Author Topic: tzd, dead?  (Read 4909 times)

Turbo D

Re: tzd, dead?
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2008, 12:51:47 PM »

nat

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »
What a bunch of f*cking douchebags.

This really pisses me off.

None of that stuff, save for Riot zone, is available from the TZD website.

I think the spirit of what TZD was was lost in the ownership transfer.

It seems now that all that is left of TZD is just another jerkoff eBay store seller trying to rape people for top dollar on Turbo merchandise.

I seriously hope I am wrong, but I expect this is just the calm before the storm. f*ckers.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:09:26 PM by nat »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2008, 02:21:28 PM »
So that you all know,I just got done dealing with these ass wipes. They are actually "1" id covering more then one store,so they list items not physically in their own hands,so descriptions can be shady or not accurate. Also due to this they will give random combined shipping quotes on stuff,and if some of the items are in another persons hands,you don't get combined shipping.  They do not list this policy on all auctions,so be aware of this. Ebay will not be willing to enforce fair shipping quotes against this seller,so your f*cked.

They do not list this in their details either. Their combined shipping rates when they do do it is horrible. Their replies are extremely rude in manner. For two PS1 games I ended up having to pay $15.40 for first class mail,and the 3rd title wasn't in their hands so had to pay $6.99 to ship it also and make it as a separate payment. I will be leaving negatives soon.

I repeat,if you care at all about saving money and using a nice reliable seller,don't buy from them.

EDITED: I added the exact amounts they charged me for shipping.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:42:03 PM by Michael Helgeson »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2008, 02:24:26 PM »
What a bunch of f*cking douchebags.

This really pisses me off.

None of that stuff, save for Riot zone, is available from the TZD website.

I think the spirit of what TZD was was lost in the ownership transfer.

Well,honestly,the stuff came from TZD,so seems they had been holding out after all. I think the spirit of what TZD was died long ago,and what it became was exactly what this company embodies. I wont be surprised if more and more stuff appears,including Lords of Thunder and Forgotten Worlds copies. This place wouldn't have bought out TZD unless they knew they were going to make good money and get good stock,not just a bunch of stuff they couldn't sell..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:29:19 PM by Michael Helgeson »

nodtveidt

« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
Well, I placed a bid on a single item they're offering on ebay...just to see how it turns out. If I win, I'll give y'all a report on how it went.

nat

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »

I repeat,if you care at all about saving money and using a nice reliable seller,don't buy from them.

Great. That just fuels my fears. Whatever happens, thanks for the heads up.

This is all just really, really sad.

Well,honestly,the stuff came from TZD,so seems they had been holding out after all. I think the spirit of what TZD was died long ago,and what it became was exactly what this company embodies.

I agree to some extent.

But I knew that [the old] TZD had some stuff they weren't listing on their website. They were letting it go little bits at a time. I had respect for that, especially for the fact they weren't taking it to eBay.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2008, 02:39:42 PM »
Quote from: TZD website

You good people have been our life-blood for seven years and we value every one of you. We think we have an excellent reputation and we aim to keep it. To us it's more about playing the game than running a business.) You have created and sustained a legend in the Turbo community.

Excellent way to f*cking thank us for keeping them around I say. Selling everything to a company that would surely rape the same customers who kept them going for so so long. You cant begin to tell me they had no idea of the intentions of the company making the buy. Also,I have every bit of  a problem with trinkling out the stuff. They held back,sold the stuff only to certain people at certain times,kept the valuable stuff as much as possible stored away and used that more likely then not to help sell the whole package in the end when the time came. It really makes me wonder how much they held back,had to been alot for sure to get Redfrog to buy them out.

I sent a thoughtful message to Redfrog. Depending on what all everyones thoughts are on this whole deal and what type of reply I get from Redfrog, I may post it here. Honestly though I expect their reply to be the same type as the others for the items I won,rude,evasive,and worthless.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:02:35 PM by Michael Helgeson »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2008, 04:27:14 PM »
Quote from: TZD website

You good people have been our life-blood for seven years and we value every one of you. We think we have an excellent reputation and we aim to keep it. To us it's more about playing the game than running a business.) You have created and sustained a legend in the Turbo community.

Excellent way to f*cking thank us for keeping them around I say. Selling everything to a company that would surely rape the same customers who kept them going for so so long. You cant begin to tell me they had no idea of the intentions of the company making the buy. Also,I have every bit of  a problem with trinkling out the stuff. They held back,sold the stuff only to certain people at certain times,kept the valuable stuff as much as possible stored away and used that more likely then not to help sell the whole package in the end when the time came. It really makes me wonder how much they held back,had to been alot for sure to get Redfrog to buy them out.

I sent a thoughtful message to Redfrog. Depending on what all everyones thoughts are on this whole deal and what type of reply I get from Redfrog, I may post it here. Honestly though I expect their reply to be the same type as the others for the items I won,rude,evasive,and worthless.

I > everyone else, so I say "POST THE REPLY!" ^_____^

Turbo D

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2008, 04:36:43 PM »
I honestly would love to see the reply too!

Keranu

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »
Me threed!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2008, 05:06:52 PM »
I doubt they will reply,that and what I said to them they obviously wont like to read. They had it coming anyway,they already f*cked me over on the 3 auctions. I'm sure they  are expecting the 3 negatives from me. Ive been sitting on them while I think of something creative to say.

MissaFX

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2008, 06:20:15 PM »
Wow, this is just aweful.  I'm glad I didn't do any business with them during the sale.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

CatBoy

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2008, 08:11:59 PM »
Quoted from tzd.com:

"Many people remember other great Turbo games not listed on our site. In a perfect world we'd still be selling new copies of Dracula X, Dungeon Explorer II, Cotton or Magical Chase"

And from RedFrog's auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-Grafx-Duo-COTTON-NEW-SEALED_W0QQitemZ370014240840QQihZ024QQcategoryZ62053QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

"This auction is for a genuine factory sealed Fantastic Night Dreams COTTON for Turbo Grafx/Turbo Duo Systems. As Turbo Zone Direct (TZD), We are the only recognized distributor in the world with the largest stock of factory sealed Turbo Grafx games available!"

You know what that means people? We now live in a perfect world. :D

shubibiman

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2008, 01:08:41 AM »
 :shock:

I don't know why but that's kinda what I expected when TZD announced they were selling off to someone else.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Sinistron

« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2008, 01:20:20 AM »
And if the bids don't reach insane heights they'll probably snipe their own auctions.   :evil:

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real