Author Topic: tzd, dead?  (Read 4939 times)

nat

Re: tzd, dead?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 09:07:42 AM »
go light a candle,hold  a vigil,pray for his comeback,and cry when it doesn't happen.

:lol:

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 09:48:12 AM »
go light a candle,hold  a vigil,pray for his comeback,and cry when it doesn't happen.

:lol:

Seriously,I swear... People act like they went out to ball games,ate burgers with,and raised kids with this guy they never met,the way they brag about their "good memories". Before the last screw up,business was good,I never had a issue,and TZD did point me in the right direction to Smartworks back in 94 to get Turbo Cd systems,but this is not something that filled me with joy joy memories on a personal level that I'll cherish for a life time and make me feel like I knew Steve personally.

If it wasn't for TZD I would have found other ways to get the cd systems,same for the games.Nec would have gave me Smart Works info also. Steve wasn't my friend,he was a worker/manager at a phone order store that took my info,my cash,and sent me my stuff. Its as simple as that. To anyone bragging about the good memories of Steve,can you provide pics of your hang out sessions with him,anything to show hes a great guy outside of you just buying from him? Anything not related to purchases? Anything other then just him doing his job,completing the sales,and reading you off some turbo tips from his ultra rare TurboGrafx tricks and tips book every now and then?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 09:50:37 AM by Michael Helgeson »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 10:18:27 AM »
I WANT TO HAVE STEVE'S BABY. 0___0

WoodyXP

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 01:56:22 PM »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 04:45:58 PM »
Just because you got what you wanted from it and all went well for you doesn't mean it did for everyone else here or in in general.

The opposite is also true.  It's not hard to understand why people with mostly positive dealings are saddened to see the disappearance of the only remaining source for new Turbo goodies.

Seriously,I swear... People act like they went out to ball games,ate burgers with,and raised kids with this guy they never met,the way they brag about their "good memories".

And some people act like they ran over their puppy and dirty sanchezed their mother.  Go light a candle, hold a vigil, and pray that you'll someday get over it.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »
Just because you got what you wanted from it and all went well for you doesn't mean it did for everyone else here or in in general.

The opposite is also true.  It's not hard to understand why people with mostly positive dealings are saddened to see the disappearance of the only remaining source for new Turbo goodies.

Seriously,I swear... People act like they went out to ball games,ate burgers with,and raised kids with this guy they never met,the way they brag about their "good memories".

And some people act like they ran over their puppy and dirty sanchezed their mother.  Go light a candle, hold a vigil, and pray that you'll someday get over it.

I didn't "self create" memories of someone charging up a credit card over $150 and not refunding it. I get over alot of things,but money is one of the few things I don't get over when someone tries to rip me or  a friend off. And I had ALL good dealings with TZD,which is why it pisses me off so much,why I am so bitter that the last transaction Id have with them was so botched and tainted. Not the way I like to see a long standing business go down. Def not the way I want my last experience to be with them.

Side note,I prob wouldn't think about it if the actual TZD threads stopped. My only hope is,like I said,that the new owners are cool and will rebuild it into something special,and deal with more then the basic sealed US stock leftovers.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 06:08:39 PM by Michael Helgeson »

malducci

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 06:10:13 PM »
Quote from: Michael Helgeson
I didn't "self create" memories of someone charging up a credit card over $150 and not refunding it. I get over alot of things,but money is one of the few things I don't get over when someone tries to rip me or  a friend off. And I had ALL good dealings with TZD,which is why it pisses me off so much,why I am so bitter that the last transaction Id have with them was so botched and tainted. Not the way I like to see a long standing business go down. Def not the way I want my last experience to be with them.

What I don't get is why would he all of a sudden decide, "Hey, I'm going to rip off that f*cker Helgeson. Yeah, and for no apparent reason. God, I love being a f*cking jerk", but to no one else? The logic doesn't add up. I've seen you jump the handle here a few times, so maybe you did with him. Maybe he thought, "Man, what f*cking jerk this Helgeson is. I'd normally refund my customers, but since this guy's being douche bag right off the start - I'll just ignore this inbred Arkansas ass and let him get his refund through the credit card company."

Well... that's what I would have done/said if someone was being a total f*cking ass to me before I had a chance to explain and set things right. Since we don't know the other side of the argument, I guess all we can do it speculate. It's either that or Mike has some shitty luck when it comes to venders. Oh and I've never purchased from TZD before.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »
If you check that other thread,they charged others before getting the ok to do so after stock "ran out" . Also,it wasn't my credit card,my name wasn't attached to the order this time around on paper,just Erics,and my friend was really polite with them up until they started lying and getting caught up in shit. Its natural for someone to get pissed when they find out their card got charged in full and they were not asked if it was ok to do so after stock had run out and then to get told complete bullshit. Any questions into Erics character? Ask Dean,hes sold to him before,never  a problem. Erics ebay feedback??? 100 percent with over 806 positive feedbacks:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=quoth09&ftab=AllFeedback
Trust me,its really hard to rub this guy the wrong way and piss him off over a deal,but TZD managed it.

They didn't even offer to substitute in a email,or give a courtesy call or decide to notify that there was a problem. We wouldn't have found out until TZd had actually decided to ship the package,which they also lied about doing until we informed them it would be shipped back. Not everyones last deal with them was all roses. Some people had to sub out,some just canceled their orders,but I'm sure all got their refunds for the most part. Some got kinda jerked around getting their stuff in,taking way too long,and like with Keranu,a busted TV Tuner looking used and arriving late was what he got,and to make up for it,he got to pick from left overs.

TZD wasn't  a vendor. It was  a order by mail/phone,then later net store located inside another store,American Pie I think it was called.Vendors sell supplies and stock to stores so the stores themselves will have items to sale at a profit.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 06:44:52 PM by Michael Helgeson »

D-Lite

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 06:52:21 PM »
Recent issues aside, since I wasn't directly involved, I have to say Steve has been very good to me outside of just purchases.

Back a few years when TZD was still going strong, I ordered something (can't remember what now...) and got to talking to Steve about the state of Turbo stuff and we somehow got around to talking about remaining Turbo Express stock he had, which at the time was quite substantial.  But, he told me that he was getting worried about the stock since he was finding increasing amounts of the units were suffering from dead sound problems.  He knew I was into the modding scene with PCE/Turbo stuff and asked me if I had any idea what the problem was.  So he sent me two NOS Expresses that had the sound issue and that was when I found the capacitor problem and fix.  At the time, Steve was sitting on roughly 70-80 dead units and if you do a quick amount of math, that's a lot of potentially lost cash.  The fix was simple and dirt-ass cheap so I told him he could compensate me with some games and cover shipping. 

Now you can say I saved the man upwards of $10,000-20,000 on those systems and he owed me a lot more.  Well, in addition to those games, he let me keep and sell the initial systems I worked on, so that's pretty sweet, and then in some of the follow up systems I did he sent me some seriously cool/rare swag that only a distributor could get.  Some hats, shirts, a new Kisado, some other odds and ends, and then the coolest of all a prototype HuCard slot to PC connector cable. 

So I have to say in dealing with Steve personally for several years and through our dealings on this stuff, he was very cool to me and I appreciate it.  Yes, I provided him a valuable service on this stuff, but he was more generous than he had to be and was always good to talk to about the Turbo scene.  I think most of the problems we've seen as of late are a result of the death spiral TZD and it's parent company American Pie have been in.  Watching your business crap itself can make you sloppy, but that's not an excuse, just a probable cause.  God knows I'm not perfect but as long as things get worked out in the end I think it's forgivable.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »
I think most of the problems we've seen as of late are a result of the death spiral TZD and it's parent company American Pie have been in.  Watching your business crap itself can make you sloppy, but that's not an excuse, just a probable cause.  God knows I'm not perfect but as long as things get worked out in the end I think it's forgivable.

Agree,and thats what irks me so much,last deal I would do with them was so tainted. All the others were perfect or near perfect. This would have been Eric's first,which is what pisses me off more. This is why we decided to do a joint buy,but in the end both of us wished we didn't bother.

vestcoat

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 07:06:50 PM »
Interesting.  American Pie is on the rocks?  They sell CD's, right?  I guess that makes sense.

I think most of the problems we've seen as of late are a result of the death spiral TZD and it's parent company American Pie have been in. 

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2008, 08:14:59 PM »
Lets take this thread into a new direction,by answering a question with yet another hidden within.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:20:28 PM by Michael Helgeson »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2008, 08:52:17 PM »
I don't know what that thing is, but I want it!

Oh yeah, someone send this email, I dare you:

TZD YOU ARE A BUNCH OF COCKSUCKING SPINELESS MOTHERf*ckING WHORED OUT MONKEY ANUSES THAT AREN'T EVEN FIT TO LICK THE CRUST OFF MY GRANDMOTHER'S VAGINA MUCH LESS SELL VIDEO GAMES! THE ONLY THING WORSE THEN YOUR PUSSYASS EXCUSE OF A COMPANY IS YOUR INEPTITUDE AT LIFE YOU SON OF A BITCH CUMDUMPSTER! WHY DON'T YOU WANNABE OSTRICH GYNECOLOGISTS PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR CUNTS AND f*ckING GET YOUR SITE BACK TOGETHER YOU FLAMING BAGS OF RAINBOW COLORED UNICORN SHIT STAINED SEMEN-SLURPEE GUZZLING ASSFAGS!? P f*ckING S: TURBOEXPRESS OR NOT, CHARGING NEAR HALF A GRAND IS FORREST f*ckING GUMP RETARD SHIT. ARE YOU A f*ckING TAR-TAR? DOES MOMMY STRAP YOUR HELMET ON EVERYDAY SO YOU DON'T GET A CONCUSSION FROM YOUR FAG LOVER'S TESTICLES? NO? THEN f*ckING MAKE YOUR SHIT CHEAPER.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:57:30 PM by Kitsunexus »

Turbo D

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2008, 08:58:48 PM »
I don't know wtf that fur wiener is, but its cool, haha.  8)

WoodyXP

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2008, 08:58:54 PM »
Hahah.. I'd send that if they had more to offer.  It was slim pickings when they folded.. so I'm not surprised and not really disappointed with the
happenings.  It was nice having a place to go to buy some bits like new cables and PSU's.. but I'm gonna survive.  It's like seeing your old beleaguered
pet get put to sleep.. it sucks.. but you're glad it's over.