Author Topic: The AWESOME Digital comic/adventure game thread  (Read 1140 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: The AWESOME Digital comic/adventure game thread
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 06:11:36 AM »
Of course Wine doesn't work on PS3. To really ensure you stop regretting you bought the PS3, you need Everclear. 3 gallons of it.

MissaFX

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2007, 09:30:46 AM »
Didn't anyone play the digital comic games on the PS1/PSX?

The Yarudora series was wonderful.  I own two of them on the PSX:

Kisetsu o Dakishimete which is a love drama game
and
Double Cast which is a murder mystery game

Yukiwari no Hana and Sampaguita are the other two.  I own 'Hana on the PSP but I have not played through it yet enough to make any comments on it.  I made sure it booted and kinda filed it away on a shelf...

The games have wonderful animation though and are interesting enough, at least the two I played on the PSX, that I have played through them more than once.

I have some Square game which is a live action comic type game where you play a spirit who has to talk to the main character to help them avoid death.  The interface requires you either be fluent in Japanese or in my case, have a Japanese native with you in RL when you try to play it.  I wish I could remember the name of it for the life of me, but I cannot.  I want to say: Another Memory?  Or something like that.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the PSP comics.  The Metal Gear comics and the Silent Hill comics I found to be interesting and they play on my TV too with the TV out.  If you like Silent Hill and have a PSP get the Silent Hill UMD video disc for it before they become a "rare" item on ebay...oh wait, everything on ebay is rare.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 09:32:53 AM by Missa »
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007, 10:56:52 AM »
Uhh, no.

I haven't played any of those because I am an American and only speak English and German.  8)

Kitsunexus

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2007, 11:09:12 AM »
The Metal Gear comic UMD would have been better as a book; there is no game to speak of.

MissaFX

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
The Metal Gear comic UMD would have been better as a book; there is no game to speak of.

It's a UMD video disc, I expected it to have little to no interactivity.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 11:13:07 AM »

It's a UMD video disc, I expected it to have little to no interactivity.

I expected it to be worth the money.

Bonknuts

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 01:38:46 PM »
The English patch for Bubblegum Crash (Turbo/PCE) should be out soon. I think the translation is completely done and just needs to be inserted.

It's been inserted and in near complete status (about 95%) for about a year now.  It just needs some small format corrections and a final review of the english text.

Quote from: nat link
Also, I think it was already mentioned but Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 are in the process of being translated.

We might be going into beta by the end of this month for DotB 1. Things are looking great and have been doing re-insertion tests all this month.

Runinruder, GUTS, and you other DC fans: if you're interested in doing any beta testing on some PCE DC games, then just drop me a PM or David Shadoff over at ME forums.

Dave also has a DC translation that's finished, but needs a final beta testing (Maison Ikkoku).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:44:37 PM by Bonknuts »

Keranu

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 01:26:47 PM »
Cool, Maison Ikkoku is another DC I've been interested in, but haven't played because of the strict language barrier.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).