Author Topic: Taito actually makes good games!  (Read 1235 times)

Kitsunexus

Taito actually makes good games!
« on: December 09, 2007, 04:55:55 PM »
Wow. I picked up Taito Legends 1 & 2 on Friday, and before that, Taito was only OK to me. Sure, they made the Bubble Bobble series, Darius, NinjaWarriors, etc and OF COURSE Space Invaders... but I was of the opinion that these were their only standout games.

Boy was I wrong. I beat Space Invaders '95 and RAPED Cameltry (which is actually kinda better on the SNES) and damn are there EVER more cool games.

I didn't know Cacoma Knight In Bizyland was a rip-off of Volfied/Qix, Volfied has been taking up a lot of my time as has been Space Gun (which I have played in arcades before and was blown away then as I am now, that game RULES).

All the F3 system games kick ass, I didn't know it had a Ensoniq soundchip in it! Puchi Carat is hella fun, and Arabian Magic/Dungeon Magic are nigh-PERFECT beat em' ups.  Elevator Action II pwns the SHIT out of EA1.

Also, Liquid Kids and Plump Pop are highly weird, but still kept me playing for hours, as well as Zoo Keeper and The New Zealand Story. But why all the fuss over Rainbow Islands? That game isn't that great.

Taito is probably now one of my favorite developers. Hopefully they come out with Taito Legends 3, and hopefully THAT INCLUDES NINJAWARRIORS!!!

Turbo D

Re: Taito actually makes good games!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
I like them too  :)  8)

guyjin

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 05:44:14 PM »
I can't think of a Taito game that sucks. I could go looking, though.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Tatsujin

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 05:46:18 PM »
best game ever made by taito > Rastan Saga! god i love that game since my childhood. the music, the grafx, the atmosphere..it's a perfect game (beside the slight awkward control). what a shame they did to its sequel, which can call itself one of the worst game, and for very sure, the worst sequel ever!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Kitsunexus

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 05:50:33 PM »
best game ever made by taito > Rastan Saga! god i love that game since my childhood. the music, the grafx, the atmosphere..it's a perfect game (beside the slight awkward control). what a shame they did to its sequel, which can call itself one of the worst game, and for very sure, the worst sequel ever!

You mean Nastan Warriors? I found myself enjoying that game, and it's soundtrack.

Tatsujin

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 05:55:14 PM »
maybe the american name was Nastan Warriors ( :lol: ) but in japan as well as europe it was called Rastan Saga :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

guyjin

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 05:55:25 PM »
No, he does mean Rastan saga.

And rastan saga 2 does suck. Bad Taito! bad!  [-X
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Kitsunexus

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »

My bad, it was Nastar Warrior (Rastan backwards for whatever reason) it IS Rastan Saga 2, and I actually like the game.

nat

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »
Liquid Kids is one of the best games, ever. It was a psuedo-spinoff of the Bubble Bobble series. It was supposedly have been named "Bubble Bobble 4" before it finally got released. I was lucky enough to play an actual cab of it back in the '90s in some dirt town in the middle of the desert somewhere in eastern Washington. The Turbo/PCE port is damn good, too. Very close to the arcade.

And yeah, I agree about Rainbow Islands. Parasol Stars (Bubble Bobble 3) is just sooo much better.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 06:08:59 PM »
I can't think of a Taito game that sucks.

Gladiator/Golden Castle.

Liquid Kids is one of the best games, ever. It was a psuedo-spinoff of the Bubble Bobble series. It was supposedly have been named "Bubble Bobble 4" before it finally got released. I was lucky enough to play an actual cab of it back in the '90s in some dirt town in the middle of the desert somewhere in eastern Washington. The Turbo/PCE port is damn good, too. Very close to the arcade.

And yeah, I agree about Rainbow Islands. Parasol Stars (Bubble Bobble 3) is just sooo much better.

HELL YES!

Kitsunexus

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 06:17:54 PM »
OH MY GOLDFISH, THEY MADE A TAITO LEGENDS FOR PSP, AND IT HAS AN ENHANCED VERSION OF CAMELTRY! YAAAAY! I MUST GET THIS!

BTW, I wiped out Cameltry Special Course on Very Hard in 15 minutes. I love that game.

Tatsujin

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 06:19:41 PM »

My bad, it was Nastar Warrior (Rastan backwards for whatever reason) it IS Rastan Saga 2, and I actually like the game.

so then, how do you think about its prequel? if you like nastar, then rastan have to be your game made just for you by the dear lord himself!
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Kitsunexus

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 06:28:51 PM »

so then, how do you think about its prequel? if you like nastar, then rastan have to be your game made just for you by the dear lord himself!

I actually like 2 better, really, but TBH both are great hack and slash games. They pwn Golden Axe, that's for sure.

Tatsujin

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 07:25:16 PM »
I actually like 2 better, really.

wow..that's now somelike surprising and quite ununderstable for me, since part one rules so much more in any ways. part 2 shows up with one of the most ugly sprite ever created with human hands. the gameplay sucks and the overall grafx is such uninspiring and miserable dull. this desaster, i can never forgive taito. not just for the bad sequel, but also they decided to bring this fiasko on the PC Engine instead of the superior part 1 :cry:
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Joe Redifer

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 07:53:08 PM »
Thunder Fox = BEST GAME EVER.  Fact.  Undeniable.  Everyone agrees, even if they don't.  You just can't compete with that level of graphics... they're too good!