Author Topic: tzd, dead?  (Read 4940 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: tzd, dead?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
Good f*cking riddance. Wonder how long all our name and email info will be sitting there....

You all should check to see if you got a overt amount of spam over the past week to the listed email you have on there,I did,as did others I talked to that dealt with them. Spam harvesters most likely hit the page up since the info has been sitting there.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 12:48:49 PM by Michael Helgeson »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 03:09:08 PM »
Damn, I'm on there.  And.......so's David Herman!

Kitsunexus

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »
Jeez, if you want the email info off of their site, stop bitching anD DO Something about it!

WoodyXP

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 06:06:34 PM »
Jeez, if you want the email info off of their site, stop bitching anD DO Something about it!

I did.

Turbo D

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »
wow, everyone is on there. even me  :shock:  8-[

WoodyXP

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »
wow, everyone is on there. even me  :shock:  8-[

Yeah.. I sent the webmaster an e-mail asking to take them down.  Hopefully that webmaster
is still alive, and cares.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 01:46:14 AM »
Good f*cking riddance. Wonder how long all our name and email info will be sitting there....

You all should check to see if you got a overt amount of spam over the past week to the listed email you have on there,I did,as did others I talked to that dealt with them. Spam harvesters most likely hit the page up since the info has been sitting there.

I don't think you have a very good understanding of how spam works.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 01:56:57 AM »
Early official word on the site is that TZD has been sold off, and all web assets have been transferred to the new owners (whoever that may be).  I'm in the process of contacting Steve for a statement.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 03:03:54 AM »

I don't think you have a very good understanding of how spam works.

I know my comcast email wasn't outward public knowledge until this happened,and now it gets spam related garbage. Odd coincidence. Same case with a few others I know....Could be wrong,could be a unrelated coincidence,but then again...

Pcenginefx

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 03:08:19 AM »
Correction - Bt has stated on the Turbo mailing list that "TZD is not gone" and that "TZD is still around".  To what extent and function, has yet to be determined.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 03:29:56 AM »
Crud.

spenoza

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 04:33:35 AM »
I don't think there's a problem with them still being around. The problem is with their inability to manage their server and data correctly.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

nat

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 05:57:50 AM »
Current status as it stands now on TZD:

TZD is not "gone" -- the main assets have been transferred to another party
(and the web site is rather messed up right now too), but TZD is still around.
I do not have an email contact for the new owners of the TZD domain, but
I have sent them an email about the status of their web site.

I am not sure why the email is bouncing, they perhaps do not have the new
mail server setup up yet, in the mean time you can still reach the
"old" tzd at: tzd@mindrec.com, or turbo@mindrec.com, mail to these addresses is being
re-directed to the previous manager.

vestcoat

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 07:20:33 AM »
Good f*cking riddance.

Are there any TG/PCE dealers you've had positive experiences with?  Last year you were ranting about 16-Bit, D-Lite, and a laundry list of ebay sellers.  I'm sorry you and/or your friend had a bad experience with TZD.  From what I gather, you've had more bad online transactions than any one person should have to deal with in a lifetime and that sucks.  I appreciated your post and warning about TZD, but I've been reading about it for a month now and I'm sick of it.
I've really appreciated their service over the years and I'm bummed that Steve's gone regardless of who takes over.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »
Good f*cking riddance.

Are there any TG/PCE dealers you've had positive experiences with?  Last year you were ranting about 16-Bit, D-Lite, and a laundry list of ebay sellers.  I'm sorry you and/or your friend had a bad experience with TZD.  From what I gather, you've had more bad online transactions than any one person should have to deal with in a lifetime and that sucks.  I appreciated your post and warning about TZD, but I've been reading about it for a month now and I'm sick of it.
I've really appreciated their service over the years and I'm bummed that Steve's gone regardless of who takes over.

Maybe I'm sick of hearing "how much" they kept the Turbo community going (all assumptions,and giving credit to the wrong people).I also didn't like to see the comments they made about the forum members here to Keranu in email and to my friend when he attempted to get his credit card refunded. It was bad mouthing everyone one who was buying from them.Seems Steve doesn't think too highly of his "fans". Seriously,if your sick of my posting,simply skip anything with my name on it. I gave 16-bit another go,and the second time around he did really good.Dean has as of yet to let me down on any Pc Engine purchase I made from him. I never ever said Dean screwed me in a Pc Engine deal. What was going on there was related to other subjects that have also since been settled.

TZD NEVER refunded my friends credit card. The card company themselves had to. TZD was given plenty of time to fix it by way of apology,and just refund the card. This was quite a large charge,that partially wouldn't have even taken place if I had not mentioned the sale to my friend,nor if Steve had just admitted that he honestly did not have enough stock before the card was charged,ect...They had plenty of chances to do right,they didn't,so yea I'm happy they are gone.So in the same manner I will never quit being disgusted with them.

If someone completely new takes over,with fair prices,maybe starts selling new and used US and Jap titles,I would give a def  go again,but in its current state I'm glad to see it gone. That last sale thing was a horrible exit method. Just because you got what you wanted from it and all went well for you doesn't mean it did for everyone else here or in in general. Also,if a new TZD opens with Lords of Thunder and Forgotten Worlds in stock,I'm going to laugh my ass off :P

If you're really sad to see Steve go,go light a candle,hold  a vigil,pray for his comeback,and cry when it doesn't happen. Thats the best I can offer you at the moment.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:45:01 AM by Michael Helgeson »