Author Topic: Teen Opens PlayStation 3 Box, Finds Phone Book Inside!  (Read 748 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Teen Opens PlayStation 3 Box, Finds Phone Book Inside!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 09:35:20 PM »

Kitsunexus

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 12:57:31 PM »
how good the PSone games running on the PS3? does the PS3 still provides s-video?

The PS3 lets you play upscaled PSone games through HDMI(without any crappy filters). 8)

It also provides progressive scan output for PS2 games and seems to clean up the 3D a bit. :)

I'm going to buy a japanese PS3 game someday just to play Tengai Makyou III with a decent picture.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »
I believe the ones who made the disc where you can rip PS2 games onto your PS2 HD, are working on one for the PS3.  I'm hoping they'll make it, so you can rip PS1/2 games as well, then you won't need a japanese PS3 :)

Kitsunexus

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 01:42:36 PM »
I believe the ones who made the disc where you can rip PS2 games onto your PS2 HD, are working on one for the PS3.  I'm hoping they'll make it, so you can rip PS1/2 games as well, then you won't need a japanese PS3 :)

Also this: http://psp.ign.com/articles/842/842112p1.html < this is getting it's own thread.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 02:15:03 PM »
Might I add that the embarrissing PS3 video is hilarious, wow, there's some revolutionary things going on in Genji!  With that said, gamewise, there is nothing I care about on the 360 aside from Naruto, which will probably be ported to the PS3 someday anyways.  Plus, I'm tired of people whining of being on their 2nd or 3rd 360, because they keep burning out.  I don't want that to happen to me.  I'll just wait till the 720 comes out, & then I might pick up a 360.  I will say the 360 is more appealing then the original Xbox.  As for the Wii, it has about 3 or 4 games that I want, & nothing currently planned that I care about.  And I got my 60 Gig PS3 brand new for $350 + 5 Blu Ray movies(of which I'm going to sell, since, they didn't have a selection that I cared about).  So, so far, the PS3 is working for me, it's nothing fantastic yet, but, there are games coming out for it, that I actually care about.  That's my story, & I'm stickin' to it :D

Oh yeah, & my PS3 doesn't have to be paid off for 9 more months!  Though, I am paying about 30 bucks a month on it, just so I can have it paid off, before the interest starts.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:17:48 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

guyjin

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 06:08:50 AM »
Seems to me the ps3 is just getting crappier ports of 360 games. It's almost like having a 360 that doesn't get red rings of death :)

My roomate had a bit of trouble getting a 360 that worked. I'm not sure if he had to return one, or two units before he got his current one.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 09:05:37 AM »
They fixed all of that now with the newer 360 systems. Just make sure you buy a system that is newly stocked. I also hear the HD DVD drives puts a lot of power usage and heat on the system, so beware with older model 360 systems.

Black Tiger

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 09:06:11 AM »

If it'll work without having to mod my system I'll be very happy. :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
As will I!  I know, atleast with my PS2, I do have to do the switch flip inside to rip a japanese game, or I have to take out the hd, & connect it to my pc & rip the game there, but, I haven't felt like doing that, as I think you have to format the drive before ripping the game, & it just seems like more of a pain.  Oh, one other thing I can do, is rip the game, onto my computer, & then transfer it via cable to the PS2, but, it takes FOREVER!  I had to do that with Champions of Norrath, since it's a dual layer disc.  I don't remember how many hours it took to transfer that.