe the PS3 will lose the current console race in a solid 3rd place. I also personally believe HD-DVD will surface as the next-gen video medium, for better or for worse, over Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray will become the next BetaMax, further sealing the PS3's fate.

I personally bought a Wii over a 360 or PS3 because of what Zeta mentioned-- the gaming aspect. Call the Wii's controls a "gimmick" if you want, but it's a gimmick that got this guy interested in the current generation of video games. I've had the time of my f*cking life playing some relatively simple games on Wii Sports and the Wii Play package due the more interactive nature of the controls. Playing the Wii is a unique experience that transcends any kind of graphical limitations.

guyjin

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »
I don't know why you think the ps3 sucks, it really is a great console. The games that are out for it are insanely fun. The grafx are amazing! It has so many capabilities out of the box.

From what I've seen, there isn't much on it that isn't also on the 360. which suits me fine 'cuz my roomate has a 360 :)

Quote from: nat
As far as I'm concerned, Sony's day in the sun will come to an end when the PS2 fizzles out.

I find it interesting that, if your (and my, and many others) prediction comes to pass, no console maker will have managed to make 3 'winning' systems in a row. Do people just get tired of one company?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Turbo D

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 05:30:37 PM »

From what I've seen, there isn't much on it that isn't also on the 360. which suits me fine 'cuz my roomate has a 360 :)

The 360 has great games and grafx. I'm just saying that the ps3 does too. The exclusives are very nice.

guyjin

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 05:34:11 PM »
The 360 has great games and grafx. I'm just saying that the ps3 does too. The exclusives are very nice.

All 7 of them? :wink:

Turbo D

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 05:41:12 PM »
haha, they are pretty good though. I only own five exclusives and four others. Thats $540 in software  :shock: I love my ps3  :)

Keranu

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 05:46:58 PM »
I personally bought a Wii over a 360 or PS3 because of what Zeta mentioned-- the gaming aspect. Call the Wii's controls a "gimmick" if you want, but it's a gimmick that got this guy interested in the current generation of video games. I've had the time of my f*cking life playing some relatively simple games on Wii Sports and the Wii Play package due the more interactive nature of the controls. Playing the Wii is a unique experience that transcends any kind of graphical limitations.
I don't like Wii Play much, but the tank game is pure old skool fun! They should make a full game based off of it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

guyjin

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 05:53:56 PM »
this is one of the things I like about the current gen: minigames. Lots of fun little things that wouldn't justify $49.95 by themselves, but they're still amusing.  :)

Turbo D

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 05:57:56 PM »
Ya, those wii sports and wii play look mighty fun! I'll have to try them at a friends house.