Author Topic: Why T-Mobile Sucks  (Read 744 times)

rag-time4

Re: Why T-Mobile Sucks
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »
This is really interesting for me... I'm moving out soon and planning on getting a cellphone.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 05:12:07 PM »
I have AT&T/Cingular and the couple of times I have called their customer service, it's been really good.  This one woman stayed on the phone with me for quite some time as we went through why I couldn't send images from my phone and stuff, and we got it working.  I also had to fix a caller ID issue (my name was showing up wrong on phones I called).  Good service, but that was when it was Cingular.  It'll probably start sucking ass now that it's AT&T.  The bigger the company, the more the ass-suckage.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 05:28:40 PM »
Meet the new monopoly, same as the old monopoly

I'm totally calling the battleship

nat

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 05:32:26 PM »
I have Verizon, which is meh, but every other carrier I hear about is worse.

I used to have Verizon before T-Mobile and I seriously regret switching, as you can see from my testimonial.

Turbo D

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 06:35:26 PM »
I regret switching to sprint from verizon. Thats testimonial #2 for you. I'd recommend either at&t or verizon. I can't wait till my sprint contract is up.

nat

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 03:40:16 AM »
The only reason we switched to T-Mobile was because a) all our friends use T-Mobile, thus we get free mobile-to-mobile. And b) the plan rates for T-Mobile were a better deal for our money than Verizon.

After having just gone through this whole ordeal, I would happily sign back up with Verizon and pay a few extra bucks a month for superior service.

EDIT: Everyone check out this link: http://www.techography.com/article.php?story=2003102908424382  [-(

Also here: http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/001719.html

Apparently I am not alone out there. Unfortunately, I didn't do enough research before blindly signing with T-Mobile.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 04:19:33 AM by nat »

Turbo D

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 02:41:05 PM »
same reason I left verizon. Seems I am paying more now though. I would glady go back too as the service really is superior.

rag-time4

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 03:04:04 PM »
OK, after reading the comments from Turbo D and Nat I decided to go with Verizon.

Today, I wanted to download a rag-time MIDI file for my ringtone (what can I say, I'm weird and I like rag-time)...

Apparently, the only ringtones I can download are the ones on their lists of downloadable ringtones. I can access the MIDI file I want through the web browser, and I can play the MIDI file on my phone right off the web, but I can't download the MIDI and use it as my ringtone.

So just a minute ago I called Verizon's customer service. My problem is pretty straightforward, but the lady on the other line had no idea how to help me.

At first she told me how to use the lists to look up available ringtones by song name or artist, etc etc.... which wasn't what I want to do at all. I want a tune from this website, not from the official lists of available tunes.

After spending quite a while with the service lady and not really getting anywhere, she hung up on me.

So I'm not really happy with Verizon. Why can't I download a simple MIDI file off the web?

I think I'm going to return the phone tomorrow where I got it if they're unable to help me solve the problem.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 03:17:04 PM »
Just email a MIDI to your phone dude, your phone will read it as an MMS. something like yournumber@verizon.net....

rag-time4

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 03:24:06 PM »
Just email a MIDI to your phone dude, your phone will read it as an MMS. something like yournumber@verizon.net....

That's what the guy at the verizon store suggested I do today, but I don't know how to access that email. He said yournumber@vzwpix.com but when I tried it the email was returned.

I've tried also sending the mail to my hotmail address with the MIDI as an attachment. I can view the mail, and I can see that there is an attached file, but I can't download the file to my phone.

rag-time4

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 03:26:47 PM »
There's a thing online that I found that lets you upload media from your PC to a picture/video message, but it rejects the MIDI file because it's longer than 60 seconds.

rag-time4

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 03:38:27 PM »
AHHH With a little persistence I got it!

I think what happened earlier with the returned email was that my account hadn't been set up yet.

Still the lady I talked with wasn't helpful at all LOL. I was very polite and didn't get mad at all. She hung up on me more as a wave of the white flag  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 03:40:04 PM by rag-time4 »