Author Topic: The Drunken incoherant ramblings of golgo 13  (Read 620 times)

Golgo13

Re: The Drunken incoherant ramblings of golgo 13
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 05:30:28 AM »
After thinking about this for a while, this sounds like Golgo was walking around in the mall with a little Captain in him and he walks into this Gamestop, right?  So he's all "WASSSSSUP" and this kid who's just playing around on the 360 (probably Rock Band, the little MTV cretins) was all "Not again..".

So Golgo, thinking this kid was a hot chick (when in fact he was a 13-year old fat acne-ridden boy) was all "SO YOU LIKE XBOX!?" to which the kid replies "Yeah..." . And Golgo is all "XBOX SUCKS, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TURBO GRAFX! THATS DA BOMBSHIZZLE! TURBO GRAFX POWER!" And they made some jokes about the TG-16 being an ancient relic and how Golgo must be a time traveler from the future and Golgo gets all mad and falls over and wakes up next to the train tracks.

That's my theory, anyways...

Thats quite a theory, but your way off, actually now that im sober again, I am surprised I used so much profanity.  But when I first heard about "Xbox" I thought it was some kind of joke, like a fake name somebody in one of the video game mags came up with.  It just did not seem real to me that somebody could come up with a name for something so stupid.  The 360 is an improvement for sure, but how the hell could it not be, and I guess i am just bitter about how games now are not pick up and play anymore and now is all about having 10 buttons and just simply improving graphics.

Turbo D

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 06:56:26 AM »
Ya, when I first heard of "xbox," I thought it was a code name for the console. lol. I should have known better. It was huge too! wtf?  :lol:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 08:01:18 AM »
At least the name didn't get gayer (i.e. Revolution ending up as Wii).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Kitsunexus

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 08:56:45 AM »
I thought the Xbox wouldn't be the real name either, but I never thought it was stupid, because I just thought it was like "Xtreme Box", a.k.a. a specialized high-power PC designed just for gaming.

And in a sense, it was.

Turbo D

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 02:12:02 PM »
At least the name didn't get gayer (i.e. Revolution ending up as Wii).

Ya, I can't get over how gay that ended up  [-( I mean it was bad-ass at first; it was called the revolution and it was black. Now its called a Wii, wtf is that, haha. The games seem to entertain people though, so I guess it doesn't matter.

MissaFX

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 05:58:54 AM »
I own an xbox, it makes a great emulator system.  I have Killer Instinct I and II, all my sega CD games since my sega CDX was stolen many years ago.  It also plays many LD arcade games.

Very few of the xbox games are worth playing, but it makes a nice little TV computer to run other games.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08