Author Topic: What's a fair price for a new, fully re-capped Turbo Express?  (Read 166 times)

D-Lite

What's a fair price for a new, fully re-capped Turbo Express?
« on: December 16, 2007, 05:18:19 AM »
I ask because I have some units that I can now fix both the audio and video on.  The video one seems to work very well with maybe a slight warm up at the first few uses.  Note these are brand new in box.

So, what is it?  I notice there's an eBay seller going by "turbophoenix2000" that has used the audio fix and sold units at around $150+ship.  No mention of the video caps being swapped or not and one auction was going to do the cap swap at $199.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

Michael Helgeson

Re: What's a fair price for a new, fully re-capped Turbo Express?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 05:49:08 AM »
I wonder if thats that one guy I smited long ago for trying to say you didn't do the mod anymore and was trying to charge $40 to replace 3 caps???

I would take  the going price for them being new,tack on the price of the caps,and since you replaced the needed majority,I would tack on a amount between 15-35 bucks,but that is just me.Personally,I consider those things to be  a huge pain,Id never want to try to refurbish them out of the box and sell them,unless I knew the people I was selling them to,because of the abuse people tend to inflict on portable systems. Plus so many people whine about dead pixels too,and I wouldn't want to face the flak from that since those units had them dead right out of the box.

nat

Re: What's a fair price for a new, fully re-capped Turbo Express?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 07:48:55 AM »
I wonder if thats that one guy I smited long ago for trying to say you didn't do the mod anymore and was trying to charge $40 to replace 3 caps???

HAha, I remember that guy. He disappeared quick.

If you want my two cents, I probably wouldn't pay over $200, shipped. Any more than that and I'd be motivated to just buy a cheap used one with broken audio for $40-$80 and fix it myself.