Author Topic: Bonk, Star Soldier, & Adventure Island coming to US PS2  (Read 567 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Bonk, Star Soldier, & Adventure Island coming to US PS2
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »
I wouldn't hold my breath, considering the listed publisher (Destination Software) doesn't list them under 'Coming Soon'.  Hope springs eternal though.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »
Indeed.  I do remember hearing about Bonk coming to Wii as well at some point, & at the same price.  But, I haven't heard anything about it lately.

nat

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 07:44:43 PM »
It's too bad they don't come to the US for GameCube since I refuse to buy a PS2.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 08:02:53 PM »
You could always try n' track down the Jp GC versions, & Freeloader to boot them.  I have Star Soldier for GC.  Quite frankly, I wish they had added in more weapons, that would've been nice.  As for the PS2, they're dirt cheap these days, why not pick one up, just hatred for Sony or something?  I hate Microsoft more then anyone, but, even still, I may pick up a 360 someday, despite the fact that I absolutly want them/him to fail.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 08:11:48 PM »
It's too bad they don't come to the US for GameCube since I refuse to buy a PS2.

Dude, I was the same way once, but honestly man, with all the retro stuff and generally cool Japanese-style games that are on the PS2 now, anti-PS2 mentality is stupid. Plus the new thin-style is sexy! ^____^

nat

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 08:13:52 PM »
I despise Micro-penis-soft over any Sony any day. I used to swear by Sony audio equipment back in the early 90s.

I got a bad taste in mouth for them after the PS1 and ruining gaming that I knew and loved with that early 3D crap that was ass-ugly. I never quite got over it. Besides, all my friends that have PS2s have had like 10 of them because they always break.

I'm not really familiar with Freeloader, but I'll look into it. I've seen the Jap GC versions available from time to time.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 08:16:44 PM »
I used to swear by Sony audio equipment back in the early 90s.

Our very first CD player was Sony. It was big and black but BOY did it sound good! It also introduced me to "Rhythm's Gonna Get You", and for that I am eternally grateful (in fact the MP3 I have of that song COMES off of that CD).

nat

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 08:20:27 PM »
Haha, damn right. I remember my first Discman-- it was a Sony and it was chunky. But it sounded oh-so-sweet. I still have that same pair of Sony earmuffs. They sound downright delicious to this very day, even though the padding is starting to wear away.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 08:26:21 PM »
Haha, damn right. I remember my first Discman-- it was a Sony and it was chunky. But it sounded oh-so-sweet. I still have that same pair of Sony earmuffs. They sound downright delicious to this very day, even though the padding is starting to wear away.

Oh no, man. This wasn't a Discman. This was a full-fledged STEREO CD player, from around when they first came out.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 08:44:43 PM »
One good thing about the GC, is that it doesn't need to be modded or whatever like the PS2, Freeloader just boots up, & then you pop in the game, IIRC, it's like that Dreamcast Utopia disc.  I do know what you mean about early 3D....it's pretty hideous.  Some games look like they should've just waited until the tech was better.  There's one game for Saturn I used to have, called Fist something or other.  I recently saw a youtube video of it, but, I can't seem to find it now.  The game looks flat out terrible, they should've either a)waited until the Dreamcast or b)done it in 2d!

Kitsunexus

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 09:00:24 PM »
Yup, that's the game, I couldn't take it, so I sold it years ago.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 03:24:55 AM »
One good thing about the GC, is that it doesn't need to be modded or whatever like the PS2,

Nevertheless, I'd avoid the Freeloader. It "tricks" the GC into loading a JP game, where as a switch hack actually make a US GC into a JP GC, even down to the internal menus and stuff. The bid advantage to this is that with a Freeloader games that use any built-in GC font will almost certainly not display text correctly giving you a bunch of squares and question marks or whatever instead of actual Japanese text.

The other thing you need to know about GC import playing is that save files for JP and US are formated differently. You need to quarantine your saves; have all JP save cards, and all US save cards. If you don't do this certain games will insist that your memory card needs to be reformatted and you'll just say "yeah" if you can't read Japanese (or squares and question marks if you are using a Freeloader) and delete all your US saves.

With a Freeloader I'm pretty sure the cross region save thing gets even weirder.

Another reason to avoid a Freeloader: swap disks are a pain in the ass.

nat

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 05:46:44 AM »
http://www.segagagadomain.com/saturn/fist.htm

I <3 IT!!! ^__^

That looks terrible. Man, oh man.

Zeta, how tough is the GC switch mod? Have you done it?