Author Topic: Man Arrested in Samurai Attack  (Read 405 times)

TR0N

Man Arrested in Samurai Attack
« on: December 13, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »
Fresnan allegedly cut his nephew with a sword in a video-game quarrel
http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/264101.html
When i saw this,as a thread at the other fourms i vist i had to post it  :mrgreen:

Still it is rather freaky beside giving gamers a bad name.

I bet this person thought he was tom curse from the last samurai  :roll:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

Re: Man Arrested in Samurai Attack
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »
Christopher Torrez, 22, who lives with Sanchez, was admitted to Community Regional Medical Center with a stab wound to his left leg and three fingers -- the pinky, ring and index fingers -- on his left hand partially severed, said Jeff Cardinale, a police spokesman.

Dude, he should have just decapitated the guy. Samurai swords excel at that, you know.

Turbo D

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »
Lmao, I wonder what they were arguing about. Probably Halo no doubt.

Christopher Torrez, 22, who lives with Sanchez, was admitted to Community Regional Medical Center with a stab wound to his left leg and three fingers -- the pinky, ring and index fingers -- on his left hand partially severed, said Jeff Cardinale, a police spokesman.

Dude, he should have just decapitated the guy. Samurai swords excel at that, you know.

lol, or at least try to take off a hand. Darth vader status   8)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 01:53:03 AM »

I doubt that this particular sword would've been up to the task - "A number of dents were found on the blade, apparently caused during the incident".  How the hell do you dent a blade when stabbing someone in the leg?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nodtveidt

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 02:42:51 AM »
How do you even stab someone with a samurai sword to begin with? The katana and its family of weapons are designed for slashing, not piercing/thrusting. The blade is far too long and far too curved to be used as a close-combat thrusting weapon, and you're not going to be jousting with one anytime soon either. If they were talking about a to then I could understand stabbing; after all, it's straight, has a nasty pointed tip, and is a bit shorter. But this isn't even a samurai sword, it was used by certain ninja clans. No samurai would ever "dirty his hands" with a ninja's "inferior" weapon.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 02:53:41 AM »
Don't expect the media to get the sword type correct, as they probably just called it a 'samurai sword' because it sounds cool.

P.S. - Why the name change, nod?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Kitsunexus

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 09:05:44 AM »
To honor the old Mars Rover that NASA lost contact with. R.I.P. little buddy.  :cry:

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 10:52:33 AM »
I doubt that this particular sword would've been up to the task - "A number of dents were found on the blade, apparently caused during the incident".  How the hell do you dent a blade when stabbing someone in the leg?

Shitty replica blade that cost 50 bucks that is not intended to stab people.

Folks, surrender your Japanophile fetishes and get yourself a nice cavalry saber if you must use archaic weapons.  Or just use a gun like most people in the modern world.  I never will understand the fetish nerds have over medieval weapons.

nodtveidt

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 11:36:23 AM »
While I'm sure there are plenty of Japanophiles who need to be run through with a sharpened Aya Matsuura doll, I like ancient weaponry for its historical value. And not just Japanese weaponry either...most of my knowledge is of European arms and armors.

MissaFX

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 08:35:38 AM »
Real nerds use Pistol Swords.  Then if your enemy is unarmed you can cut them down with your faux-samurai limit break.  If they are armed with a sword as well, you can shoot them dead with a 50 cal lead ball. 

If they have a Pistol Sword as well, that is what your offhand Pistol Dirk is for...
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Turbo D

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 08:36:36 AM »
I like the way you think missa  8)

Kitsunexus

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 08:58:59 AM »
I would just scope the house out for a week, find out when they leave for their daily routine, etc... and don an handyman outfit (so the neighbors don't think anything's suspicious) and when they aren't home line the walls of their house with explosives.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 09:50:19 AM »
Real nerds use Pistol Swords.

They actually exist my god

Why the squeers haven't started buying these en masse is a mystery

Kitsunexus

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 01:54:39 PM »
Those seraded blades with the finger-grips would be more effective.  :roll: