Author Topic: TurboDUO prices  (Read 282 times)

Meesterjojo

TurboDUO prices
« on: November 29, 2007, 06:56:08 AM »
Just curious, trying to get a feel for the value of my system.

I have a twice used TurboDUO still in the original box, which is pretty darn perfect I might add. I have a few add-on bits like a converter card, a memory bank, and a modded controller.

I have some nice games, but I'm more curious about the system. I haven't touched it in years and years, and it sits bundled up inside of another protective box. Thinking about selling it.

Thanks!

Turbo D

Re: TurboDUO prices
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:11:01 AM »
look for $300 and up on ebay if its darn perfect. If you sold it on here, look for around $150 to $200.

Meesterjojo

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 07:24:52 AM »
Well, since it's devalued a bit I might as well bust it out.

I'm currently using this nasty brown converter for some games, looks like a purple barney, but brown. Any idea where I can get a Kisado? Or is there something newer nowadays?

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 07:37:30 AM »
kisado is supposed to be the best, but is really hard to find. The purple barney you have apparently came in different colors, mine is brown too, haha. I don't know about where to send you for a converter since they are hard to find. If you don't mind modding the system, a few members on this forum will mod it for you. With the mod, all you have to do is push a switch(located wherever you want) to change the region. Probably the easiest and cheapest way. But if you don't want to mod the system ( which most people don't if its super mint), then just keep an eye out for a kisado.

Meesterjojo

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 07:41:40 AM »
No doubt. Thing is, funny enough, I'm considering selling my NeoGeo, equally beautiful, fully modded, and has component/S-video outputs on it, but I don't want to sell the DUO. I hate having to insert that clunky purple barney just to use my memory bank- I've already had to shave down the adapter so it won't scratch up the HuCard slot. ugh.

Well, maybe I'll try to find someone on here to mod this thing for me!

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 07:46:13 AM »
ya, that barney is a pain on the hucard door of a duo. I wouldn't ever sell my duo either. I believe the member d-lite is still doing console mods. He also sells a chip if you want to do it yourself. You can do it with out the chip and instead with an 8-pole switch. The chip allows for a smaller switch. Its up to you.

D-Lite

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 09:42:22 AM »
ya, that barney is a pain on the hucard door of a duo. I wouldn't ever sell my duo either. I believe the member d-lite is still doing console mods. He also sells a chip if you want to do it yourself. You can do it with out the chip and instead with an 8-pole switch. The chip allows for a smaller switch. Its up to you.
I have both the chips and the 8PDT switch so you can do it yourself or I can do it.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

ceti alpha

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 02:31:16 AM »
I have both the chips and the 8PDT switch so you can do it yourself or I can do it.

Could I get hold of you early in the new year for a mod D-Lite?  :) I'm dying to introduce my Duo to some PC Engine games.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

geepee16

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 06:53:30 AM »
The Duo in such a nice box...are the original pack-in titles included with it? the Gate of Thunder disc, Ys I & II, and whatever chip game?  that would greatly affect the amount you could get for it.  if you have all of that, expect to get no less than $250.  it's a fair price and an indication that the Duo has retained most of its original value (it originally sold for $299.99).  the barney convertor could probably bring you an extra $20-$30 at most. 

if you are thinking of keeping it, there are two excellent convertors out there. one is the kisado which you probably won't find very cheap.  the other looks very much like it.  it was made by telegames and sold by tzd a few years back.  the name escapes me at the moment but it's that long orange diving board type and works just as well as the kisado.  i believe telegames UK still has them in stock for GBP 25 (about USD50 which is half their usual price). 

i strongly recommend keeping it for two reasons:

1. it doesn't seem as though you've seen much of what made the console so great if you only have a few games and played it twice. there's a lot of gaming enjoyment and it will be virtually impossible to get a console is such good condition as yours is in again (at a fair price)

2. even if you don't want to play it or get great games for it, it's value will continue to go up.  this market has a lot of collectors in it who will want a nice console with a nice box.  these can only become rarer in time.  a word to the wise though, if and when you do sell it, make sure you define 'darn good' because buyers in this market are willing to pay but they also know what they are buying. 

a note about the mod you are considering.  i don't have a modded duo but those i know with one are thrilled with it.  i have never heard a complaint.

good luck.