Author Topic: ATTN: ceti alpha  (Read 1096 times)

rag-time4

Re: ATTN: ceti alpha
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 09:33:12 AM »
Fried cheese curds sounds like an instant heart attack.  Ugh.

There used to be this place over in my hometown of Vallejo called Mr Corn Dog.... not only did they have deep fried corn dogs but they also had deep fried cheese sticks in cornbread batter!!

I would never eat there now, but back in the day I used to love the place when I found out about it. They always had good video games there too.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »
Fried cheese curds sounds like an instant heart attack.  Ugh.

Word - though all great things in moderation.....
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 09:54:39 AM »
Did someone say root beer and Battletech?!  :dance: Sounds like a plan to me. But we'll have to have a loser's lounge where the guys with no mechs left go to drown their sorrows in root beer and Turbografx/PC Engine.  :mrgreen:

I was worried when I first saw this ATTN thread. lol. I thought that maybe in one of my root beer induced stupors I told off the wrong person or something.  :P

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 10:21:03 AM »
I was worried when I first saw this ATTN thread. lol. I thought that maybe in one of my root beer induced stupors I told off the wrong person or something.  :P

Hahahaha, what.  No way, ceti alpha, we love you!

I made the ATTN thread because there was too much hate going around in the other ATTN threads.  :x

ceti alpha

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 10:32:45 AM »
I made the ATTN thread because there was too much hate going around in the other ATTN threads.  Mad

Agreed.  :|

But the shout out is much appreciated.  :) You guys are awesome too.  :D

Oh and speaking of cheese curds: behold the "POUTINE"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

God bless those Quebecers.  :clap:

But it doesn't beat the Maritimes' Donair:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Dashs-Donair/Detail.aspx

I think Halifax has the most places you can buy donair, per capita, in the world. lol. Good grief. We obviously have issues over here.  :-" But man, nothing compares to a proper donair after a night of debauchery. Hangover prevention 101. I limit myself to 4 donairs/year. Basically one per season, and I think it's time for my xmas donair.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 01:31:58 PM by ceti alpha »

Keranu

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 03:58:35 PM »
I would love to try fried cheese curds. Fresh cheese curds are decent, but nothing mind blowing as Wisconsins like to make you believe.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2007, 04:31:31 PM »
I would love to try fried cheese curds. Fresh cheese curds are decent, but nothing mind blowing as Wisconsins like to make you believe.

It's hilarious how every region has their trademark, "bad for you" food that they boast about like it's some sort of sports team.

Go Halifax Donairs!!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 01:27:58 AM »
Those poutines look disgusting, but the donairs sound pretty tasty.  They don't even look terribly unhealthy, as long as the meat isn't drowned in the sauce.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nectarsis

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 02:20:45 AM »

Hey now...fresh cheese curds (or fried) are excellent.  Sorry..had to throw my cheesehead on for a min...lol
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 02:29:51 AM by nectarsis »
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

ceti alpha

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2007, 04:02:30 AM »
hehe.

Turbo D

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2007, 09:03:43 AM »
I love cheese  8)

ceti alpha

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2007, 05:45:47 PM »
I actually had my last donair of teh year. Even if I cheat and let myself have one over new year's, that means no donair until summer. Let me tell you though, it was fantastic! lol. Worth every 6 hundred and 25 cents.  :) hehe.

Though when I was looking through the menu I found a forgotten item: the Donair/Poutine....or... the Pounair as the locals call it.  :lol: As if one or the other wasn't bad enough...  :-({|=

Turbo D

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »
I just googled that poutine dish. It looks really tasty! We don't have that in California ( at least I haven't come across it, haha.)

ceti alpha

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2007, 04:15:32 AM »
I just googled that poutine dish. It looks really tasty! We don't have that in California ( at least I haven't come across it, haha.)

Well, the beauty of poutine is that it's not too hard to make. I definitely recommend you making up your own batch.  8)