Author Topic: ATTN: ceti alpha  (Read 1098 times)

Keranu

Re: ATTN: ceti alpha
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »
I like how this thread has the most posts out of all of the ATTN: threads 8) .

What makes this even better is that not a single one of the posts here is actually from ceti alpha.
Indeed! And to top that off, ceti_alpha was just browsing the forums some minutes ago and didn't respond to this thread!  :mrgreen:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »
Keranu, what you need to do, is first, get a time machine, & 2nd, go find one of those old A&W restaurants where the chicks come to your window for your order.  I have good memories of draft A&W there.  Unfortunatly, the only one I can remember existing, is loooooooooooooooooong gone, like, gone 25 years ago, maybe before you were born!  Though, I think I heard there are still some in the midwest.  Some KFC's do have an A&W there as well, with A&W from the tap.  I get root beer floats there, pretty good.  The burgers there though, aren't as good as the original restaraunt.

BTW, does anybody have a Happy Steak near them?  I haven't been to one in years, probably 20 years since ours kicked the bucket.

Keranu

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 09:05:55 PM »
There is a A&W fast food resteraunt a few towns away from me that I've been interested in going to. It's conjoined with another resteraunt (probably owned by the same company), but I can't remember which (might've been KFC, but don't remember). Your post is making me more interested in going there now :D . Never heard of Happy Steak.

I think people are under the impression that I hate or even dislike A&W rootbeer. I don't really have anything against it, I mean it's ok because it's rootbeer, but I think with it being the most common rootbeer, there is much more special rootbeer out there :) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 09:20:38 PM »
I agree, I'm just talking about the draft A&W.  I'm personally not a big root beer guy, I'm more Mountain Dew or Crabjuice...I mean Sunkist :)  You should check it out, if it's as decent as the KFC/A&W out here atleast, you should enjoy yourself a root beer float!

nat

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 03:53:50 AM »
There are a few A&W drive-ins in Seattle. I've never been to one, though.

Turbo D

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 04:31:18 AM »
A&W rootbeer is 100% better when had from the restaurant than from a can or bottle. The burgers there are a bit weak, but I go for the rootbeer. Also they have these fried cheese balls called "cheese curds," they're really good. Man, I'm getting hungry and thirsty just speaking of all of this!  =P~

nat

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 04:47:43 AM »
Using the word "curd" to describe any kind of edible substance does not sound appetizing in the least.

rag-time4

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 04:53:19 AM »
Turbo D, any chance of getting a favorite rootbeer poll any time in the forseeable future? :pray:

nat

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 05:02:49 AM »
Any kind of said poll needs to have DAD's as a choice.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 05:49:12 AM »
Has anyone tried Jones Soda's Root Beer?  It's pretty decent, but not mind blowing.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 06:22:56 AM »
Turbo D, any chance of getting a favorite rootbeer poll any time in the forseeable future? :pray:

It has been created  :)

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 08:13:37 AM »
Also they have these fried cheese balls called "cheese curds," they're really good.

Woah, hold the phone there partner.

Cheese curds are not supposed to be fried but eaten fresh without frying!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 08:57:54 AM »
Cheese curds are not supposed to be fried but eaten fresh without frying!

Unless you're at the cheese factory, they won't be fresh enough to be enjoyed as the gods intended.  Besides, deep fat frying can improve the taste of anything.  :)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 09:12:11 AM »
all I know is that they are super good, haha  =P~

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »
Fried cheese curds sounds like an instant heart attack.  Ugh.