Author Topic: Ape Escape 3: WTF...  (Read 431 times)

Kitsunexus

Ape Escape 3: WTF...
« on: December 01, 2007, 05:44:53 PM »
OK, so I thought it was weird that my shrinkwrapped Ape Escape 3 had a false cover written in French and came with an extra French manual, but I was reading about the name changes on Wikipedia and it's like HOLY SHIT, I have the European version!  :shock:

I didn't even THINK a European game would work on my PS2, it's BIZARRE. 0_o

rolins

Re: Ape Escape 3: WTF...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 06:14:53 PM »
It happens. I once bought a Nvidia Geforce4 card at local store, and it came w/ a euro version of Morrowind. I didn't realize it until I tried to apply the U.S patches and it wouldn't work.

Still, that's really odd that a PAL game works on your PS2 w/o a swap magic or modchip. Maybe, the factory goofed you really have a US-NTSC version in a french package.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
It happens. I once bought a Nvidia Geforce4 card at local store, and it came w/ a euro version of Morrowind. I didn't realize it until I tried to apply the U.S patches and it wouldn't work.

Still, that's really odd that a PAL game works on your PS2 w/o a swap magic or modchip. Maybe, the factory goofed you really have a US-NTSC version in a french package.

I think so... it's really odd though. Not as odd as the fact that I picked it up at a truck stop that I pass by and get a Dr. Pepper everyday going to work. I guess truckers like to play games too? ¯\(º_o)/¯

Joe Redifer

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 06:34:09 PM »
You could have gotten the US version.  Nintendo games now come jam-packed with a shitload of extra languages since it is not politically correct to speak English any more.  We must cater to everyone else and their needs (similar to how only straight white males can be prejudiced in any way and everyone else needs government aid/protection/special rights).  French is one of the languages included. 

Kitsunexus

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »
You could have gotten the US version.  Nintendo games now come jam-packed with a shitload of extra languages since it is not politically correct to speak English any more.  We must cater to everyone else and their needs (similar to how only straight white males can be prejudiced in any way and everyone else needs government aid/protection/special rights).  French is one of the languages included. 

But usually, the games don't include false covers entirely in French...  :-k

rolins

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 06:44:19 PM »

And you didn't notice it was in french when you bought it? When you buy a game you can't help but read the back cover.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 06:55:34 PM »

And you didn't notice it was in french when you bought it? When you buy a game you can't help but read the back cover.

Actually, I was seriously looking for cheap PS2 games so I wouldn't be playing Black and Raiden 3 for a month, and it was a tossup between Ape Escape 3 and some dumb game called Technic Beat. And my exact thoughts were "MONKEYS NEVER FAIL!" so I grabbed the box without reading the back. It was only on the way home that I was like, "WTF, SACRE BLEU! OHOHOHOH!".

Turbo D

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »
lol, thats cool that it works on your ntsc ps2. maybe you have some sort of rare version  :-k

SuperDeadite

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 07:33:11 PM »
It could be the Canadian version.  I think all games in Canada are required to have French by law.  USA and Canada are the same region
code too.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Turbo D

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 10:14:39 PM »
So that explains it! Its just a canadian version  :lol:

Kitsunexus

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 02:18:23 PM »
Whatever version this is, this game rules! You couldn't make it more addicting if you put cocaine in it!